Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

BJJ

I don't even know what to make of this. Whose fault is this?
Is the Brazilian club creating smoke and mirrors so they can sell him to another club for a larger sum? I wouldn't be surprised if PSG or EPL club offered 50 to 60 million for him. That's a run of the mill figure for a player nowadays.

Have Alemany and Deco fucked up? The Guller deal still hadn't been explained. It's not a good look for the club wh8ch 8s struggling big time.

Messi983

This shouldn't have much impact as Barca have already calculated those revenues in their viability plan and the league have accepted it according to reports a few days ago.

Our problems are mostly accountant/on the books rather than lack of money/cash flow.

Biggest constraint is we're still under the 1:4 rule. Roque would cost us around 10m yearly between his amortization (35/5= 7m) and wages (not sure if true but I've read his initial salary would be around 3,5m gross in first year; will surely increase later). But to register him we need to create around 25m of space. And we can't do that without selling players. Which is a problem when nobody wants to leave, lol.

Also neither Gundo nor Inigo were registered yet. Assuming their total wages are around 21m gross (12m Gundo, 9m Inigo -at least that's what I've seen reported, not sure if/how accurate those numbers are) then we'd need another 50m+ of salary cap to register them.

Laporta and his board members already paid around 6m from their own pockets so we could register contracts of Gavi, Araujo, Roberto and Alonso. Not sure if they can do it again for new signings though.

And there is also a pending Balde's renewal which should also be a priority since his contract is expiring next season and we could risk losing him for nothing if we can't register him. Don't expect it to happen but it's a possibility.

Unless we can get back under the 1:1 rule we're fecked. It was said a month ago we're 60m short of that goal. Not sure how much closer we are now but probably not much as nothing really happened since. Cutting costs in basketball section should help but it's only a good 10m of difference. Selling Lenglet and offloading his 12m wages would definitely help but his unamortized costs are still around 10m according to my calculation (which could be wrong) so we wouldn't really benefit much unless can get a solid transfer fee which is unlikely.

Ideally we sell Kessie to SA for 20-30m and maybe Abde to EPL to 10-15m. Those are the only players that I could see being open to leave and have some market value. Can't really wait on likes of Ferran or Ansu to decide to leave when they don't want and in Ferran's case we'd actually have a loss on the books if sold for anything less than 40m which ofc no club in the world not named Barca would pay for him. Well, maybe Lucho would take him to PSG if his daughter wouldn't broke up with his useless ass. He probably doesn't even score outside of the pitch.

Porque

Pre-contracts are legit. It is basically a contract that confirms the actual contract and the dates of that one being made a official.

So all this Paranaense 24 hours because they got bigger offers is media hogwash. Because of there is a pre-contract it will be airtight and cover

-date for actual contract to be agreed by
-break clauses (usually ridiculously high so no one bails)

Etc.

So maybe Paranaense did get an approach and got itchy feet that they can get more than Barca offer (but then wouldn't it have happened sooner, Vitor is not some new talent).

Or (more likely)

After the Guler loss, Catalan rags have found a story that will tickle the anus of the cules.

Porque

Yeah, I am starting to think the club is not just merely having problems with the La Liga FFP (having money but is not allowed to spend it as we wish) but actually is short of money. It is like we are trying to cheapen out on everywhere, on every player we try to sign, on everything we spend on. I understand and support reining in expenses and austerity but are we really in such a bad place cash-wise? It shouldn't be like this, after all the levers, the cost we cut in the wage bill, after the record earnings from Camp Nou and in the commercial sector. Something doesn't add up.

And then there are the inner rumours like Haaland and Bayern saying the club have money.

I'm more concerned that there is no money to pay 5-10m for Oriol Romeu or 10m + bonuses for Fresneda.

Those are paultry transfers and a legitimate concern.

Maybe it's just immediate FFP concerns with transfer exits being at an impasse. After all why were we so close to Arda Guler which suggests next year's transfer signings CAN be signed and agreed.

UNLESS, it is indeed as bad as you say, and it was yet another media circus of Laporta like with Messi, to give the appearance of cash when in reality the plan was always to narrowly "miss out" on Guler to Madrid.

ajnotkeith

Yeah, I am starting to think the club is not just merely having problems with the La Liga FFP (having money but is not allowed to spend it as we wish) but actually is short of money. It is like we are trying to cheapen out on everywhere, on every player we try to sign, on everything we spend on. I understand and support reining in expenses and austerity but are we really in such a bad place cash-wise? It shouldn't be like this, after all the levers, the cost we cut in the wage bill, after the record earnings from Camp Nou and in the commercial sector. Something doesn't add up.
One thing is we signed the new transfers on much bigger contracts than was claimed.

The likes of Kessie and Ferran are still receiving Barto style wages. In another club they would make half of what they do here.

Aside from that, there probably is another elephant in the room, because you're right, it is weird, if we really can't even make these basic signings.

Lever income impact was also a meaningful thing despite people downplaying it.

ajnotkeith

Guler wasn't an appropriate transfer for our current financial situation. Spending 30m on a prospect who wouldn't start for at least a year, and who may never be good enough, isn't a bet we are capable to make when we are struggling like this financially.

Thus I wouldn't say we weren't in for him per se but our offer probably wasn't very serious compared to other ones he got.

Andresito

Staff member
Guler wasn't an appropriate transfer for our current financial situation. Spending 30m on a prospect who wouldn't start for at least a year, and who may never be good enough, isn't a bet we are capable to make when we are struggling like this financially.

Thus I wouldn't say we weren't in for him per se but our offer probably wasn't very serious compared to other ones he got.
But Roque is fine?

He was about to join us. It was only a late Madrid offer that changed his mind. His preference was to leave Turkey and by signing for Madrid he got that chance right away compared to staying a year at Fenerbahce before joining us. That together with a higher financial offer tipped the scale.

ajnotkeith

But Roque is fine?

He was about to join us. It was only a late Madrid offer that changed his mind. His preference was to leave Turkey and by signing for Madrid he got that chance right away compared to staying a year at Fenerbahce before joining us. That together with a higher financial offer tipped the scale.
Roque looks much less like a gamble. We have a way better idea of his floor and ceiling and he would come in to contribute immediately in a position of need that we have to fill. Ie, we had to get a striker anyway, so in that way he's not a gamble but a needed reinforcement.

Guler is way more of a bet and he comes in a position where we have a lot of players and no need. Higher chance of failure.

Porque

Brazilian sources are saying Matheus Franca to Chelsea will be 25m+variables.

The Vitor Roque fee is quite favourable to Paranaense.

The big Q is whats the agenda with MD breaking this story. Early posturing because of lack of finances to complete?

I reckon if for whatever reason we do not sign Roque, that he would go for the same or less than our reported fee.

Home of Barca Fans