Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Even the highlights of this Roque are not impressive (not only me, read the comments). Very average skill player. Aggressive without the ball, that's ok, but otherwise average - no impressive speed, dribbling, technique, passing game - nothing.
I have to agree, will be another bum like Torres - hell, imho even worse.

mc_lovin

He uses his body very well (at 18 that is), which is the great filter for striker talents.

Plus mobility and grit. I don’t think you ever regret signing players like these (opposed to soft guys like Ferran, Coutinho and co).

Porque

Even the highlights of this Roque are not impressive (not only me, read the comments). Very average skill player. Aggressive without the ball, that's ok, but otherwise average - no impressive speed, dribbling, technique, passing game - nothing.

This is the big concern. But he is the best forward of his age group (18-21) coming out of SA right now- for better, worse or alternatives.

I'd say his most impressive traits are his mentality, workrate, strength and shooting power from any position. Doesn't need alot of backlight and can be off balance yet release a cannon on target.

He has things that can take him to the top leagues but not necessarily the skillsets that typically make it at Barca.

It's a risk for sure seeing as he doesn't look like he can effectively play out wide like say for example Nicolas Jackson who has become trendy of late, or even Marcus Thuram.

jamrock

He's a pitbull, with good enough technique, skill & pace to create separation between him & the defender.

If his finish is half decent he's gonna get goals.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

He uses his body very well (at 18 that is), which is the great filter for striker talents.

Plus mobility and grit. I don’t think you ever regret signing players like these (opposed to soft guys like Ferran, Coutinho and co).

Biggest determinant is finishing ability, I think Roque has that.
If Ferran was a good finisher, he would have been a success story here.

vuji_31

Tottaly agree.

ajnotkeith

Spezia in Italy just got relegated, and they have a great striker called Mbala Nzola who they will sell for pennies, no more than a few million.
He is great and could easily be worth 30-40 million with exposure at the right club or if he had played in the Prem.

We should move for him.

mc_lovin

Spezia in Italy just got relegated, and they have a great striker called Mbala Nzola who they will sell for pennies, no more than a few million.
He is great and could easily be worth 30-40 million with exposure at the right club or if he had played in the Prem.

We should move for him.
That's a joke, right?

I mean I just watched a minute or so of him on youtube, but he looks worse technically than Lukaku.

ajnotkeith

That's a joke, right?

I mean I just watched a minute or so of him on youtube, but he looks worse technically than Lukaku.
Probably not technically worse than Lukaku. I would say the two are very similar.

Call him Lukaku but for 1 tenth of his cost and he would accept being bench every game.

Home of Barca Fans