UEFA Champions League 2014-15

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The only "good" thing coming out of tonight's result is that Real Madrid's squad will be stretched thin, playing crucial CL games in the month of May in between relatively tougher league games.

The bad news for us, other than the fact that Real Madrid is in the CL semis, is that we will be facing a relatively well-rested Atletico toward the end of May.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The bad news for us, other than the fact that Real Madrid is in the CL semis, is that we will be facing a relatively well-rested Atletico toward the end of May.

If they're the difference between Real winning the title or us winning the title, Atleti will "throw" the game for us.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If they're the difference between Real winning the title or us winning the title, Atleti will "throw" the game for us.

Highly doubt it, don't think it will ever happen. They might not like Real Madrid but they will try their best to beat us to avenge themselves since we beat them several times this season.

In order to avoid a situation of having equal points with Real Madrid and losing out on the H2H, we must beat Atletico, even a draw might not be good enough.

Morten

Not that i expect it, but if they are still fighting for the 3rd spot by then? Especially if Sevilla is far in the el(which could result in the fourth place dont get cl). Atletico can still set up shop fairly well, but i dont expect them to stop Barca if they are in this kind of form regardless.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Not that i expect it, but if they are still fighting for the 3rd spot by then? Especially if Sevilla is far in the el(which could result in the fourth place dont get cl). Atletico can still set up shop fairly well, but i dont expect them to stop Barca if they are in this kind of form regardless.

Sevilla winning EL has no bearing on the CL spots--there would be 5 Spanish sides in the UCL.

StarLord

Just use your head, it's not difficult.

Barcelona's front three can kill anybody at any given moment, Bayern are next level when they want to be, Madrid aren't anything special, missing Modric, no natural DM, the numbskull Ramos at the back who is guaranteed to present you chances. Juventus played them not long ago, in tight games (Madrid won) but were outplayed in both games.

I know this

because i watched both the games

The Juventus fans want to draw Madrid, that doesn't surprise me even in the slightest, just obvious really.

Well, using my head causes me to wonder why Real Madrid annihilated this very Bayern you claim are on another level whenever they want to be. I mean what happened last season, Bayern were not that interested?

I also wonder how Real beat us 3-1 this season on their own ground (and could have had more)

Using my head, also causes me to wonder why we are ahead of Real Madrid only by two points and have even tougher games ahead than they do.

Using my head, also causes me to pay more attention to those who put their money where their mouths are:

betfair odds:

Barcelona: 2.70

Bayern: 2.90

Real Madrid: 3.00

Juventus: 8.20

So, to those who actually back their opinions with something more than hot air, there is really not very much between Barca/Bayern/Real. I agree. By your logic, it would be a great investment to bet against Real and make lots of money out of it.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
@StarLord

Even following your logic Real is still the favourite draw for Juve since they are 3rd favourite, every betting place gives either Barça or Bayern 1st and the other 2nd, Real madrid are 3rd everywhere, therefore, best draw for the 4th favourite is the 3rd > Real Madrid.

That doesn't mean they would win, at all, just slightly easier than the other 2.

Also, Juve fans wants revenge for their last encounter.

StarLord

@StarLord

Even following your logic Real is still the favourite draw for Juve since they are 3rd favourite, every betting place gives either Barça or Bayern 1st and the other 2nd, Real madrid are 3rd everywhere, therefore, best draw for the 4th favourite is the 3rd > Real Madrid.

That doesn't mean they would win, at all, just slightly easier than the other 2.

Also, Juve fans wants revenge for their last encounter.

The difference is infinitesimal, it really makes little if any difference. But the claim of some was not that Real Madrid may be a slightly better draw for Juve than the other two, the claim was this:

Just use your head, it's not difficult.

Madrid aren't anything special

the numbskull Ramos at the back who is guaranteed to present you chances.

just obvious really.

Expected. It's a team they could beat tbh.

I don't see them causing much trouble to either Barcelona are Bayern, they are too good for them. But anything can happen, this is a football

I especially like the Ramos part:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans