Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

jairzinho

He has talent no doubt but there are parts of his game that need refining. I think he will do well at Betis with time.

Masetro10

Let's just remember some players do better elsewhere because Barca strikers require certain tools. He might drop 15 goals but that still won't necessarily make him a Barca striker anyhow

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I just noticed he's on a 7 year contract lol. Until 2031.

Yeah but even then it could work for the club if they had the right clauses or a backbone. I see both Madrid clubs tie up many of their younger players on long term contracts.

But first, of course, we would need to fix the corrupt money laundering scheme where every few years we buy trash just for some people to line up their pockets.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He has talent no doubt but there are parts of his game that need refining. I think he will do well at Betis with time.
Does he really? Like really really? He just runs in a straight line and inshallah's the ball in the he direction of goal. Can't remember the last time a saw such a raw and untalented 9 in Barca...

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I would have gone to Portugal if I were him.
Me too, even if he sucks it's not like we treated him any good - but having a 7 (?) year contract with us and risking that for a maybe 3-4 year contract with Sporting maybe gave him cold feet...? Maybe he isn't delusional and it's starting to understand that Europe will be tough, hell even starting for Betis will be difficult for him if he continues to play like he has played for us. I hate to be negative, but like others have said - I don't think we'll recover a cent of the 40M we spent :cry:

MontenegrinCuler

The truth is he's been doing wonders in Brazil. And despite people thinking bossing stuff around there is all that easy for a 18 year old, it's not even for a grown ass man. Another truth is that not a single Brazilian (except maybe a number of all time greats, before you come at me) has arrived in Europe immediately adapting to the huge gap between Brazil and Europe in terms of football quality.

What've seen from him so far is nothing short of what we expected. At least for me. He has 2 seasons at Betis now and the best we can do is watch him play and see whether he gets any better as games pass by. Endrick's been utter dogshit for Madrid too but they seem to be patient with him. I can guarantee Estevao will be having a rough time at Chelsea too but they will be waiting for him.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The truth is he's been doing wonders in Brazil. And despite people thinking bossing stuff around there is all that easy for a 18 year old, it's not even for a grown ass man. Another truth is that not a single Brazilian (except maybe a number of all time greats, before you come at me) has arrived in Europe immediately adapting to the huge gap between Brazil and Europe in terms of football quality.

What've seen from him so far is nothing short of what we expected. At least for me. He has 2 seasons at Betis now and the best we can do is watch him play and see whether he gets any better as games pass by. Endrick's been utter dogshit for Madrid too but they seem to be patient with him. I can guarantee Estevao will be having a rough time at Chelsea too but they will be waiting for him.
Except he hasn't been doing wonders in Brazil at all... If only he was bossing in Brazil than I would have SOME hope, but he didn't.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Have to disagree lol, for a 18 year old in an environment where opp defenders would eat your legs to save goal he did pretty well
Nah he did alright, but far far from fetching a 40M transfer and 7 year contract from us. It was a desperate move after RM got Endrick and Vini and Rodrygo before. I didn't watch many games with Roque "live", maybe 5-6 games - but he didn't stand out at all and his YT highlights (on which most players look good) had a lot to wish for. Also, defenders in Brazil don't "eat" legs - they are disorganized af because defense in Brazilian league is a fucking afterthought (which actually is ironic, because they produce a lot of good defenders and not only VERY attacking wide-"defenders" like Cafu, Alves, Marcelo et al). We can simply agree to disagree, but Roque is nowhere near to even be brought to Europe for free - let alone for 40M to fucking Barca ffs!

Porque

In Sporting he would have Gyokeres ahead of him. Meanwhile Betis had their wideman Ruibal lead the line last game. There is Chimy, but if you want to try and make it as 9, then Betis is the path of least resistence. And the path back to Barcelona if that is the kids dream.

Porque

Official: Samu signs for Porto

The Spanish striker will play for the Portuguese side, which has paid 15 million for 50% of his rights. He has signed until 2029.

---

This is the lowball Porkchopo were trying to get out of us. Good we closed it down early.

Shame we gave them Nico though.

Home of Barca Fans