Trent Alexander-Arnold

Temptation

Gtfo, TAA was murdered by 33 year old perisic, his luck is VVD in defence and fuck ups of attackers inter had in this cl appearance. Just type alvessi in yt and whole 'attacking' segment of TAA become laughable. Good system player, generational rb debatable. Alves comparisons? Go suck his dick on some epl forums

Spoken like a true autist wothout even comprehending the context of the posts above. Pipe down clown.

Birdy

His productivity as a right back is absolutely ridiculous.

People forget his age. Dude's young af. He's way better than Marcelo and Alves were at his age. If he played for Barca or Real you guys would be fawning over him.

He'll only get better from here. Even his flaws like defensive game are clearly improving.

First of all, calma!
You are not talking to Liverpool haters, and as far as I am concerned I like Pool the most from EPL teams

Then, the argument that 'he won CL and PL' says little to nothing.
All the members of the team won those titles and all of them played under Klopp.
You may wanna counter that he was starter, that's fine. But there is nothing more to it.
If he is given sporting merit for the titles, it's only because he was a cog in Klopp's wheel like anybody else.

Then, the fact that Klopp defended his player in a press conference, says again nothing.
Yes, that's what Klopp always does and acts as a father to his players, and it's totally legit.
That doesn't mean that the point about his defensive weaknesses is not strong.

Then, 'he can only get better' is wishful thinking at its best.
IMO he has regressed the last couple of years. Trent 18-20 > Trent 20-22: I see the same ability on the ball, but worse work ethic for the team, and worse choices of passes/crosses that end up in many ball loses.

Finally,
Yes, he works for Klopp's system, and Klopp has built his system in such a way to augment the abilities of every of his footballers while hiding their weaknesses.
That's why when they play elsewhere, you see different things (look at Winaldum for instance)

But, that doesn't mean whoever (like me) criticized him doesn't have eyes to make observations.
There is an argument there that if you want to counter, you have to do something better than 'he is young, he will only get better'.
The argument is that he doesn't work defensively as much as he should have, and he wastes many balls notwithstanding his ability.

Temptation

First of all, calma!
You are not talking to Liverpool haters, and as far as I am concerned I like Pool the most from EPL teams

Then, the argument that 'he won CL and PL' says little to nothing.
All the members of the team won those titles and all of them played under Klopp.
You may wanna counter that he was starter, that's fine. But there is nothing more to it.
If he is given sporting merit for the titles, it's only because he was a cog in Klopp's wheel like anybody else.

Then, the fact that Klopp defended his player in a press conference, says again nothing.
Yes, that's what Klopp always does and acts as a father to his players, and it's totally legit.
That doesn't mean that the point about his defensive weaknesses is not strong.

Then, 'he can only get better' is wishful thinking at its best.
IMO he has regressed the last couple of years. Trent 18-20 > Trent 20-22: I see the same ability on the ball, but worse work ethic for the team, and worse choices of passes/crosses that end up in many ball loses.

Finally,
Yes, he works for Klopp's system, and Klopp has built his system in such a way to augment the abilities of every of his footballers while hiding their weaknesses.
That's why when they play elsewhere, you see different things (look at Winaldum for instance)

But, that doesn't mean whoever (like me) criticized him doesn't have eyes to make observations.
There is an argument there that if you want to counter, you have to do something better than 'he is young, he will only get better'.
The argument is that he doesn't work defensively as much as he should have, and he wastes many balls notwithstanding his ability.

Bruh what? Trent hasn't regressed at all. He had a rough patch last season just like the entire club. He was back to his normal form towards the back end of the season. He was always going to hit a rough patch at one point like any other footballer.

And anyone who watches Trent regularly will tell you his defending has improved. Does he still need to improve defensively? Ofcourse.

Other areas he has improved is his geberal passing range and using his weak foot. Also great at set pieces.

The wasting a lot of balls is the thing where we have short attackers. Only Jota is good in the air. If you look at his failed crosses, almost all of them are actually good crosses. Just that opposition CB has outperformed Mane and co in the air.

Klopp still asks Trent cross it in because that creates a lot of loose balls for our attackers, gets us corners, etc.

About your Wijnaldum point, no one ever called Wijnaldum a world class player. Everyone said that he was very good for Liverpool. He suited Klopp's system due to his work ethics and him being a very rounded footballer. Gini NEVER got shouts for being among the top class mids of the world.

It's a little different with players like VVD, Trent, Salah, etc who are all simply world class.

Give Trent to Pep or any half decent coach and they'll ask him to attack as much as he can. Becausr he's damn good at it.

And yeah, having VVD, Fabinho sometimes covering up for him defensively is very much the plan. Always has been. We tend to play a super high line at time. And these lads are supposed to sweep it out.

Our other fullback Robertson is very sound defensively and is asked to play more conservatively.

In theory, he's not in his peak yet. So don't just write him off acting like Nostradamus, just because he's so far ahead of the curve at this stage of his career already. Even Man Utd fans who diss Liverpool players will tell you that much.

No hate but this is actually the general consensus on Trent. Its not just me at all.

Last edited:

Rassvet

Trent Alexander-Arnold: "My favourite team besides Liverpool? Would be Barca. I feel they have the same values ​​and beliefs as Liverpool and likes to play players from the academy. I grew up watching Messi and that great Barcelona team with Iniesta and Xavi."

I can't believe he is picking their biggest rivals as his second favorite club. Liverpool fans will be fuming and probably want him sold for this.

It's almost like the notion that Barca, Bayern and Liverpool are the fiercest rivals is just something manufactured by forum de amigos that nobody else is aware of.

Temptation

Trent Alexander-Arnold: "My favourite team besides Liverpool? Would be Barca. I feel they have the same values ​​and beliefs as Liverpool and likes to play players from the academy. I grew up watching Messi and that great Barcelona team with Iniesta and Xavi."

I can't believe he is picking their biggest rivals as his second favorite club. Liverpool fans will be fuming and probably want him sold for this.

It's almost like the notion that Barca, Bayern and Liverpool are the fiercest rivals is just something manufactured by forum de amigos that nobody else is aware of.

Ifkr. Some losers say that me, a Liverpool fan can't like or be a fan of a Bayern player.

It's the weirdest thing I have read on a Football forum.

There are many fans of Premier League teams whose favourite player is Lionel Messi.

My favourite of all time is not even a Liverpool player. His name is Ricardo Kaka.

FinBarcelonafan

FC Barcelona want to sign Trent Alexander-Arnold in 2023. They believe he would complete their team. Barcelona would offer approximately ?80M. [@FutbolTotalCF]

https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1554948195121233920?t=bc4WC9YA6swiqkdDsz0H6A&s=19

At least we aim high

Home of Barca Fans