Transfers and Rumours - old thread

impeh

Hi, its me..
Luis Suárez has pleaded with Liverpool to fulfil the promise they made a year ago and let him leave Anfield. The Uruguay striker insists that he is prepared to submit a written transfer request by the end of the week if the club continue to block his move to Arsenal. Speaking for the first time since Arsenal made a £40,000,001 bid for him, Suárez told the Guardian he believes that he has been left little alternative.

impeh

Hi, its me..
yeh, obviously Liverpool wont be too keen to sell to a rival in the same country.. but would be nice to see them get a proper decent player for big money for a change.

Martindn

Moyes has launched a £23.5m bid for Marouane Fellaini - signalling the end of United's pursuit of Cesc Fabregas. [mirror]

Looks like we are going for Fellaini.

Dont know why you guys are complaining to be honest, 2 years you have been looking for a cb you say? Bartra looks decent. The last midfielder we bought bar youngsters, was Carrick 7 years ago, got a good few years before you compare your situation to ours :p

Moyes has launched a £23.5m bid for Marouane Fellaini - signalling the end of United's pursuit of Cesc Fabregas. [mirror]

Looks like we are going for Fellaini.

Dont know why you guys are complaining to be honest, 2 years you have been looking for a cb you say? Bartra looks decent. The last midfielder we bought bar youngsters, was Carrick 7 years ago, got a good few years before you compare your situation to ours :p

You forgot Hargreaves! Had a majestic 07/08 season. After that it turned very ugly. Don't like the Fellaini transfer one bit but it's Moyes decision ...

Also a german journalist reckons that Mourinho will try strongly for Khedira, as he was one of his favourite players at Real Madrid and told a Chelsea player he is likely to join back in May.

F

Flavia

Sport, now with the same thing md posted earlier:

1005474_10151623958492535_140690128_n.jpg

"Agger, Luiz or... Puyol!

Tata considers the option of not signing a cb, if Puyol is back 100%"

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It would be foolish to not acquire a CB just because Puyol might return to fitness. Puyol's return simply gives you a wider range of choice because now perhaps you no longer need to splurge on a big name CB, and can now instead get a less proven but cheaper option.

F

Flavia

MD cover for tomorrow:
2h3vno0.jpg

"Martino's booklet:
1- he doesn't think a cb is indispensable
2- Cesc can play as mdf or false 9
3- He wants a 25 players squad

Stric

I actually find that Sport cover kind of insulting to Puyol... It's as if he was scrap metal, but we realized we could still use him for something. FFS, whenever he's around, he's by far our best defender. And I know what everyone's gonna say, you're gonna emphasize my "whenever he's around" part. But come one, Abidal came back from a liver transplant, of course it is expected that Puyol will recover from a knee surgery. I don't doubt he'll return to full fitness at a certain point. Having said that, I'm not claiming we don't need a new CB.

Martindn

You forgot Hargreaves! Had a majestic 07/08 season. After that it turned very ugly. Don't like the Fellaini transfer one bit but it's Moyes decision ...

Indeed i did, can you really blame me though he played like what, 25 games in 5 years? :lol: Such a shame though he was fantastic, was so excited when he made a 'return' against wolves only to get injured again.

Fellaini was great for everton used as a DM before getting pushed further up field, next to Carrick i think he will do well, its just not as exotic as say Fabregas or Marchisio. But times running out, Fellaini is better than what we have least it will stop teams running through our midfield like it doesn't exist.

We may still buy another midfielder as well though, i mean it sounded like we tried to get both Fabregas and Fellaini together. Unless god forbid he wants to put fellaini in AMC :wub:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Pique+Mascherano+Bartra+Puyol is actually enough depth imo, as long as we heavily rotate and have Tata really focus on our individual defenders perform. If Pique is back to his best and Puyol is rotated, I don't see that as being too big a problem.

Still, I want Ramos.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Pique+Mascherano+Bartra+Puyol is actually enough depth imo, as long as we heavily rotate and have Tata really focus on our individual defenders perform. If Pique is back to his best and Puyol is rotated, I don't see that as being too big a problem.

Still, I want Ramos.

Dream on with Ramos bruh lolz.

Bartra could have a breakout season this year. I still think it is a signal of the incredible incompetence of this board if they really think that not signing a CB for fucking three seasons is absolute madness. Why?

I can still see us having a successful season tho if we don't sign a CB this summer. If Tata gives Bartra plenty of gametime and illustrates just how important pressing is, I think we will be alright.

But seriously, not signing Luiz when we have a bunch of money just bc he is expensive is really, really lame.

Jadentheman

I actually find that Sport cover kind of insulting to Puyol... It's as if he was scrap metal, but we realized we could still use him for something. FFS, whenever he's around, he's by far our best defender. And I know what everyone's gonna say, you're gonna emphasize my "whenever he's around" part. But come one, Abidal came back from a liver transplant, of course it is expected that Puyol will recover from a knee surgery. I don't doubt he'll return to full fitness at a certain point. Having said that, I'm not claiming we don't need a new CB.

Kind of silly too. Knowing Puyol's recent track record whose to say he won't get injured yet again? We need security in the back and if Barca decides to sign no one then we don't have good security. We'll have a false sense of security though.

Home of Barca Fans