Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Barcilliant

I bet our cheap ass management goes for Guaita. We never seem to go for quality keepers. Like defenders goalkeepers seem to be an annoying inconvenience we have to deal with.

BUY QUALITY. Ter Stegen is good. Marquinos or Martinez. Maybe both. Hummels if possible or Subotic. a proper number 9

Ritchie

I've seen Podolski plenty of times this season, and he is not Barça material to me. And no more players from them, because I don't think there's good enough players there for Barça.

Cazorla? Wilshere? Vermalen?

Podolski is rubbish.

loozy

I'd prefer Courtois over both Guaita and ter Stegen who has struggled majorly this season. If they want to go for a German, get Trapp or Adler, both have experience, are excellent on the ball and good on one-on-one.

loozy

Cazorla? Wilshere? Vermalen?

Podolski is rubbish.

Not Vermaelen; he has been warming the bench for good reason for the second half of the season and was rubbish during the first; he had one very good season at Arsenal, the rest was decent. He is too rash in his decisions to barge forward and loses concentration quite often.

Barcilliant

Honestly I don't see what you guys see in that kid. . Only reminds me of an amateur Kaka. Maybe I am not watching him close enough though.

True. Also who was the last player to come from Italy and be a success at Barca. I cant recall any -can you?????

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Valdes saved us quite a bit this season, his only terrible screw-up was against Madrid in the SuperCup. Reina has made more mistakes this season than him.

loozy

Reina is pretty average gk but still better than Valdes.

:rofl1:

edit: and I rate Reina highly but his form in the last two years has been waning and especially this season he has had howlers of matches and only stabilized more recently.

DucdeOrléans

:rofl1:

edit: and I rate Reina highly but his form in the last two years has been waning and especially this season he has had howlers of matches and only stabilized more recently.

Indeed. Reina should only be bought if the team needs a clown in the dressing room or on the bench that can entertain them. Otherwise such a move makes no sense. Reina is simply not good enough. Way better options out there.

Kerrybai

I hope we avoid buying another midfielder, we are already stacked in midfield. Thiago and Fabregas could suffer badly from another midfield purchase.

I would avoid Reina, I don't think he's an upgrade on VV. I think he would come though, it would be very hard for him to turn down a chance to win silverware. Courtois would be wonderful but I imagine we would pay through the roof, and with Neymar coming and a world class centre back needed I imagine we will get a cheap goalkeeper.

However If the money was set aside last season for Neymar then he won't affect the budget, so in that case we could see Neymar, world class CB, another CB, possibly another forward and a GK. Exciting times :barca scarf:

Home of Barca Fans