Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Porque

Another golazo. 30 yard screamer.

Edit.

Another another golazo. This time from 35 yard.

2-0

Edit.

Disallowed by Madrista ref, clearly over the line by 5 metres.

Still 1-0.

Last edited:

Porque

6 goals in 12 games means he has now surpassed last seasons Serie A tally.

I done some digging and this is how the other group of young strikers that moved to Europe young done in their Serie A starts.

Gabriel Jesus
1st (season) - 4 goals in 20
2nd - 13 goals in 26

Gabriel Barbosa
1st - 1 goal in 11
2nd - 8 goals in 31

Joao Pedro
1st - 4 in 24
(Moved to Watford so broke through a year later)

Richarlison
1st - 9 in 24 (Serie B)
2nd - 4 in 28 (Serie A)

Kaio Jorge
1st - 4 in 28
2nd - 1 in 10 (Juve move)

Vitor Roque
1st - 5 in 29

2nd - 6 in 12

Looking at the above, he is statistically scoring in the Gabriel Jesus range and a tier above the rest of the hyped strikers who moved to Europe recently. Ignored Vini and Rodrygo as they played wide.

ajnotkeith

I done some digging and this is how the other group of young strikers that moved to Europe young done in their Serie A starts.

Gabriel Jesus
2nd - 13 goals in 26

Gabriel Barbosa
1st - 1 goal in 11
2nd - 8 goals in 31

Joao Pedro
1st - 4 in 24

Richarlison
1st - 9 in 24 (Serie B)
2nd - 4 in 28 (Serie A)

Kaio Jorge
1st - 4 in 28

Vitor Roque
1st - 5 in 29

2nd - 6 in 12

Looking at the above, he is statistically scoring in the Gabriel Jesus range and a tier above the rest of the hyped strikers who moved to Europe recently. Ignored Vini and Rodrygo as they played wide.
That is really interesting honestly. None scored that many.

But a key caveat should be mentioned that the only one who really succeeded is Gabriel Jesus and he is precisely known for not being much of a goalscorer.

If his numbers are mirroring his and he becomes a similar level goalscorer without the all around game of Jesus that would be a failure.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

But a key caveat should be mentioned that the only one who really succeeded is Gabriel Jesus and he is precisely known for not being much of a goalscorer.

If his numbers are mirroring his and he becomes a similar level goalscorer without the all around game of Jesus that would be a failure.

Jesus is a player who is consistently under performing his xG through the years tbh, which passes the eye test of him being a wasteful player. And while his build up is superior to Roque, he is the inferior athlete.
If Roque is just as wasteful, he will be a failure without a doubt. Finishing needs to translate tbh.

Worth mentioning, Roque second year is at same age of G.Jesus first year too.

Porque

It's a small data point but there are a few indicators of how successful a signing will be in Europe.

-Breaking into the first team at 16/17 and staying there
- x amount of G/A (15 or so)

If you watch the videos then Gabriel Jesus definitely had more to his game (just as Rodrygo and Vini did) and Vitor Roque does look more similar to Gabigol as BusiTheKing pointed out.

So it is good that IF Roque continues on these numbers then he is exceeding Gabigol's numbers (I didn't include his 3rd season, but it was only 10 goals iirc) so it looks like there is a higher chance he succeeds.

I think matching Gabriel Jesus numbers is a good sign, Jesus looked a strong finisher and has everything technically but didn't mentality get it together for City. So I think if Vitor Roque doesn't let the pressure of a big team get to him (and let's face it, were one of the worst clubs in the world to put pressure on a striker) then his numbers would transcend well.

I just saw the Bahia lineup (City Group owned) and Kayky, who Man City bought for 10m is back there on loan. So while they can afford to miss trying to get the players early before they have consistently proven themselves in Brasileirao, it seems our approach to wait it out a little bit and pay 20-40m is smarter after they have consistently proven themselves.

BTW, Endrick last year scored 3 in 7 after he debut in the season tail end, and so far this year is on 3 in 9. So he looks like he will put good numbers justifying Madrid's choice to yet again spend a higher amount but go for a super talent. Only failure was Reinier who I suspect if I go back and view the numbers they won't be that strong, and that Madrid just got a bit overzealous after the Vini and Rodrygo successes.

wisconsincule

Gabriel Jesus
2nd - 13 goals in 26

Gabriel Barbosa
1st - 1 goal in 11
2nd - 8 goals in 31

Joao Pedro
1st - 4 in 24

Richarlison
1st - 9 in 24 (Serie B)
2nd - 4 in 28 (Serie A)

Kaio Jorge
1st - 4 in 28

Vitor Roque
1st - 5 in 29

2nd - 6 in 12

Seeing this makes me feel better about this transfer. If he can be Gabriel Jesus- I would consider the transfer a success

Co0ter

😂 Butt hurt much 😂😂😂.

Nah I've never watch a game nor will I watch any, as I made clear multiple time, big guy.

But what I do know is this, if you say he's gonna be poor, he's gonna be a great signing for us. bank on it.

You should, do something else apart from post here, no one cares about your opinions big guy.
I called you out for talking out of your ass again and all you do is change the subject or make some wack response like "butt hurt much" because you have nothing logical to say.

And bro, all you do is post here. Legit all day, every day haha If anyone needs to chill and take a break from this forum, it's you. Would be alot less rubbish around here as well.

Just another internet troll running his mouth because he gets to hide behind a keyboard. Spewing nonsense then name calls when called out. What a child 🤣

Messigician

😂 Butt hurt much 😂😂😂.

Nah I've never watch a game nor will I watch any, as I made clear multiple time, big guy.

But what I do know is this, if you say he's gonna be poor, he's gonna be a great signing for us. bank on it.

You should, do something else apart from post here, no one cares about your opinions big guy.

Cooter is a veteran

mc_lovin

He's the absolute anti-Depay. Really weird comparison for me.

Depay wants the ball at feet, doesn't really like to battle it out and plays more as a 10. Vitor is always harassing the CBs. Always goes for the physical battle.

Nucky

Too early to say anything for this lad, he is doing well in Brazil but Barca and La Liga are much higher level.. Remember Gabi Barboso years ago? Was a beast in Brazil, but failed miserably in Inter.. He was even linked to Barca back when we still had MSN but later joined Inter and we got Alcacer...

jamrock

I called you out for talking out of your ass again and all you do is change the subject or make some wack response like "butt hurt much" because you have nothing logical to say.

And bro, all you do is post here. Legit all day, every day haha If anyone needs to chill and take a break from this forum, it's you. Would be alot less rubbish around here as well.

Just another internet troll running his mouth because he gets to hide behind a keyboard. Spewing nonsense then name calls when called out. What a child 🤣

Called me out on what? Again I said from day 1, I haven't watched him nor will I because Brazilian football is Terrible.

Oh man you sure called me out & sure showed me, shoooot 😂😂.

What I can guarantee though Is if a couple posters here say he's not impressive/gonna be good for us, you being one of them, the opposite will be true, bet my house on it.

I told you this a while back big guy, and I'll tell you again, when it comes to Football, when you develop a thought in your brain, say the complete opposite out your mouth and you'll do a lot better.

Your understanding of the game, is that if a teenager at most, your opinions fall into 2 categories, Either 1. wrong or 2. obvious for the entire world to see.

So basically they add nothing.

Anyways I don't respect your footballing knowledge enough to give you more than two replies that this is.

Home of Barca Fans