Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Something seriously doesn't add up. Where did all the money (from savings and new earnings) go?

And I really hate it this "calm and serendipity" stupity from the club. They just don't learn.

Debt payments? I don't know.
Also was reported yesterday that they didn't receive installments from a couple of the companies of those levers that are struggling to pay up. Club allowed them to delay those payments until later this year.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I actually think we would have already lost him had he not dug his heels in and wasnt such a staunch cule. There are reports Utd and Chelsea made far superior financial offers to ours last week.

It's a terrible sign for the rest of the window. Let's face it, if we don't sell any players for significant money, we may not be able to afford/register anyone else this window.

khaled_a_d

Yes but I am talking about all the great work Laporta has been hailed to have done, the savings and the revenue etc., still couldn't close out a 35m + 10m deal?

The fax machine is not working? I will personally buy them a fucking fax machine.

Laporta is a "dream big" type of guy, he tries not to just settle.
Normally we aren't able to get 35M + 10M deal done, beside Gundogan and Inigo.
Laporta is gambler, he do it, usually with a tight calculations that depends on factors not 100% on him.
This allows us to improve quality of the squad tbh, but we will long live in registration hardship.

It is annoying as it gets, but honestly it still worked tbh.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Laporta is a "dream big" type of guy, he tries not to just settle.
Normally we aren't able to get 35M + 10M deal done, beside Gundogan and Inigo.
Laporta is gambler, he do it, usually with a tight calculations that depends on factors not 100% on him.
This allows us to improve quality of the squad tbh, but we will long live in registration hardship.

It is annoying as it gets, but honestly it still worked tbh.

It certainly didn't work with Guler, if we were to believe there was a pre-agreement with both the player and Fernebache in place.

We will see if his wild gamble will work this time around. I guess the good news is at least Madrid doesn't want him yet.

I mean how hard is it to send the documents the first installment over?

khaled_a_d

It certainly didn't work with Guler, if we were to believe there was a pre-agreement with both the player and Fernebache in place.

We will see if his wild gamble will work this time around. I guess the good news is at least Madrid doesn't want him yet.

I mean how hard is it to send the documents the first installment over?

It didn't work for Guler, or Wijnaldum, Donnarumma and probably many others we don't know about and others in the future.
But I think you miss the point here.
In our financial situation, we shouldn't even be trying to get Arda or Roqu, but rather settle with a class C transfer. A 5M prospect or something. Real Madrid beats us in finance anyway, they can always make a bigger offer.
This doesn't stop us from trying to go for the best we can get, not the Mpabbe or Gvardiol of the world, but at least the Gundogan's.

Look it this way, in 2021 we could gave just got Luuk de Jong on loan, rather than getting Depay and Garcia. We wouldn't have struggled with registering him and we won't hear struggle to finish a deal type of news.
In summer 2022, we could have skipped the signing of Kounde, and everyone else would gave been registered easily.
This year, we could gave just settles with Tilemens or Soynocu instead of Gundogan and Inigi. Sign some 5M prospect for attack and call it a day.

Also, it isn't about installments, we need to know if he is coming this summer or in Winter, and we need to know that now. This is the main struggle here, just like it was big part with Arda who didn't want to stay another year in Turkey.

PS: Toni Juan Marti is the one pushing the whole Roque news, and he gay been a guy who tried to deny that deal is happening for 6 months. For some reason he has some sort of agenda with this one

Porque

Looks like there's a chance he slips through our fingers too. Club briefing to the press that they trust in their pre-agreement with his club and the player himself, but that it's getting complicated because Athletico-PR are running out of patience.

Maybe the press are nibbling on shit, because it sounds like BS.

Paranaense can't give 24 hour deadlines when an agreement is in place. Because our agreement would come with an end date, so it wouldn't matter if other offers come.

Now if we have nothing in writing or actually agreed, then different story obviously.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It didn't work for Guler, or Wijnaldum, Donnarumma and probably many others we don't know about and others in the future.
But I think you miss the point here.
In our financial situation, we shouldn't even be trying to get Arda or Roqu, but rather settle with a class C transfer. A 5M prospect or something. Real Madrid beats us in finance anyway, they can always make a bigger offer.
This doesn't stop us from trying to go for the best we can get, not the Mpabbe or Gvardiol of the world, but at least the Gundogan's.

Look it this way, in 2021 we could gave just got Luuk de Jong on loan, rather than getting Depay and Garcia. We wouldn't have struggled with registering him and we won't hear struggle to finish a deal type of news.
In summer 2022, we could have skipped the signing of Kounde, and everyone else would gave been registered easily.
This year, we could gave just settles with Tilemens or Soynocu instead of Gundogan and Inigi. Sign some 5M prospect for attack and call it a day.

Also, it isn't about installments, we need to know if he is coming this summer or in Winter, and we need to know that now. This is the main struggle here, just like it was big part with Arda who didn't want to stay another year in Turkey.

PS: Toni Juan Marti is the one pushing the whole Roque news, and he gay been a guy who tried to deny that deal is happening for 6 months. For some reason he has some sort of agenda with this one

I perfectly understand we are not in a position to pursue the likes of Mbappe, Haaland and Gvardiol of the world, it is what it is but I am content with that. But Roque is not like those big ticket players, is he? Finally when we can nail down a player who apparently wants us over other clubs and we are not decisive enough to get it done fast, after what happened to Guler.

I failed to see why the timing of his arrival would pose a problem to get the deal finally done. I mean, worst case scenario he doesn't join us until summer of 2024, big deal. Roque doesn't seem to oppose such an idea (unlike Guler), I am sure AP will have no problem with it either, so what is the problem here, really? Send the documents over, sign the contract, pay the down payment or the first installment and worry about the rest (when we can register him, when he can arrive etc.) later, how hard is it?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Maybe the press are nibbling on shit, because it sounds like BS.

Paranaense can't give 24 hour deadlines when an agreement is in place. Because our agreement would come with an end date, so it wouldn't matter if other offers come.

Now if we have nothing in writing or actually agreed, then different story obviously.

After what happened to Guler, I don't believe in such "agreement" or "pre-agreement" anymore, if we were to believe that we did strike agreement with both parties in his case. Completely useless.

Was that also what happened to Vinicius too, if I am not mistaken? That that was an agreement between him and us?

khaled_a_d

I perfectly understand we are not in a position to pursue the likes of Mbappe, Haaland and Gvardiol of the world, it is what it is but I am content with that. But Roque is not like those big ticket players, is he? Finally when we can nail down a player who apparently wants us over other clubs and we are not decisive enough to get it done fast, after what happened to Guler.

I failed to see why the timing of his arrival would pose a problem to get the deal finally done. I mean, worst case scenario he doesn't join us until summer of 2024, big deal. Roque doesn't seem to oppose such an idea (unlike Guler), I am sure AP will have no problem with it either, so what is the problem here, really? Send the documents over, sign the contract, pay the down payment or the first installment and worry about the rest (when we can register him, when he can arrive etc.) later, how hard is it?

Because it is about package and cap space. Eric Garcia cost less but we struggled to register him 2 years ago because of finances.
Regarding Roque, if we sign him now he is counted against cap space, even with loan his amortization he would count against it.
So now, we have 3 options, sign now, wait till Jan, wait till next summer.
In each situation, once contract is signed then we are officially committed to it.
You sign him now, his 35M is on 6 years amortization starting 2023, we sign him officially for January 2024, we can't suddenly decide he will come in 2023.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Because it is about package and cap space. Eric Garcia cost less but we struggled to register him 2 years ago because of finances.
Regarding Roque, if we sign him now he is counted against cap space, even with loan his amortization he would count against it.
So now, we have 3 options, sign now, wait till Jan, wait till next summer.
In each situation, once contract is signed then we are officially committed to it.
You sign him now, his 35M is on 6 years amortization starting 2023, we sign him officially for January 2024, we can't suddenly decide he will come in 2023.

If we are even entertaining the idea of not signing him until January or even summer 2024, then I guess it is sayonara Roque then. There is no reason for him to wait for us that long, if the interest from other clubs is real.

This club is really in the gutters.

Masetro10

If we are even entertaining the idea of not signing him until January or even summer 2024, then I guess it is sayonara Roque then. There is no reason for him to wait for us that long, if the interest from other clubs is real.

This club is really in the gutters.
Barca should sign this guy and then put a self imposed transfer ban on itself for 2 years. We really need to stop spending money and learn how to increase revenue and get out of this mess. Roque has to be signed nonmatter what.

iniestaGOAT

Needs this done ASAP

If he joins Manchester united, Chelsea or arsenal this window has been a big fat L despite gundogan coming home

Home of Barca Fans