Trincão

Bobo32

How petty are you yourselves to imply I would go to such lengths to propagate on an anonymous forum for an unknown kid to get playing time? Do you think and behave that way?
I want to see good football. Barcelona played great football between 2008-2012 and it was not only because of Messi or Iniesta or some golden generation. They could've kept Deco, Eto'o, and Ronaldinho, who where great players, certainly greater players than De Jong or Pedri, and they would be nowhere near the domination they acheived.
Apart from that, I think it is obviously good to have more of a local touch, in any team.

Trincao played much better last game, I am positive to see him play more. Maybe LW suits him better than RW?

Joan

Bobo :wave: it was a joke, don't think you'd do that.

Wolfe, though, wasn't talking about more local guys, which is always nice, but about only Catalans playing like Basques in Bilbao. Can't keep the level that way. Due to oscillate.

Take care!

Also that little guy from Fuentealbilla.

My all time favorite player :)

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I hope so I am wrong but this guy is still really bad in my opinion. He scored a lucky goal , and everyone forgot 15 bad matches in a row.
If he didn't score it, he would be still shit.

Anyway, I don't like that he is slow as fuck for winger.

Betis played YOLO second half and there was plenty of space.

Hope so he can deny me , but I doubt. He is one-dimensional slow winger that cuts left and that's all.

15 bad matches in a row isn't really true. He had several good cameos in a row before his great game vs Rayo in the cup. His form is improving.

mc_lovin

15 bad matches in a row isn't really true. He had several good cameos in a row before his great game vs Rayo in the cup. His form is improving.

Dont bother. They (I dont want to limit that to him) made up their minds after a few games and wont change it anymore.

Joan

He looked alright at the beginning, promising. Then had a poor spell and has been good lately.

It's not a disaster some seem to think.

Bobo32

Bobo :wave: it was a joke, don't think you'd do that.

Wolfe, though, wasn't talking about more local guys, which is always nice, but about only Catalans playing like Basques in Bilbao. Can't keep the level that way. Due to oscillate.

Take care!
Sure, I did not think you were as petty. Though I did read your post similarly to these other kids, who made the same joke.
I did not read the discussion very carefully, but I do think Bilbaos approach is nice and that more of that would be good - though that is a different question than Barcelona going for players with their "DNA" or not.

Bobo32

Yeah I am being very off topic sometimes, should better myself.

As posted before, his last game was really good. He looked very competent and 'clear' in his decisions and touches. I quite like his style, but he has much to prove obviously.
Something I noticed very early is his first touch can be extremely good, he has handled some very tough passes from the back in a perfect way.

xXKonan

I'm pretty convinced what Trincao showed at Braga wasn't a fluke but he was clearly the main guy over there in what people would see as a Messi like role where everything ran through him up top.

Over here he has to adapt to a new role as he isn't the main man and he has struggled but it looks like he might finally be turning a corner. But he has a long way to go though if he has any shot at displacing Dembele.

BBZ8800

On one hand, he looks horrible.
On the other hand, he is showing glimpses of a huge talent.

But even skillwise, he is slow, so even if everything clicks perfectly for him, it is still very questionable whether he could ever be a winger for top clubs.

Not to mention that players are usually the fastest from the age 18-24.
So, however slow he is today, he will be even slower in mid and late 20s.

Also, there is another historical Fc Barcelona problem involved, we again bought a nice guy with fragile mental strength.

I have wrote before that CAMs, wingers and attackers are positions where you (as a player) constantly need to be proactive and you need to make things happen.
Some positions like a Gk, Cbs, a pivot or even a controller = are to some extent *submissive* positions where you don't need to be that dominant as a player or as a person.
On the other hand, Cams and a forward line:
= those guys need to have insane confidence and even some cockiness like Ronaldinho, Cr7, Zlatan, Totti, Henry, Neymar, Etoo.
Or pure alien skills like Messi.

If you want to create something and score goals, you need to *create* things out of nowhere, provoke the opponents in a footballing way and try again and again and not losing nerves and confidence.

Majority of all great Cams and attackers through history weren't shy, humble, choirboys with fragile mental strength but sort of street fighters, borderline criminals or just extremely narcistic types like Zlatan and Cr7.

You can spot all of these confident or shy traits: in a playing style, body language, look in the eye, cockiness during a goal celebration, being afraid to verbally fight/curse at someone after tackles, sulking in away matches when you are losing 0:1.
Compare those traits of Ronaldinho, Cr7, Zlatan, Neymar with some of our overly nice, shy and too humble guys.

And then you have Fc Barcelona, who live in a parallel universe, where we are raising and buying generations of choirboys because it worked once in the past (due to a prime Goat Messi and the best generation of midfielders ever, not due to them being choirboys).

Coutinho failed because of a weak mental strength.
Dembele failed due to injuries, low IQ and questionable mental strength.
And now we have Trincao, a guy with some nice footballing skills and some horrible footballing flaws paired with, it seems = pretty weak mental strength.

All in all, he could be a nice squad player, but players of his mental strength will never lead us to CL titles.

But our board and psychologists will figure out that in 2050.

Or probably way later.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
On one hand, he looks horrible.
On the other hand, he is showing glimpses of a huge talent.

But even skillwise, he is slow, so even if everything clicks perfectly for him, it is still very questionable whether he could ever be a winger for top clubs.

Not to mention that players are usually the fastest from the age 18-24.
So, however slow he is today, he will be even slower in mid and late 20s.

Also, there is another historical Fc Barcelona problem involved, we again bought a nice guy with fragile mental strength.

I have wrote before that CAMs, wingers and attackers are positions where you (as a player) constantly need to be proactive and you need to make things happen.
Some positions like a Gk, Cbs, a pivot or even a controller = are to some extent *submissive* positions where you don't need to be that dominant as a player or as a person.
On the other hand, Cams and a forward line:
= those guys need to have insane confidence and even some cockiness like Ronaldinho, Cr7, Zlatan, Totti, Henry, Neymar, Etoo.
Or pure alien skills like Messi.

If you want to create something and score goals, you need to *create* things out of nowhere, provoke the opponents in a footballing way and try again and again and not losing nerves and confidence.

Majority of all great Cams and attackers through history weren't shy, humble, choirboys with fragile mental strength but sort of street fighters, borderline criminals or just extremely narcistic types like Zlatan and Cr7.

You can spot all of these confident or shy traits: in a playing style, body language, look in the eye, cockiness during a goal celebration, being afraid to verbally fight/curse at someone after tackles, sulking in away matches when you are losing 0:1.
Compare those traits of Ronaldinho, Cr7, Zlatan, Neymar with some of our overly nice, shy and too humble guys.

And then you have Fc Barcelona, who live in a parallel universe, where we are raising and buying generations of choirboys because it worked once in the past (due to a prime Goat Messi and the best generation of midfielders ever, not due to them being choirboys).

Coutinho failed because of a weak mental strength.
Dembele failed due to injuries, low IQ and questionable mental strength.
And now we have Trincao, a guy with some nice footballing skills and some horrible footballing flaws paired with, it seems = pretty weak mental strength.

All in all, he could be a nice squad player, but players of his mental strength will never lead us to CL titles.

But our board and psychologists will figure out that in 2050.

Or probably way later.

Dembele's injuries are so far behind him, IQ has improved and mentally he is a different man.

Porque

It is going to take time.

Who remembers how bad Simao Sabrosa was for us, who years later turned into a great player.

On the other hand, first goal and he is balling.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans