Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

vuji_31

Okay no loss on the books, but bigger gamble if he is proven as shit.

With Gundo and Roque out, we can get Olmo and LW.

Lets hope so we get rid off Lenglet and Fati also.

Porque

Talk was yesterday that they would have a buy option. Let's see what we ended up negotiating.

He is on 3.5m gross here. So well within Betis budget.

EDIT

Vitor Roque would be very close to leaving on loan to Betis, without a purchase option. It would be a pure transfer, until June 2025. Barça would have rejected the option of Sporting de Portugal, since the Barça club wants to continue having control of the player and thus respects the wish of the player, who preferred to go to the Spanish team rather than to the Sporting of Portugal. The Brazilian forward will thus have the minutes that he was not going to have at Barça.

---

Good move for all. Though not necessarily our immediate finances. For those worried he will bomb his market value. It's a possibility, and more proven players like Jovic have flopped.

But you don't scout a player for 18 months, who has been scoring for fun at 16-18 years old to be worried about a loan bombing his value.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
BREAKING: Vitor Roque will JOIN Real Betis on loan, decision made. Betis will cover almost full of his salary.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

He gets a chance to show us.. if hes any good
That sucks, if reports were true about Sporting willing to pay 30M I would much rather take that - because I have a gut feeling he won't show anybody anything, simply because he's not good enough even for mid-table LL. I hope I'm wrong...

TheStig

Looks like he took the deal that Deco didn't want. Good for him, fuck Deco! The only bad thing for him is that he's still under this club's control.

malvolio

That sucks, if reports were true about Sporting willing to pay 30M I would much rather take that - because I have a gut feeling he won't show anybody anything, simply because he's not good enough even for mid-table LL. I hope I'm wrong...
He'll be back in Brazil or Saudi in two years time.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Looks like he took the deal that Deco didn't want. Good for him, fuck Deco! The only bad thing for him is that he's still under this club's control.
Yeah but Deco and the club also have a say in this - they can say take the Sporting deal or be left out of the squad and have your dreams about Europe crushed. I honestly don't a give a fuck about his feelings - sure we shouldn't have bought him to begin with, but he still has a chance to join Sporting and get alright wages in a country he speaks the language and with a track record to develop players and sell them on. We should be firm on this, sell or out of the squad - we don't need more scrubs under contract with us, we need to clean house and Torres + Lenglet should follow.

Joan

So it’s money down the drain. Shame we couldn’t get anything out of him.

Hoping he doesn’t bomb and we manage to sell in the summer. But I’ve got other more realistic dreams too.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Also, if I was Roque - after the treatment he got - I would much rather cut ties with Barca. Another delusional idiot like Torres who thinks he's the bees knees when in reality they suck and will forever suck.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
So it’s money down the drain. Shame we couldn’t get anything out of him.

Hoping he doesn’t bomb and we manage to sell in the summer.
Or we actually don't agree with the loan and only agree to selling him and make it clear to Roque.

Porque

How about we look at this glass half full. In normal finances this is a completely logical move. Buy a prospect early ahead of the rest of Europe, and then loan him out for development. It is just that our media and Xavi leaks made this shit worse than it ever had to be.

He now has a platform to adapt to the league and play in a team that has a similar setup to us. If he has a successful season then we can either bring him back or sell him for more than the Sporting deal. Sporting knew what they were doing.

The only problem with LaLiga is guys like Dovbryk and Sorloth score 20+ goals and only sell for 30m because of BO clauses and overachieving. While in Porkchop Evanilson scores 13 goals in 27 and goes for 37m.

But with Vitor age, Brazil tax, low salary mass and high BO, we may actually benefit hugely from this move.

Home of Barca Fans