UEFA Champions League 2014-15

Antimilan

Only silver lining there, is that Sevilla are in Europe as well, and will be playing on Thursdays.

But that is some nightmarish schedule right there. No two ways about it.

Not before playing Barca in RSP first. The quarterfinals tie will begin on 16th of April and the match against Barca will be on 11th, a lot of time to prepare and rest without EL interfering in-between.

JamDav1982

Tough schedule for Barca but if they can come through it well then it will mean potentially easier schedule during the semi final period. Whereas surely Real have it tougher then - should they progress.

That run of games hammers home how much it would mean to won on Sunday.

StarLord

That stat doesn't mean that we will always lose against Bayern, or that Real will always lose against Bayern.
But those stats imply that Bayern is historically the club who is causing the damage more often to Real and Barca than any other club in the world.

If you find a club who has caused more troubles to Barca and Real in the last 20 years, I will give you whatever you want.

That is the point.
If stats say that we usually always win in 2 matches against Psg, and that we lost 3 times against Bayern over 2 legs, and won only 1, would you then rather play against Psg or Bayern?

Again, that doesn't have to mean that we will 100% win against Psg, or that we will 100% lose against Bayern, but it does tell that some teams historically suit us better.

It all depends on the period in which the teams in question have played. Bayern were lucky to meet Barca/Real mostly during the glory years of Bayern, and the down years of Real/Barca.

If you take things overall, the Big 2 of Spain have a superior European track record to Bayern Munich.

skn02

Yesssssssssss, we avoided Bayern
DBZ, that's really silly??? yess we avoided Bayern???? Who gives a shit about Bayern, they are lucky to keep drawing easy opponents. Are you really that scared of Bayern?????? I would love to face Bayern now than later. Most overrated team in the world right now, they are world class team obviously, but they are not invincible like everyone make them out to be. I'm willing to bet anything against you that Barca will knock out them easily if we face them, you might as well root for them if u fear them so much.

Chainsaw

Killahead
14 April
Club Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid CF
Juventus v AS Monaco FC

15 April
Paris Saint-Germain v FC Barcelona
FC Porto v FC Bayern München

Good, the Madrid derby will be played the other night.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
DBZ, that's really silly??? yess we avoided Bayern???? Who gives a shit about Bayern, they are lucky to keep drawing easy opponents. Are you really that scared of Bayern?????? I would love to face Bayern now than later. Most overrated team in the world right now, they are world class team obviously, but they are not invincible like everyone make them out to be. I'm willing to bet anything against you that Barca will knock out them easily if we face them, you might as well root for them if u fear them so much.

Bayern are the best team along with us right now, I'm glad we avoided them.

Alik

:facepalm:

skn02

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post again, just a reminder, our ALL matches against Bayern in the history:
1996: 2:2, 1:2
1998: 0:1, 1:2
2009: 4:0, 1:1
2013: 0:4, 0:3

We have 1 win, 2 draws, and 5 defeats in 8 matches.
More or less, we won against Bayern only in Pep's first Season, and that 4:0 victory is our only victory in our history against them, in 8 matches.

Yes, every Season teams are different, but these numbers are at least slightly worrisome.

this guy is a bayern fan in disguise or something. Who would prefer to face bayern in the final when anything can happen in a one game grand final which is is berlin, basically a home field for bayern.. If anything I would love barca to face Bayern in the semi if we have to go through them to win the whole thing. 2 Legged tie is much better than just a grand final in their country.

nnao

Wow, this is dumb.

skn02

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post again, just a reminder, our ALL matches against Bayern in the history:
1996: 2:2, 1:2
1998: 0:1, 1:2
2009: 4:0, 1:1
2013: 0:4, 0:3

We have 1 win, 2 draws, and 5 defeats in 8 matches.
More or less, we won against Bayern only in Pep's first Season, and that 4:0 victory is our only victory in our history against them, in 8 matches.

Yes, every Season teams are different, but these numbers are at least slightly worrisome.
WHO CARES in the past, we are in the MESSI ERA, the GOAT. only 2013 was the real loss when messi was only 50% and barca was such a mess.. WE SLAUGHTERED them in 09.

Home of Barca Fans