UEFA Champions League 2014-15

khaled_a_d

Bayern's biggest strength against Barca will again be wing-play. Robben, Alaba, Lahm and Ribery up against Alves and Alba is a total mismatch.

However, I expect the entire front line to be up for it defensively if Barca play Bayern. Watch Messi's performance in the first legs of Man City and PSG and vs Sevilla in the league, he's basically rationing his effort so that he puts in a lot more work defensively when really needed (as compared to last year). Meanwhile, Barca don't need to worry about Suarez and Neymar contributing. The Clasico was certainly an exception to the rule because neither Neymar nor Messi tracked back and that allowed the Madrid full-backs to really hurt Barca. Was that Lucho's explicit instructions, or maybe just the home game effect?

IIRC Alaba is done for the season

messi2140

6racies Xavi
What about his brother Wooney ?
6a00e552103050883401901c4e6fae970b-320wi

StarLord

Did Porto play an open game from the start, or try and defend the lead, what was there initial aproach

So disappointed Chelsea didn't go through from neutral POV, what a waste of time PSG-Barca has been, it was so obvious too.

From a Barca point of view, Chelsea (especially in such a fashion!) losing, and even more so, Mourinho losing in the CL is the most beautiful thing!

A waste of time for people who wanted Barca to lose, obviously! From our point of view, it was again, beautiful!

And your insinuation here, that Chelsea would have given us a more difficult tie is not only debatable (as well as highly improbable) but completely moot since they were outplayed in both games by PSG and were even humiliated by 10 PSG men for 90 entire minutes.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Chelsea-Barcelona is a great rivalry, it's always a classic, match up of styles & they most certainly wouldn't of got dicked. Wouldn't have been a foregone conclusion.

As soon as that Barcelona-PSG tie came up, disappointed me so much, as i just felt there was only one winner there, added with all of there injuries/suspensions.

StarLord

Chelsea-Barcelona is a great rivalry, it's always a classic, match up of styles & they most certainly wouldn't of got dicked. Wouldn't have been a foregone conclusion.

As soon as that Barcelona-PSG tie came up, disappointed me so much, as i just felt there was only one winner there, added with all of there injuries/suspensions.

The fact the previous ties were so close has no bearing in the present. We could very well have them smashed to pieces within minutes. We did that to Mou several times. People extrapolating from the past and into the future is a very common logical fallacy.

Chelsea have shown in recent years to well short of what is required in Europe. They will have their chances next year of course, with new signings etc...

Since their fluky CL victory in 2012:

2012/13

Lost to both Shaktar and Juventus and were eliminated at the GS from the CL.

2013/14

Lost badly to Atletico in the semi.

2014/15

Lost to ten-man PSG at home. PSG with 10 men for 90 freaking minutes! PSG dominated both legs.

Home of Barca Fans