UEFA Champions League 2014-15

gatsu

Against a top form Bayern, all the team needs to run like crazy, we can't afford to have a walking Messi or a sloppy Neymar otherwise we have absolutely no chance, Bayern Pressing will be worse than Valencia and we all saw how we struggle against those kind of team.

Barcadub

9 from the starting 11 from the first leg 4-0 defeat are still with us now.

Motivation will be huge. We are knocking Bayern out.

Morten

im counting on messi, I heard Thomas Müller never lost a Game when messi was involved. Time to break another Record for him

If Barca win, at least i can take comfort in the tears of traitor 1, traitor 2, Ribery and Muller and probably a couple more. I will be cheering for Bayern, but i cant say i like them one bit. Cnuts the lot of them.

likeafire

I called it first, knew this would be the draw. So obvious it is fixed for real to win it. They already in the final, Might as well give them the trophy now as they already sorting out the ref for the final. And give penaldo the ballon dor as he is their chosen one.

As for bayern, you would think pep will know how to stop messi as he knows him well.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Real gets the difficult draw , while Bayern gets the easy one. Bayern's luck doesn't seem to run out. Hopefully barca will play their own game and park the bus , so we won't lose with too many goals , or we can just forfeit both games , so that our players are fully rested to secure the 4th place in la liga. The latter one seems to me to be the best option. Wish Bayern all the luck when they meet either Real or Juventus in the final.

Morten

Real gets the difficult draw , while Bayern gets the easy one. Bayern's luck doesn't seem to run out. Hopefully barca will play their own game and park the bus , so we won't lose with too many goals , or we can just forfeit both games , so that our players are fully rested to secure the 4th place in la liga. The latter one seems to me to be the best option. Wish Bayern all the luck when they meet either Real or Juventus in the final.

wat

Devils

9 from the starting 11 from the first leg 4-0 defeat are still with us now.

Motivation will be huge. We are knocking Bayern out.

I feel the same.

At an club and international level, these Bayern players have caused Barca players so much misery over the past few years.

It just feels like it's time to finally destroy them.

hardyboy

If we want to go through we'd have to dismantle Munchen at home by winning big. If we draw at home it'd be extremely difficult at Allianz Arena..

Leo_Messi

I feel the same.

At an club and international level, these Bayern players have caused Barca players so much misery over the past few years.

Really? We (Spain) defeated Germany with tons of Bayern players in the squad in the UEFA Euro 2008 final and then eliminated them in the semi-final during the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

Also during the 2008-09 season where we defeated Bayern 5-1 in the quarter-finals.

Then there was that embarrassing performance in the semi-finals during the 2012-13 season where we missed tons of players and basically competed without a manager. Of course for players like Messi and Mascherano who lost a World Cup final it will be different.

Anyway regardless of that then I am sure that the team will be fired up and very motivated to qualify for the final. Sport's headline before the draw was that the team hoped to meet Bayern in the semi-finals. Now their wish has come to fruition.

BBZ8800

I feel the same.

In similar cases two things can happen:
1. we can play up to 120% focused because we want a revenge. And eventually win.
2. but also, because some players lost a lot of times against this opponent, if something starts wrong (like losing 0:1 or 0:2), there is a chance of a complete system meltdown (giving up too soon)

For example, try to remember how our team looked without ideas but also without any self belief when we needed a response, in last year's matches against Atletico (we played 5-6 times against them, and players lost a self belief)
Or how we played in the last 10-20 matches in the last Season.
Whenever we conceded a goal, we gave up, we were lost. As if players thought: "We can't make it. I am giving up."

(I know. A different team, a different coach, a different era)

But revenge is a dangerous thing.
And similar matches with 120% of emotions/revenge feelings can easily turn in seconds into either:
1. extremely successful
2. or horribly wrong

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I know we are whining about Real Madrid getting the easiest team but juve are well capable of knocking them out.

No way in hell. Real will easil win this with at least 2 goals on aggregate, but rather three or more.

amircule

Barca are probably slight favorites but who cares. In 2013 they were also favorites even with their injury ridden squad.

No way in hell we were favorites back in 2013 . We struggled against one of the shittiest Milans of all time , and we eliminated PSG on away goals .

Patricho

I don't feel Barca have to revenge themselves for 2013. If anything Bayern revenged themselves for 2009. That 0-4 in Camp Nou was the most humiliating defeat I've had to endure as a Bayern fan. I'd call it quits ;). But that's the danger of revenge, I guess. It never stops. It's a vicious cycle (e.g. as in American History X)

Home of Barca Fans