Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Jakabor

He is 18 years old who lack game rhythm coming from an injury
I believe that if you have true class, if you’re a true striker in every sense of the word, you will convert at least one of those chances. Even after an injury.

You don’t lose that instinct, that composure after an injury. You might lose some fitness, some ability to interplay and touches. But don’t tell me his atrocious finishing displayed in these two matches (36 minutes in total) is a result of him coming back from injury.

I know it’s harsh. But he will probably be Barca’s Timo Werner - when Werner was at Chelsea.
I’m thinking around 10 goals in 55-60 matches.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

I think it's a great sign he is already getting that many chances. He looks much more active than Lewandowski, has good movement, seems strong and hard working and therefore will probably get a fair number of goals.

Just because he missed the chances now doesn't mean they won't start going in.

Unlike Lewandowski he is getting in the right positions and looks very involved in the team's game and connecting with his teammates.

feggydinho

He hasn't looked good in his brief cameos, but then there's still much time.

It's just that most of our forwards (like Adama, Alexis, Dembele, Raphinha, etc) had good beginnings even though many of them flopped later on.

I feel Vitor would bounce back later on.

delancey

I mean... we were all 18 at one point. :p I always show a ton of patience and guidance to new folks at work, for we were all young at one point. Roque is no exception. If anything, we should offer a ton of patience and allow him to settle in. Dude has just transferred to one of the greatest clubs in the world under one of the worst managers in West Europe. Let us give him patience and time to show what he's made of. Besides, every single one of our players is underperforming right now. He shouldn't be judged so long as Xavi is here.:lol:

BJJ

Yeah, I'd like to see him under a different manager in 2-3 years time. He's young and just arrived. Plus EVERYONE is becoming worse under Xavi. It's the wrong environment. We probably should have loaned him to Dortmund or Girona for a couple of seasons so he can get experience in a lower pressure environment.

feggydinho

I mean... we were all 18 at one point. :p I always show a ton of patience and guidance to new folks at work, for we were all young at one point. Roque is no exception. If anything, we should offer a ton of patience and allow him to settle in. Dude has just transferred to one of the greatest clubs in the world under one of the worst managers in West Europe. Let us give him patience and time to show what he's made of. Besides, every single one of our players is underperforming right now. He shouldn't be judged so long as Xavi is here.:lol:
I won't attribute his bad cameo to the manager, it can be a pressure thing but attributing it to the manager seems false.

What made the cameo bad was his bad touches, inability to control the ball well when backing the defenders, and missing the 1v1 (now I won't put any of this on the manager, I feel Xavi introduced him well tbh by not starting him, in fact he did the same thing for Marc Guiu who scored on his debut)

However, I think what I mentioned above can be due to the pressure of playing for Barca, so should get better with time.

Andresito

Staff member
Always different to be a sub too. He knows he has to show something special in a limited amount of time which can be mentally tough for an 18-year old.

The most important thing is that he's getting into scoring positions, sooner or later he's going to score.

Hope he looks more and more comfortable in the coming week so that Xavi dares to start him against Salamanca. It's a great opportunity for his first start and to grow into the game gradually.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Rasmus Hojlund had played like a walking meme and Utd fans are still supporting him.

Darwin Nunez hasn't been able to hit a cows backside with a banjo for months and Liverpool fans still sing his name the loudest.

Barca fans are already questioning Vitor after playing less than 90 minutes and missing 2 chances.

At this point you have to ask whether the fans deserve any success at all.

delancey

I won't attribute his bad cameo to the manager, it can be a pressure thing but attributing it to the manager seems false.

What made the cameo bad was his bad touches, inability to control the ball well when backing the defenders, and missing the 1v1 (now I won't put any of this on the manager, I feel Xavi introduced him well tbh by not starting him, in fact he did the same thing for Marc Guiu who scored on his debut)

However, I think what I mentioned above can be due to the pressure of playing for Barca, so should get better with time.
Xavi is in charge of implementing tactics that benefit our players’ individual strengths and qualities. Can you name one single Barcelona attacker who you feel confident will score when given an opportunity? This is an interesting question, for every single one of our attackers are underperforming, despite all of them being some of the most talented players in the world, reflected by their total cost (most expensive frontline in La Liga) and our wage bill (6th highest in the world).

Why is it that we have failed to win by 2+ goals since September 19th, 2023? Why is it that Michel at Girona and/or Emery at Aston Villa are able to make their much inferior squads play champagne football while we are stuck in a terrible quagmire under Xavi?

And that is what Roque has joined! Sure, one could attribute his limited performances to nerves and inexperience, and rightfully so, but when the entire team is underperforming and playing terrible football relative to our talent, one must also blame the environment and mentality Xavi has created (due to his inferior tactics or lack thereof).

Also, he’s only 18 yo. Give the guy a break. :lol:

First things first, Xavi out. 😁👍

Messi983

Don't think it's fair to put scoring woes on Xavi.

xG in last 5 league games:

Las Palmas 0.97 - 2.36 Barca (1-2)
Barca 4.05 - 1.40 Almeria (3-2)
Valencia 0.79 -3.16 Barca (1-1)
Barcelona 4.25 - 2.94 Girona (2-4)
Barcelona 3.19 - 1.00 Atletico (1-0)

So we've scored 9 goals from an xG 17.01. And lost 5 points we shouldn't have with a better finishing. Which would put us in a totally different position. As would not concede a late goal in El Clasico where we clearly didn't deserve to lose.

I know this doesn't tell the whole story but I usually blame coaches when we don't create chances. That's clearly not the case lately.

What should Xavi do? Put on his boots and score goals that idiots like Lewy, Felix and Raphinha don't?

Xavi is definitely responsible for signing those guys in first place but not his fault they can't score.

Home of Barca Fans