Trent Alexander-Arnold

khaled_a_d

How highly is he rated here?

Generally people here consider most English players overrated. Is he considered overrated?

I like him, if we have big transfer budget (we don't) he is one player I would try to make an offer and see if Liverpool will bite (they won't)

People forget his age. Dude's young af. He's way better than Marcelo and Alves were at his age. If he played for Barca or Real you guys would be fawning over him.

He is same age of 06/07 Dani Alves.
I watched that Alves closely and he was a beast, same for 05/06 Alves who was younger than current TAA.
Numbers favors Trent, but it was different era and Juande Ramos' Sevilla side who was known for their defense. His numbers went up immediately after Juande left.

Don't know, I highly doubt he can eclipse Alves, who was just a physical beast beside his skills. Maybe I am biased but that is how I see it

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Alves got benched by Prime Maicon.

And yeah every Brazilian agreed with that decision.

Prime Maicon was different gravy. Shame he had no longevity after the famous Bale incident. Alves mogs overall obviously.

Hasn't TAA been an unused sub more times than actually being out there on the field when in the England squad? ;)

Temptation

Hasn't TAA been an unused sub more times than actually being out there on the field when in the England squad? ;)

Yes and Southgate has widely been roasted for that.

There were talks that he could use Trent in midfield.

Hope England get a new progressive coach who can use all the talent correctly.

Southgate seems to despise Trent for some reason. Anyways better for Liverpool since he's all fresh and rested. As it is, England win fuckall.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Southgate seems to despise Trent for some reason. Anyways better for Liverpool since he's all fresh and rested. As it is, England win fuckall.

Southgate thinks Trent can't defend. He is a conservative manager first and foremost.

Temptation

Southgate thinks Trent can't defend. He is a conservative manager first and foremost.

Southgate is such a clown. The general public opinion about him in England is incredibly low.

He's just a nice dude with top class posh behaviour and zero emotions. That's it. Typical yes man for the FA.

khaled_a_d

Southgate is actually a successful national team coach, now can we really say the same about Dunga? Scolari was good once but in 2014 he was the coach who led Brazil to its biggest ever humiliation.
I would take take Southgate opinion over those 2, and generally won't care even a little about what they prefer when arguing about players.
NT tournaments are usually different, and NT coaches always have their guys and prefer conservative play.

serghei

Prime Maicon was like a fart in the wind. Before you smell it it's gone and you never know it was there. He had maybe 4-5 months when he was at Dani Alves level.

Alves is a different level to Trent, not as much in technique maybe, but clear in terms of game intelligence and mostly defensive beastiness. Everyone who knows a bit about the game will tell you as much.

In his prime, you just couldn't abuse Alves 1 vs 1 no matter who you were, too much of a pit bull defender that had some amazing fast reactions and power to face off wingers physically. If Trent faces a top-class winger with pace, he folds like a piece of paper. Alves made the whole flank all night and wast beast at both ends.

Last edited:

Temptation

Southgate is actually a successful national team coach, now can we really say the same about Dunga? Scolari was good once but in 2014 he was the coach who led Brazil to its biggest ever humiliation.
I would take take Southgate opinion over those 2, and generally won't care even a little about what they prefer when arguing about players.
NT tournaments are usually different, and NT coaches always have their guys and prefer conservative play.

Prime Maicon was an absolute madman for Inter though. Such a talismanic RB. Alves clear overall but I think a lot of people have forgotten Maicon's peak

Kul_z

These are the same people hyping Pedri up to the moon. Their manager compares him to Iniesta already

Meanwhile the young TAA has already won the CL and PL getting appreciation from even the foreign press and is applauded globally.

But Trent won't do what their favourite fancy Brazilian full backs did. Okay Nostradamus.

We'll see if any of these "super talented" and hyped Barca kids achieve half as much by Trent's age. 😂😂

Gtfo, TAA was murdered by 33 year old perisic, his luck is VVD in defence and fuck ups of attackers inter had in this cl appearance. Just type alvessi in yt and whole 'attacking' segment of TAA become laughable. Good system player, generational rb debatable. Alves comparisons? Go suck his dick on some epl forums

Home of Barca Fans