UEFA Champions League 2014-15

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Not just pressing, passing as well (I feel they can tiki-taka better than us these days), so we will likely not have the kind of possession we are used to. I am most worried about our midfield being dominated by them and they easily find Lewandowski and Mueller through the middle or from the wings. Their back line certainly has their own vulnerabilities.

No kidding, there was a lot amiss during the past few weeks in that regard, but during the first half, there were some beautiful plays that reminded me a lot of Pep's Barca (the good years).

footyfan

Calma, calma
Bayern's biggest strength against Barca will again be wing-play. Robben, Alaba, Lahm and Ribery up against Alves and Alba is a total mismatch.

However, I expect the entire front line to be up for it defensively if Barca play Bayern. Watch Messi's performance in the first legs of Man City and PSG and vs Sevilla in the league, he's basically rationing his effort so that he puts in a lot more work defensively when really needed (as compared to last year). Meanwhile, Barca don't need to worry about Suarez and Neymar contributing. The Clasico was certainly an exception to the rule because neither Neymar nor Messi tracked back and that allowed the Madrid full-backs to really hurt Barca. Was that Lucho's explicit instructions, or maybe just the home game effect?

StarLord

It's not an opinion. You claim that not being positive means that a person is not a Barca fan. That makes no sense.

I didn't step over any line. You have no right to imply BarcaGirl is not a BarcaFan.

If you want to know who's right that's fine. Bojan or Flavia should come and see.

OK. Let me give you but one example, just to drive my point home:

There was one member here under the username of: "Heisenberg is cooking" Remember him? I think that everyone would agree that he was extremely negative the whole time. He was at his most active, when the team was not doing well. Once the team started doing better and better, it seems that he has gone awol. Why do you think that is?

By the way, I was not referring to Barcagirl in particular. I have said as much in some other of my posts, that some members in here do not really strike me as genuine Barca fans. It is not only that they are negative, I am very negative on some things as well. But it is their overall tone, their excessive praise for other clubs/leagues/players/managers etc etc etc. Things that you would not really expect from a Barcelona fan!

Moreover, after our 8th consecutive CL victory, after 50 games so far this season in which we have shown the biggest bottle to any club anywhere in Europe by far, after some of our rivals have been lucky with draws, ref decisions, play in easier leagues etc etc etc, you have some Barca fans (alleged or real) whose first comment is: "We are going to lose to Bayern again" or something in that vain.

Is it unreasonable, for me as a Barcelona fan, on a forum named Barcaforum (!) no less, to be surprised negatively by such statements? If you think that what I am saying is unreasonable then I am really sorry.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
OK. Let me give you but one example, just to drive my point home:

There was one member here under the username of: "Heisenberg is cooking" Remember him? I think that everyone would agree that he was extremely negative the whole time. He was at his most active, when the team was not doing well. Once the team started doing better and better, it seems that he has gone awol. Why do you think that is?

By the way, I was not referring to Barcagirl in particular. I have said as much in some other of my posts, that some members in here do not really strike me as genuine Barca fans. It is not only that they are negative, I am very negative on some things as well. But it is their overall tone, their excessive praise for other clubs/leagues/players/managers etc etc etc. Things that you would not really expect from a Barcelona fan!

Moreover, after our 8th consecutive CL victory, after 50 games so far this season in which we have shown the biggest bottle to any club anywhere in Europe by far, after some of our rivals have been lucky with draws, ref decisions, play in easier leagues etc etc etc, you have some Barca fans (alleged or real) whose first comment is: "We are going to lose to Bayern again" or something in that vain.

Is it unreasonable, for me as a Barcelona fan, on a forum named Barcaforum (!) no less, to be surprised negatively by such statements? If you think that what I am saying is unreasonable then I am really sorry.

Her comment was shameful but no need to go into qualifications re who's fan or not.
Let's leave it at that.
Thanx

StarLord

Are you? Because you're certainly acting like you are in this post:

I'm surprised that the level of double standards shown here didn't make the servers crash :lol:

I think that I explained in the post above the reasons for my frustration and maybe slight overreaction.

StarLord

Her comment was shameful but no need to go into qualifications re who's fan or not.
Let's leave it at that.
Thanx

My apologies Bojan. I did not mean to go a bit ballistic there. But I think that you can see the reasons behind my frustration. This is Barcaforum after all. Anyway, apologies again to the members of the forum and to Barcagrl in particular.

Leo_Messi

People should stop kidding themselves here. Both Real Madrid and Bayern München will go through.

Anyway right now we are the best team out there and capable of beating everyone over two legs and in a potential final. At least there will be excitement in all the return legs bar our own unless the team will suffer from a collective blackout.

Now watch Atlético choke horribly tomorrow against a injury ridden RM team.

The absences of Danilo and Sandro proved fatal for FC Porto.

Anyway I think that we can deal with Bayern. Let alone RM or possibly Atlético. Bayern playing against the latter would be an interesting math-up.

StarLord

Now watch Atlético choke horribly tomorrow against a injury ridden RM team.

The absences of Danilo and Sandro proved fatal for FC Porto.

Anyway I think that we can deal with Bayern. Let alone RM or possibly Atlético. Bayern playing against the latter would be an interesting math-up.

bwin.com offer 2.75 for us winning the CL. Bayern are considered slightly ahead of us at 2.65. Maybe it's because they don't have to worry about their league games and can rotate as they see fit.

footyfan

Calma, calma
bwin.com offer 2.75 for us winning the CL. Bayern are considered slightly ahead of us at 2.65. Maybe it's because they don't have to worry about their league games and can rotate as they see fit.

Maybe it's because they think the injured players will return.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I hope Bayern wins then tbh, only because of Robben, bloke is outstanding, after all these years gives 1000%. Great desire & excellent to boot.

and i hate all wingers, Robben is the exception

Home of Barca Fans