Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

jamrock

Brazilian league football is terrible I don't know how you guys do it, I tried a couple of years ago when it was on I think Goltv, I could never get through a match.

Argentine football is much better

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Brazilian league football is terrible I don't know how you guys do it, I tried a couple of years ago when it was on I think Goltv, I could never get through a match.

I thought I was one of only a few who thought that - it's actually beyond terrible to watch lol. Strange that a nation with arguably the best NT (historically overall) and that produced some of the best and most memorable players have a league that has been and still is so unwatchable, tragic... I tried to watch some talents recommended to me from time to time, but I couldn't stand watching any of the teams more than 10 minutes :ROFLMAO:

abiabi

what? brazil has won the past 5 libertadores comfortably. argentine league is shambles

malvolio

People are comparing him to Depay as if that's some terrible slight on him. I'd take an 18 year old Depay clone for 35m in this market. Depay was not even that bad here and we have seen at Atletico that he isn't a bad player at all when used properly.

Vitor will obviously progress in the next few years and hopefully by the age of 21 he will be Suarez Lite. If that happens, then, given the current market, it would have been a terrific transfer.

What isn't debatable is that Xavi HAS to get this transfer right. His job could be riding on it. His transfers for fees have been almost unanimous failures and if Vitor is another one, there will be no chance of any trophies next season.

Which will mean, Xavi adiós.
Depay is a good player for mediocre teams. Not teams that aspire to win leagues and CLs. We got him for free and he was still wank, so no point in mentioning how Roque is some steal at 35M.

I got the feeling most in here like it in the Europa League.

khaled_a_d

This one shows his off the ball movement, it isn't just a tap in goal.
He faked a movement to inside and then moved behind the defender leaving him blind to where he was.
This is a natural no9/ goal scorer movement. Unlike someone like Depay who was never a 9 to start with but a winger and second striker.
Those details matters.

ajnotkeith

I might have to side with M3ls here.

Admittedly, I only watched those two clips above, but by the looks of it, his technique isn't very good and he covers up a lot of bad actions by using his body to recover the situation. He looks worse technically than the other guys he's playing with/against and that's not great for how much worse that league is than LaLiga.

However, if he has good movement/finishing, it's an equaliser, he will always get goals on that basis - just not sure if it's too applicable here because we do a lot of offense through crosses.

Home of Barca Fans