Wayne Rooney

XaviMessiGirl

Still doubt it will solve anything though, because all the shit he caused after he said he wanted to leave won't sit well ever again with his teammates or fans, I don't think.

desoe

Some of you are not worthy to call yourselves Manchester United supporters( yes, I'm looking at you, Rooney apologists).

That fat scouse cunt has just had your great club and renowned manager over the barrel, publicly humiliated you all by claiming MU isn't ambitious enough for him and he wants out, only to backtrack few days later with a fake PR scripted apology after getting a big pay raise. All that after showing an indifferent form on the pitch for months and putting the club's name through the mud in the wake of his private indiscretions scandal.

There's no moral victory here for the club, even if they managed to avoid the disaster from the business point of view. Rooney just proved to everyone out there that he could do what no one before was able to pull: publicly disrespect MU and SAF and not only get away with it, but get rewarded in the end. Rooney demonstrated that no matter how much of an ungrateful cunt he is as a person, as a player he's so valuable to the current United side, they simply couldn't afford to stick to the principles and boot his fat ass out for fear of immediate consequences in terms of weakening the squad and losing their best player for peanuts.

Times do change. There's no way Fergie would have swallowed that in the past. Remember the boot flying at Beckham's head, Keane and RVN being shown the door when forgetting their place, etc? A couple of days ago when the news just broke many here said "no player is bigger than the club, jog off, United forever,etc etc." Well, Rooney just proved you all wrong, which to me represents a sad state of affairs in modern professional sport.

Ian Holloway, who's being made to look foolish now with his outburst, at least had the balls to tell it like it is without sugarcoating the truth. That's a man of integrity for you, deserves respect for his honesty.

fire.

MoFroBo

Best choice for him and a club, was so wrong to start this speculation. A total pussy player, now please none dear to say "Roo is the best" even if he scores dozens of goals :D

mourinho will be glad he's staying, strange for him to take a u-turn so quickly though, what could of possibly made him change his mind in that short time?

N

nutnut

Knew he would stay at the scum, top player though when he's on form, probably the best in the world at what he does, a complete footballer for me.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Have you ever thought about going into politics? :lol: As much as your opinion is usually among the most thoughtful on the forum but even when it's clearly driven by emotion more than intellect you always manage to spin it a lot more eloquently than Gio or Jatin or whathaveyou. I think you are wasting your talent here!

athankya both, gentlemen.

maybe I should go into politics. hrm.

The more I hear from both sides the more I struggle to see this as anything but Rooney making Manchester Utd and the football world in general his bitch. I hope the future proves me wrong but if people act like this never happened it gives football players an even greater green light to bitch their way into more money. It's always been close but football players might have just surpassed NBA and MLB players as the most entitled athletes on the planet, all thanks to a hooker loving chav.

with free agency being what it is, I don't think it's possible to be more entitled than an american sportsman. especially MLB players where, really, if you're not a pitcher or a catcher, you're not doing anything that phenomenal.

although joe johnson signed a $120m contract a few months ago. I dunno if that's entitlement or what, but it has to be the most horribly unjustified contract in sports?

*shudder*

mourinho will be glad he's staying, strange for him to take a u-turn so quickly though, what could of possibly made him change his mind in that short time?

a bit of a pay-rise, assurances the squad will be rebuilt, and tbh it wouldn't surprise me if the special one put a call in to say "look man, don't worry, I'll be over when the old man retires."

Guys, he was really pulling our legs, wasn't he? :hmmm:

Just today, I've read that Fernando Torres is becoming close to Barca !

But after all, I seriously believe that Llorente is the best option. :blush:

AURELIUS

With many people in Britain and indeed Europe tightening their belts he gets an enormous pay rise no doubt through the machinations of his agent Paul Stretford.

Agents are a curse on football but many players are not much better and Rooney is a spectacular example particularly within England of the chav footballer.

We are lucky to steer well clear of him as he'd find it hard to speak Catalan seeing as he struggles to speak English and I doubt he'd much care for the works of Miro over a redtop tabloid and plate of chips.

I have little doubt though that he'll be sold next summer. The amount of ruckus he has caused may well have a negative effect within the dressing room as knowing the modern day footballer others will be knocking on the managers door whining for commensurate pay increases.

10Messi10

True Barcelonista
So supposedly Gayne Pooney is on 250k a week?

The Sun and the Daily Mirror both report that the striker's new deal is worth £250,000 a week including bonuses and image rights - equivalent to £65 million over five years.
Rooney, who turns 25 on Sunday, now earns over £30,000 a week more than former team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid, the next best-paid player in the world, .

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/23102010/58/premier-league-rooney-deal-worth-65-million.html

Chainsaw

Killahead
Good to see that he's staying. He can rot there as long as i care. And Manchester United doesn't stop getting attentions even with the most cheesy ways. They are and they will be the most overrated team and the greatest cup pirates in the history of football.

Home of Barca Fans