v Rayo (A)
v Eibar (H)
v Atl Madrid (A)
v Malaga (H)
v Atl Madrid (H)

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The CL games will take a lot out of an already tired madrid side. If we beat them in the clasico that will deflate them even more.

StarLord

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post again, just a reminder, our ALL matches against Bayern in the history:
1996: 2:2, 1:2
1998: 0:1, 1:2
2009: 4:0, 1:1
2013: 0:4, 0:3

We have 1 win, 2 draws, and 5 defeats in 8 matches.
More or less, we won against Bayern only in Pep's first Season, and that 4:0 victory is our only victory in our history against them, in 8 matches.

Yes, every Season teams are different, but these numbers are at least slightly worrisome.

That stat is beyond meaningless. Bayern had a good history with Real Madrid as well, until they got annihilated 5-0.

Richard.H

The CL games will take a lot out of an already tired madrid side. If we beat them in the clasico that will deflate them even more.

Around what date is the 1st leg of the quarters played? If it's relatively close to Sunday's match then ya you may be right.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I hope Atleti and RM go to extra time at the Bernabeu, just so Godin can knick it at the 120th minute.

Sunny Mir

Ini8 said:
I hope Atleti and RM go to extra time at the Bernabeu, just so Godin can knick it at the 120th minute.
Or a header to equal the scores and go through on away goals in the 93rd min......

footyfan

Calma, calma
Sevilla away, PSG away, Valencia home, PSG home in 1.5 weeks is quite tricky. And there is also a midweek La Liga game the previous week, so not too many options for rest either. By contrast, Madrid have 2 easy home games, Eibar and Malaga while Atleti have 2 away games, Malaga and Depor. Hopefully, they just don't give a fuck about the Liga and concentrate on the CL.

I'm predicting Barca and Madrid to go through, and Barca to drop points in Liga in that stretch. Imperative to win the Clasico in 2 days.

BBZ8800

That stat is beyond meaningless. Bayern had a good history with Real Madrid as well, until they got annihilated 5-0.

That stat doesn't mean that we will always lose against Bayern, or that Real will always lose against Bayern.
But those stats imply that Bayern is historically the club who is causing the damage more often to Real and Barca than any other club in the world.

If you find a club who has caused more troubles to Barca and Real in the last 20 years, I will give you whatever you want.

That is the point.
If stats say that we usually always win in 2 matches against Psg, and that we lost 3 times against Bayern over 2 legs, and won only 1, would you then rather play against Psg or Bayern?

Again, that doesn't have to mean that we will 100% win against Psg, or that we will 100% lose against Bayern, but it does tell that some teams historically suit us better.

Bucky

Penya Member
:facepalm: f'n Sky Sports idiots, thankfully, don't know the guys name - but at least he just shut the main pundit up and is talking sense as he actually covers La Liga.

Home of Barca Fans