UEFA Champions League 2014-15

Hamzah

High Definition Member
You want the easiest team possible at each stage because there is a league to fight for. The final is right at the end and if you deserve to be champions you will win that one off game anyway (most of the time).

hardyboy

Dates, first legs:

14 April
Atlético v Real Madrid
Juventus v Monaco
15 April
Paris v Barcelona
Porto v Bayern

Dates, second legs:

21 April
Barcelona v Paris
Bayern v Porto

22 April
Real Madrid v Atlético
Monaco v Juventus

Leo_Messi

Why do we never get an easy draw anymore? It's getting pathetic. I wanted an easy draw badly due to the harsh league schedule at the time of the quarterfinals.

Richard.H

Why do we never get an easy draw anymore? It's getting pathetic. I wanted an easy draw badly due to the harsh league schedule at the time of the quarterfinals.

Verratti+Zlatan are out of the first leg (the away leg). This makes the game much easier for us since they are arguably the two most important players for their attack.

Richard.H

11 April, Sevilla (A)
15 April, PSG (A)
19 April, Valencia (H)
21 April PSG (H)

Will be really tough

Holy crap that is a tough schedule. Insane schedule and not sure how Lucho will rotate the squad. He will definitely need to utilize Bartra, Xavi, Rafinha, and maybe S.Roberto too.

StarLord

11 April, Sevilla (A)
15 April, PSG (A)
19 April, Valencia (H)
21 April PSG (H)

Will be really tough

I wish I could find something positive to say about this, but no, it is impossible. This simply means that we have to win the Clasico, and make sure our players are in peak physical condition, otherwise we are in for a very rough ride in April.

Barca_070

i really do think PSG is better without Ibra, slows down the play so much, makes Cavani play outwide, which means there is no room voor Lavezzi/Pastore/Lucas in the starting eleven.

StarLord

Verratti+Zlatan are out of the first leg (the away leg). This makes the game much easier for us since they are arguably the two most important players for their attack.

When they beat us, it was without Zlatan. We beat them when they had Zlatan on. I am not saying that this fact exhausts the argument, but I think that Zlatan's usefulness in big games, where lots of running and pace is requires is extremely limited. Keep also in mind that PSG eliminated Chelsea when with 10 players and the player missing was Zlatan.

I don't think they can replace Verratti though.

On the other hand, their most dangerous player by far against us, was Lucas in both games.

Ataraxia

Sevilla will also have to face zenit in europe league so it's simple rotation. Barcelona is the easiest team to rotate in in the world probably so I dont think this is much of a problem. It's PSG that should fear rotation especially that they're not doing the best in their league.

Leo_Messi

Yes, I know but PSG will still be a difficult nut to crack without those two. You forgot Aurier who is suspended for the entire tie.

It would have been ideal to have drawn the likes of Porto or Monaco instead. Bloody Bayern and Juve.

Besides PSG are playing better without Ibra IMO. Verratti will be a huge miss though.

Home of Barca Fans