Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Messi983

Betis sources say it's a 2-year loan.

Even better. So he comes back once the idiot running this club and the polish tractor are both oout.

ajnotkeith

How about we look at this glass half full. In normal finances this is a completely logical move. Buy a prospect early ahead of the rest of Europe, and then loan him out for development. It is just that our media and Xavi leaks made this shit worse than it ever had to be.

He now has a platform to adapt to the league and play in a team that has a similar setup to us. If he has a successful season then we can either bring him back or sell him for more than the Sporting deal. Sporting knew what they were doing.

The only problem with LaLiga is guys like Dovbryk and Sorloth score 20+ goals and only sell for 30m because of BO clauses and overachieving. While in Porkchop Evanilson scores 13 goals in 27 and goes for 37m.

But with Vitor age, Brazil tax, low salary mass and high BO, we may actually benefit hugely from this move.
Not only glass half full but I think this is actually the correct way to look at it.

He's a very young player and it doesn't make sense to instantly sell him after we've spent a season trashing him in the media, as his stock is at its lowest. He clearly has talent and I think he could plausibly score around 13-15 LaLiga goals in a season as a starter.

If anything, the decision to loan him is low risk and possibly massive reward.

Worst case : he flops and we can still probably find a team to pay 20m euros for him.
Best case : he scores 15+ goals (not that unlikely in my opinion) and his value skyrockets.

Selling him now would be the worst business decision in my opinion. I think this is a good decision by the club and we won't regret it.

ajnotkeith

So it’s money down the drain. Shame we couldn’t get anything out of him.

Hoping he doesn’t bomb and we manage to sell in the summer. But I’ve got other more realistic dreams too.
He wasn't a prime age signing from a top league. We signed an 18 year old striker from Brazil. We weren't meant to get anything out of him immediately, whilst we're spoilt with our young players, the vast majority of young players are not like that and aren't ready to be thrown straight into a top side at 18 or 19 years old.

Getting something out of him would be giving him loans and re-evaluating his progress after a couple years. Then if he would perform poorly we would re-evaluate the situation.

But giving him 6 months on the bench and writing him off, saying we haven't got anything out of him is very unfair. His career isn't ending, it's only just started, and he has a huge amount of development in front of him.

Porque

2 year loan so he is off the books for the 2 year FFP LaLiga accounting period.

I'm sure there is a clause to bring him back after a year giving Betis a nominal fee.

#ThingsAreHappening

Messi983

2 year loan so he is off the books for the 2 year FFP LaLiga accounting period.

I'm sure there is a clause to bring him back after a year giving Betis a nominal fee.

#ThingsAreHappening

Hopefully though probably wouldn't make much sense as Lewy will surely play enough this season to get his contract extended and there is no way he'll leave before 2026. And then hopefully a new board will give Vitor a chance after he bangs 15-20 goals for Betis.

Porque

Hopefully though probably wouldn't make much sense as Lewy will surely play enough this season to get his contract extended and there is no way he'll leave before 2026. And then hopefully a new board will give Vitor a chance after he bangs 15-20 goals for Betis.

Cunts shoulda listened to me and signed Marcus Thuram and Kamada ahead of Gundy and Inigo.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

So effectively we've parked 30m worth of goods in Andalusia for 2 years.

Those 30m could have helped us secure the deals on Bergvall ( who looks a perfect Frankie replacement) and Mokio, or maybe even Messinho.

Or we could've picked up a cheap young DMC talent from France like Fofana.

Or we could have used it to register Olmo and keep Faye.

Or that money could have secured Nico.

It's not his fault, but this has been one of the worst and most costly transfers of all time. Compounded by the fact Lewa is now secure till almost age 38. Heads should roll, but they won't.

vuji_31

So effectively we've parked 30m worth of goods in Andalusia for 2 years.

Those 30m could have helped us secure the deals on Bergvall ( who looks a perfect Frankie replacement) and Mokio, or maybe even Messinho.

Or we could've picked up a cheap young DMC talent from France like Fofana.

Or we could have used it to register Olmo and keep Faye.

Or that money could have secured Nico.

It's not his fault, but this has been one of the worst and most costly transfers of all time. Compounded by the fact Lewa is now secure till almost age 38. Heads should roll, but they won't.
Transfer is dissaster.

Deco is idiot. They probably splited money behind scene.

khaled_a_d

They wouldn't, those will ask to be registered and we didn't do that with Roque.

Mokio choose Ajax youth over Barca B because he thought it is better development for him. Not money related.

Andresito

Staff member
Actually good with 2 years as it gives Betis incentive to actually play him and he can develop in peace. Should be able to take a starting spot at CF fairly easy. Put him in a rondo with Isco and Fekir and he might learn something.

Vitor Roque is expected to join Real Betis on a two-year loan deal. Barcelona would have the option of recovering him after one year. @victor_nahe

TheStig

Everything we did with Roque until this point was wrong but a loan for 2 years at Betis seems fine. Will be interesting to follow them, hope he beats Lewa in goals.

Home of Barca Fans