Transfers and Rumours - old thread

SwiftGuyver

Liverpool have never really signed already established big name marquee players even when they were regularly in Europe/CL. it's never really been their style. they have had players who became recognized as world class talents during their time at the club (Suárez, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres) and then sold them for a profit and they have had very good players like Hyypiä, Hamann, Maxi Rodríguez etc etc but have never really gone in with a massive bid for an already widely known star name.

people can try and disrespect as much as they want but they still have a massive worldwide fanbase, a glorious history and are currently competing in the modern era on their own terms. how they are still anywhere near the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd etc. is beyond me! fair play to them.

personally i predict them continuing to surprise people next season.

Martindn

In the current situation liverpool have an advantage over manu in the form of CL.Manu for example have already lost quite many targets like di maria and kroos due to CL football.

Van gaal chose not to pursue Kroos, Di maria is still up in the air right? It was Sanchez who declined due to CL.

S7_MUFC

In the current situation liverpool have an advantage over manu in the form of CL.Manu for example have already lost quite many targets like di maria and kroos due to CL football.
Non of those targets were lost to Liverpool and in terms of wages and having more world class players United are still more appealing than Liverpool

Tomchin

Yes we are. It's not that bad though, he can be a decent squad player.

What wages is he on by the way?
No idea. With Masch shifted back to midfield, I don't see how Song could get any playing time tbh. Unless Lucho is really contemplating a double pivot of course.

Bertus

According to the spanish newspaper ABC, Ancelotti said again to Di Maria that he is counting on him next season.

They also claim Di Maria is using PSG to renew his contract with a way better salary.

Please be true. So no need to worry at PSG about selling a star.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Then what about Kroos, is he doing the same thing?!!! Or is he replacing Khedira and what about the rumours related to James. I think Di Maria is leaving, that very well might be some tabloid bs, unless real realized they can't sign James and keeping Di Maria is good for them. Di Maria needs to be freed from his shackles, would like united to do it but wouldn't mind psg doing. #FreeDiMaria

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

L

linetty

According to multiple reports Liverpool are considering a monster £44 bid for Borussia Dortmund star Marco Reus [nbc sports]

Home of Barca Fans