Wayne Rooney

AURELIUS

yes, its ridiculously high tax for footballers, that's why quite a few players don't want to play in the premier league

It's not ridiculously high. It's the tax rate for high earners. They should pay their fare share of taxes considering they do more than enough to avoid paying taxes offshore.

The low income earners in Britain as it is already pay proportionately more tax than the rich. I'm sure it must be hard living on £90k a week.

Knowing footballer's avarice it may well prove a deterrent to foreign players wanting to play in the EPL compared to La Liga unless the club can afford paying ridiculous wages to offset the tax ie Yaya Toure 220K a week.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I know this is a Barca forum, but WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, in every thread about a good player from a rival club, does some dickhead have to come and say Messi is better? Far out, everybody knows he's the best player right now, no need to come in and screw up threads about other players with Messi sucking, it's getting old.

N

nutnut

Indeed. Messi is unique in just one or a few areas....... Utterly laughable. Being English it is amazing how our press particularly the tabloids love to hype up the players in England as being world beaters when their record on the international level is appalling.

Tevez is just as good as Rooney for instance if not better.

And as for Manchester United winning all those titles. That is partly because the finances suited them and the way Sky structured the Premiership ie no gate receipts for away sides bigger sponsorship deals for the top clubs meant only 3-4 clus could win the title whereas before there was more of a chance for others.

Similar to La Liga in that the new TV deals mean Barca and Real have the upper hand over all the other teams in La Liga now and should win the title each year (something even as a Barca fan that needs looking at ).

Tevez is similar to Rooney in 1 area. You can play Wayne Rooney on the wing like he did when Ronaldo was at United and he'll chip in with 20 or more goals a season and in double figures on assists, that is world class form, can tevez do that? Infact last season i believe is the 1st season Tevez scored 20 or more goals in his career (and he plays centre forward at that).

Rooney can play 2nd striker which is probably his best position like he did when Rudd was at Utd and he'll look on like of the best players in the world = world class, he can play as a centre forward (like he did last season) and score 34 goals in three quaters of a season in English football where it is a lot harder to score, that is world class form - You could even stick Rooney in centre midfield and he'll still look like one of the best players in the world, that's due to the allroundness of his game.

Drogba, Tevez, Villa, Eto'o (players in Rooney's position) cannot do what Rooney does. You only have to look at the last few days, Rooney being in the poor form he's in (he's having problems on and off the pitch though) and he had a choice of any club in the world to go to. How many players in world football have had every club wanting them when they become available? I can't think of 1, that's how good he is.

As i said i'm not a Utd fan, but i'm a football fan and people should recognise his qualitys.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
the key difference between rooney and tevez is you can play rooney as a #9 and he'll play brilliantly as a #9.

when you play tevez as a #9 he runs around all over the place, and you'll often not have a striker in the box because of his positional indiscipline. rooney's vision for a pass is also much greater, especially over distance.

but then tevez balances that out by having an inzaghi-esque "knack" for scoring goals. he just sniffs them out, it's brilliantly illogical.

otherwise they're remarkably even in technique, skill, first-touch (often awful) and work-rate.

AURELIUS

nutnut Tevez has never been a striker as such but a shadow striker a media punta in Argentine parlance whose job is to hoover up odds and ends and link the midfield and other out and out '9'.

Tevez because of his body strength can play as a centre forward albeit the ball needs to be played into him rather than aerially one area which Rooney has an advantage. Otherwise as Metaphysical says they are pretty similar.

Tevez despite not hitting so many goals creates an awful lot and does invaluable work by tiring out defenders and pressuring them into errors. That said while he has been in England he has lost positional discipline evidenced at national team level vis a vis say Aguero who knows his role and does not mess up 'plays' not to mention holding onto the ball for too long and losing it. He compared to his time at Boca has also lost some subtlety in his play and is far more direct.

When at Boca and Corinthians he was more of a cold player in his on the pitch thinking.

dalitis8

Banned
As much as i hate manu more comes into their sucess than luck.

To win any compitition you need a bit of luck along way, lady luck was on Barcelona's side the year they won it when Barcelona beat Cheslea in the semi-final. Chelsea had something like 4 penaltys claims turned down, hit the post, had a shot cleared off the line, Barcelona down to 10 men (should have been 9) and Barcelona went through on away goals by scoring in injury time to get a draw with their only shot on target, it's football.

You are an idiot of heroic proportions.

MoFroBo

I know this is a Barca forum, but WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, in every thread about a good player from a rival club, does some dickhead have to come and say Messi is better? Far out, everybody knows he's the best player right now, no need to come in and screw up threads about other players with Messi sucking, it's getting old.

+1

-Nas-

They are overrated when people refer to them as the 'greatest club in the world or in history'. And everyone saw how they won those 2 CLs. Specially the one against Bayern.

You mean against us! They were incredibly lucky against Bayern but even more so with us.

We had Avram bloody Grant in charge, no proper right back (Playing Essien there instead), hit the post/bar twice in the second half, had a player stupidly sent off before our fifth penalty kick was missed by John Terry, which allowed them to go on to win the trophy.

Disgusts me looking back at it. They fully deserved the cup in 68, but not in 99 nor 08.

If Fersugesn becomes a Sir by stealing a cup then Ancelotti or Guardiola must be God or Zeus at minimum. Man U is the culmination of propaganda in football. If they win something they become like GOd, if other teams win it's just a normal winning.

And If football was 89 minutes I believe they were in the second divison now. Don't really remember a team that has scored as much as goals that Manchester did in the 90 minute or injury times. First they rob Bayern in the final like that, then Chelsea. Terry could only slip right at the most crucial moment to let 'those bloody devuils win the second robbery of CL in a row, so people come now and rub those fake titles at our face as a prrof to the greatness of Manchester!! DUH!! No wonder some say that the history is written by the winners not the deserved!

looooooool, no-one is saying we're the greatest club in history, based on trophies won it has to be Madrid (their haul of European cups being the main reason). Its funny how you all are spouting off that we're lucky to win the '99 and '08 cups, then deny that you were lucky against Chelsea in semis (when you last won it).

Get over it, stop being bitter.

Home of Barca Fans