Wayne Rooney

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
To be honest Rooney is underrated here as much as he is overrated in England...

Agreed, he is the best forward in EPL by a country mile (not gonna compare him to midfielders like Silva and Mata, that's stupid). But still even if he plays consistently over the course of the season, he's not comparable to Messi.

Barcafan 2304

Let's take Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi and Iniesta out... Who is better than Rooney? And be reasonable. Don't put 'Luis'.

Technically, Silva, Mata and Nani, i really rate Nani, think he has a hell of a lot in his locker. I also think Aguero could be a bigger hit than Rooney. look, not expecting people agree with me but since you asked, there you go.

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Technically, Silva, Mata and Nani, i really rate Nani, think he has a hell of a lot in his locker. I also think Aguero could be a bigger hit than Rooney. look, not expecting people agree with me but since you asked, there you go.

I don't agree with Mata and Silva... but it's your opinion. Lol.

The white Pele!

Barcafan 2304

I don't agree with Mata and Silva... but it's your opinion. Lol.

The white Pele!

Don't agree with that.....but it's your opinion lol. Seriously, got no problem with that, can only call it as i see it and give a personal opinion. People welcome disagree. It's only when things become personal and insults fly around (which sadly happens here at times) that it cheeses me off.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Not underrating him, he is good but nonsense to say he is up there with the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta etc.

no one's as good as Messi, Xavi or Iniesta.

(except maybe Cesc teehee)

and anyone who tries to place Rooney on Messi's level is fucking retarded and should be slapped with a wet haddock.

but you can compare him to Cristiano. definitely. not before, but since he's starting playing regularly as a #10, most definitely.

he exhibits a greater influence over games than Cristiano does. and while he's nowhere near the goalscorer that Cristiano is, he's just as if not more prolific in crunch matches (when not playing 3rd fiddle to Cristiano and Cristiano's ego) and is a greater creator as well.

you'd still favour Cristiano, if only for the batshit insane goalscoring ability, but it's now an even race where before Rooney was way behind.

as for Silva. please. he has more talent, sure, and much more technical ability, and is better-looking and infinitely more likeable, but if he was truly a superior player to Rooney, if he really was that good, he'd be in the Spain First XI. VdB would have found a way to fit him in, and certainly would have drafted him into the side instead of Pedro for the Semi-Final against Germany.

Home of Barca Fans