UEFA Champions League 2014-15

R

Ryu Hayabusa

seems i didn't say that they lost only because their fullbacks were missing... and you really can't compare the squads of the two teams.

You insinuated it however, at least that's how it looked to me. But maybe I overinterpreted things, happens from time to time. In that case, no hard feelings.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

And since we have already wiped the floor with the Champions of Spain domestically, that sounds very nice indeed!

I wouldn't be so certain that we will be facing the German champions in the final if we do in fact draw The Old Lady. Real Madrid (and even Atletico) are more than capable of ousting them from the continental showpiece. There are no more Portos/Shaktars/Romas left for Bayern to draw anymore.

Because everbody would have LOVED to get Roma as 3rd tier seeded team in their group before the draw... ;)

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Key word being group. There's a reason some say the real Champions League starts after the group stage has ended.

Well, HE chose to include them while neglecting the fact that everybody called Bayern's group the "group of death" right after the draw.

StarLord

Because everbody would have LOVED to get Roma as 3rd tier seeded team in their group before the draw... ;)

I would!

What is it that makes Roma so spectacular as a 3rd tier team anyway? Their line-up belongs to a retirement home if we are being honest.

Dante wont be on the field probably and Boateng is quite a tank when not partnered with Dante.

So the reason why Boateng totally misjudged that ball for J. Martinez was that Dante was somewhere around in the vicinity? Was that the reason also for Boateng getting owned by Ramos in the semis last season?

And if it won't be Dante, it will be Badstuber. Or the human-turtle known as Benatia.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

I would!

What is it that makes Roma so spectacular as a 3rd tier team anyway? Their line-up belongs to a retirement home if we are being honest.

So the reason why Boateng totally misjudged that ball for J. Martinez was that Dante was somewhere around in the vicinity? Was that the reason also for Boateng getting owned by Ramos in the semis last season?

And if it won't be Dante, it will be Badstuber. Or the human-turtle known as Benatia.

It seems to me you know an awful lot about CBs and required qualities. VERY NOT.
Also, it is a completely waste of time to talk to you about Boateng, as you rarely ever see Bayern and think he's mediocre in general, while the overwhelming majority of pundits out there would heavily disagree with you.

And yeah... Rome are so frikking old because they still play Totti. Gervinho, Pjanic, Iturbe etc. also have already one foot in the coffin.

StarLord

It seems to me you know an awful lot about CBs and required qualities. VERY NOT.
Also, it is a completely waste of time to talk to you about Boateng, as you rarely ever see Bayern and think he's mediocre in general, while the overwhelming majority of pundits out there would heavily disagree with you.

And yeah... Rome are so frikking old because they still play Totti. Gervinho, Pjanic, Iturbe etc. also have already one foot in the coffin.

Did I say that he is mediocre in general? No, I said that he is prone to some fuck-ups. He is no Nesta for example. End of. Take it or leave it.

What are you trying to say about Roma then? That they are somehow great? Or more in general, and more to the point, are you denying the claims of many that you have had an easy draw so far? Or that you have zero competition in your league?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Did I say that he is mediocre in general? No, I said that he is prone to some fuck-ups.

In that I even agree. I used to call him "Blunderteng". But this season he has been near perfect in every other ascpect of the CB game and even his blunders have been reduced to very acceptable levels. Though of course, that header in the Porto 1st leg made him look fairly second-rate...

@Rome: Fact is, before the draw everyone considered them to be the strongest 3rd tier team together with Liverpool. You brought it up, not me. It was a stupid example.

Home of Barca Fans