UEFA Champions League 2014-15

StarLord

To say Juve are puny is immensely disrespectful to them.

Have you seen Barca/Real/Bayern play? Now, compare them to JUventus and their results so far in the CL and the way they went past Monaco!

They are the uber-weak link here. No two ways about it.

Morten

Not sure what to make of Bayern, they can look incredible fragile one match, then do a big trashing the next one.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
It's not a matter of whether they should be out already or not.

What is done is done. But still it's disrespectful to go and call a CL semi-finalist who has won its league for 3 (?) seasons in a row a puny team.

Even if Monaco had gone through instead, there would be people calling them a puny team. This would also be disrespectful.

Reminds me of the Arsenal fans on reddit that said "Lads, it's Monaco" before the Round of 16 tie or the Bayern fans that said "It's only Porto."

There's no disrespect, every team of the big 3 is hoping for Juve, therefore they are the weakest of the remaining 4.

Bertus

What is done is done. But still it's disrespectful to go and call a CL semi-finalist who has won its league for 3 (?) seasons in a row a puny team.

Even if Monaco had gone through instead, there would be people calling them a puny team. This would also be disrespectful.

Reminds me of the Arsenal fans on reddit that said "Lads, it's Monaco" before the Round of 16 tie or the Bayern fans that said "It's only Porto."

Juve was crappy, that's all. I spent my time switching between the two games, and Juve was weak. Sorry to say it but even in ligue 1, some teams actually did more to stress Monaco midfield and defense.

Hamzah

High Definition Member

The best one was viva united dismissing Basel a few seasons back

Bertus

They are. But we should, nevertheless, avoid being complacent should we draw them in the semis.

Dunno why.

It's not because Juve, Milan and others were leading the game years if not decades ago that we can't call it when they have crappy performances.

And Juve was awful in these two legs. Based on what I've watched tonight, I give them 1% chance to pass the next round.

StarLord

Rather Real than Bayern, with their matches between Sevilla & Valencia, it would be quite nice for them to tire even more; benefiting us in League & CL.

Precisely! This is what I have been saying all along.

From best to worst:

1. Juventus - Let's cut the BS. By far the weakest side here.

2. Real Madrid - Like us, they have a league to fight for, and games vs Sevilla and Valencia to worry about. Probably slightly better than Bayern, but without Modric, and with tough games coming they will tire no matter what.

3. Bayern Munchen - Very good team and with nothing to worry them domestically. All their players are coming back, and are on the back of 34 domestic training sessions. Let Madrid have them.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Juventus are not good enough, sure they can win. Chelsea won a CL. I think that is enough proof to say any shitty team can win CL, you just need luck. I would be a great fucking disappointment if we lost to them.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Dunno why.

It's not because Juve, Milan and others were leading the game years if not decades ago that we can't call it when they have crappy performances.

And Juve was awful in these two legs. Based on what I've watched tonight, I give them 1% chance to pass the next round.

+1

An upset can always happen, but they lost to freaking parma recently, and what they showed against Monaco was pathetic, the penalty was a fk, and the chiellini hand grab was a red card, they went through for 2 blatant ref mistakes, not because they played well.

Home of Barca Fans