Wayne Rooney

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
you can honestly tell yourself you believe rooney (15 goles this season) is better then cristiano (like fifty something) and that is just stats.. I dont get it man. .he is just a regular player.. he scored on us yesterday yes but what else?? not much...

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
you can honestly tell yourself you believe rooney (15 goles this season) is better then cristiano (like fifty something) and that is just stats.. I dont get it man. .he is just a regular player.. he scored on us yesterday yes but what else?? not much...

If you go on goals Ronaldo is also better than Xavi.

Rooney does, always has and always will contribute about 300x more to his team thn Ronaldo does, Not taking anythng away rom Ronnie but I know who id pick.

Messi10

Rooney is world class! But please tell your fans and ur English media to stop comparing him to messi! And nope rooney not in the top 4 players in the world. 1. Messi 2. Xavi 3. Iniesta I don't care about the rest! And yes he overrated due to your media comparing him with a 23 year old greatest player ever messi!

dalitis8

Banned

He is much more than a regular player, but far below CR.

CR is faster, infinitely superior in the air, has a better shot and so on and so forth. Rooney may be a better passer though.

dalitis8

Banned

He is much more than a regular player, but far below CR.

CR is faster, infinitely superior in the air, has a better shot and so on and so forth. Rooney may be a better passer though.

Best players in the world:

1.Messi
2.Ronaldo
3.Iniesta
4.Xavi
5.Rooney (maybe)

Marc

messi, xavi, iniesta, pique
PERIOD
tumblr_llbgxkjtjO1qb2r1z.gif

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
There is as much chance of Wayne Rooney being a world class footballer as there is of me fucking Pippa Middleton. I.E. NONE!

Trequartista

The good
Rooney is a world class footballer
No Doubt about that,tell me who is better than him as either number ten or nine?
Better than Ronaldo?Completely different players but still the argument is funny,every team in the world will choose the same player
One can argue about United's team being better with or Without Ronaldo though

Unbiased United

There is as much chance of Wayne Rooney being a world class footballer as there is of me fucking Pippa Middleton. I.E. NONE!

Your opinion means zilch, when you are clearly one of the most anti-United people I have seen. He is ten times better than ANY player in your team.

What people who discredit Rooney don't understand is that if you actually watched him week after week you would see how important he is to us. He's our best player and quite literally the heartbeat of our team. Is he the best in the world...obviously not with Messi around. Would I swap him for anyone...no one at all. He is integrated into our team to such an extent that if he doesn't play well quite often we dont.

He might not score anywhere near as much as Messi or CR, but its everything else that makes in a totally world class player. His work rate, he's almost as good a defender as our actual defenders. He's the strongest player Iv'e ever seen. He's quick, has an amazing range of passing (short or long) and has fantastic vision. Not all things that are easily spotted if you only see the occasional game or highlights. But if you watch United often you can't help but be amazed by him.

When the likes of Messi and other top players, plus a wide range of respected managers and sports writers all rave about rooney...i tend not to care if a 'death to United' Liverpool fan dislikes him.

soarq

I think he's arguably the only player that would fit Barcelona perfectly, and could make the team even stronger. Top lad.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Rooney is a better player than Cristiano.

Cristiano is a better goalscorer than Rooney.

it's worth noting that Rooney has twice guided his team further than Cristiano's since the two seperated. and despite having the worst apertura in his career, brought the pain with a fantastic clausura that lifted United right off the floor and to a league Title & CL final. they only got knocked out of the FA Cup coz he didn't play in the semi (banned for saying "fuck" on camera) and his replacement, Berbatov, missed two sitters.

and last night, finally playing in his preferred position (rather than out wide to accommodate Cristiano), he delivered a performance that dwarfs anything Cristiano has managed in a CL Final.

Is that the guy from Curb Your Enthusiasm?

:lol:

Home of Barca Fans