UEFA Champions League 2014-15

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
It was just a better match up in my opinion

As the draw came, i just thought it wouldn't even be a contest, and it wasn't.

Now as a Barcelona fan i'm sure you're happy as larry which is fine, but there is zero doubt in my mind Mourinho's Chelsea would have made it somewhat interesting.

BerkeleyBernie

:thumbsup:

Remember when i used to own you at soccermanager :neymar:

Da game was rigged, man, I tell you, rigged!!
(you might not recall, but I had Robben as the key forward on my Dinamo team, at the time right before his "comeback," and they actually knocked a point off his rating just after I bought him)

Last edited:

StarLord

It was just a better match up in my opinion

As the draw came, i just thought it wouldn't even be a contest, and it wasn't.

Now as a Barcelona fan i'm sure you're happy as larry which is fine, but there is zero doubt in my mind Mourinho's Chelsea would have made it somewhat interesting.

Maybe they would have, maybe they would have not. My point is that Chelsea were deservedly knocked out of the CL by a ten-man side on their home ground. The same side that we took to the cleaners. The Champions League is about eliminating the best teams in Europe, not about speculating over imaginary/potential match-ups.

alittlebitter

well. that bayern crisis lasted a week.

sadly I don't see atleti going through. There's so much going against madrid (the injury problems, the overwhelming win/draw ratio on atleti's side) that they're bound to have luck on their side this time because madrid are madrid and atleti are atleti.

nnao

well. that bayern crisis lasted a week.

sadly I don't see atleti going through. There's so much going against madrid (the injury problems, the overwhelming win/draw ratio on atleti's side) that they're bound to have luck on their side this time because madrid are madrid and atleti are atleti.

Yeah, Barca's lasted how long? And Madrid's too lmao. People are so ridiculous and shortsighted sometimes.

Richard.H

I hope RM wins so they have a chance of drawing Bayern. I don't see Atletico getting past them and I would like Barca to meet Bayern in the finals. Beating Bayern in Germany would be a bittersweet victory for Messi and Neymar who were full of tears and frustration in the WC.

Richard.H

The fact the previous ties were so close has no bearing in the present. We could very well have them smashed to pieces within minutes. We did that to Mou several times. People extrapolating from the past and into the future is a very common logical fallacy.

Chelsea have shown in recent years to well short of what is required in Europe. They will have their chances next year of course, with new signings etc...

Since their fluky CL victory in 2012:

2012/13

Lost to both Shaktar and Juventus and were eliminated at the GS from the CL.

2013/14

Lost badly to Atletico in the semi.

2014/15

Lost to ten-man PSG at home. PSG with 10 men for 90 freaking minutes! PSG dominated both legs.

I appreciate statistics but Chelsea + Mou is the ultimate kryptonite of Barca. We are talking about the team that is essentially the exact opposite of Barca and a coach that absolutely hates Barca. That combo creates a deadly team to play against.

PSG was always a friendly team to Barca. We are not enemies. They like us, we like them. Our fans get along. There's no bad blood.

malvolio

Bayern looked scary good without their main guys.

Different team at home.

porto looked like amateurs yesterday. it's hard to think that barca, real/atleti or juventus would look the same in the allianz.

i would really enjoy seeing our forwards running at boateng and dante. :popcom::lucho:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
porto looked like amateurs yesterday. it's hard to think that barca, real/atleti or juventus would look the same in the allianz.

i would really enjoy seeing our forwards running at boateng and dante. :popcom::lucho:

Indeed and when Bayern faced tougher opponents this season they had very mixed results - won against City 1-0, but then lost 3-2, won against Wolfsburg once, but then lost 4-1 to them, managed to win cup final against Bayer only after penalties etc. It's actually we who are wining one big game after another.

Home of Barca Fans