Trincão

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, Konrad must score a winning goal for Barca or something like that, doesn't he??

Trincao has played nearly 900 minutes this season across competitions with 1st team, Konrad 39 min - yet only one has consistently been dangerous on the pitch

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Trincao has played nearly 900 minutes this season across competitions with 1st team, Konrad 39 min - yet only one has consistently been dangerous on the pitch

Konrad's sample size is too small to make any comparisons with Trincao and Konrad appeared either when the scoreline was already very comfortable with no pressure (Dynamo and Ferencvaros) or against a Segunda B team in Cornella (we were leading 1-0 already as well). The one Konrad has to get a chance to play instead of is Braithwaite given that the latter is deployed as a LW anyway.

Joan

Konrad :lol: come on

Trincao is not as bad as people make him out to be. Comes down to personal preferences, I think. He can dribble, isn't dumb, reads the game well and often finds himself in useful areas. If we're right about him being a confidence dependent player, should improve now.

He might not make it, but he's no Samper or Denis Suarez.

behindbrowneyes

I agree with you. Konrad is much more dangerous than Trincao. 1 goal in 612 minutes in the Segunda B underline how dangerous Konrad is and that he really needs to be promoted to the first team.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Do you think 39 minutes is enough to make a claim like that???

I think 900 minutes is pretty small sample size but enough to see he adds little. 39 minutes is barely nothing yet he consistently shows he merits more than what Trincao has been gifted. One we spent 30M on, the other is a cantera player - we are supposed to be a club that is founded on integrating our youth players

I'm interested in the team doing well, I see it better with Konrad than Trincao. Maybe in a year or two that won't be the case but right now? Konrad >> Trincao

JamDav1982

Konrad has not even looked all that great at B team bar in flashes which is levels below.

From what both have shown in career there is no chance anyone can claim Konrad is better. It is not even close at moment.

'Maybe in a year or two' would apply to Konrad being the better player not other way round.

soul24rage

With Trincao having shown some good stuff for the past few games, I'm interested of how he develops.

That said, I still think it's a good idea to have Konrad on the bench who can provide some pace against tired opposition.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I think 900 minutes is pretty small sample size but enough to see he adds little. 39 minutes is barely nothing yet he consistently shows he merits more than what Trincao has been gifted. One we spent 30M on, the other is a cantera player - we are supposed to be a club that is founded on integrating our youth players

I'm interested in the team doing well, I see it better with Konrad than Trincao. Maybe in a year or two that won't be the case but right now? Konrad >> Trincao

You are extremely deluded is all I can say.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
From a self professed CR fanboy, your level of reasoning is consistent

Silly ad hominem attack, we're talking about Konrad and Trincao and you had to make it about CR didn't you? :lol: the obsession is real.

The "self-professed CR fanboy" thing I have is a remnant of a joke born as a result of a series of arguments with goatverde entrenador or whatever his nickname was and other Messi fanboys in the CR and Messi threads. He would accuse me of being a "closet CR fanboy." I like Messi more as a player and think he is better than CR overall.

On the actual debate, read my earlier post again:

Konrad's sample size is too small to make any comparisons with Trincao and Konrad appeared either when the scoreline was already very comfortable with no pressure (Dynamo and Ferencvaros) or against a Segunda B team in Cornella (we were leading 1-0 already as well). The one Konrad has to get a chance to play instead of is Braithwaite given that the latter is deployed as a LW anyway.

Last edited:

vuji_31

Well he should get chance (Konrad).

Trincao was bad 15 games in straight order. Still playing almost every game.

Messi983

My man proving haters wrong. :rockon: Great goal. :worthy:

Hope he'll start against Alaves.

He seems to be good at English.
Anyway, even last season with Bragna, he only exceled since January.

He has played like 100 minutes in a few cameo appearances before Ruben Amorim took over. Hard to "excel" if you don't play.

Ruben Amorim was a great supporter of Trincao. Trincao did still very well if you consider what chaos this club of Braga is. They had 4(!) different coaches in Trincao's last (!) season and got another one right after lol

I think Trincao has lots of potential, but I'm not sure if winger is really his best position. Attacking midfielder might suit him more, but Barca needs wingers.

Yeah, they were a bit of mess but not their fault Amorim left for Sporting.

BTW, I think he's one of the most promising coaches right now and we should keep an eye on him. Don't know if/how he'd fit here but he's doing well with young players.

Also, usual suspects overrating La Masia kids again. :lol: Those same people who probably also think Abel Ruiz (a guy who has scored mighty 9 goals in almost 70 games for Barca B and now doesn't even play for that same Braga team where Trincao has done great last year) should be kept, lol. I'm all for giving our kids a chance but these La Masia cultists are unbearable.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Silly ad hominem attack, we're talking about Konrad and Trincao and you had to make it about CR didn't you? :lol: the obsession is real.

The "self-professed CR fanboy" thing I have is a remnant of a joke born as a result of a series of arguments with goatverde entrenador or whatever his nickname was and other Messi fanboys in the CR and Messi threads. He would accuse me of being a "closet CR fanboy." I like Messi more as a player and think he is better than CR overall.

On the actual debate, read my earlier post again:

Great you know how to spell the term, shame you don't understand what it means considering your original post was actually ad hominem - but as I say, you are consistent with your 'reasoning'

Home of Barca Fans