Wayne Rooney

Barcafan 2304

no one's as good as Messi, Xavi or Iniesta.

(except maybe Cesc teehee)

and anyone who tries to place Rooney on Messi's level is fucking retarded and should be slapped with a wet haddock.

but you can compare him to Cristiano. definitely. not before, but since he's starting playing regularly as a #10, most definitely.

he exhibits a greater influence over games than Cristiano does. and while he's nowhere near the goalscorer that Cristiano is, he's just as if not more prolific in crunch matches (when not playing 3rd fiddle to Cristiano and Cristiano's ego) and is a greater creator as well.

you'd still favour Cristiano, if only for the batshit insane goalscoring ability, but it's now an even race where before Rooney was way behind.

as for Silva. please. he has more talent, sure, and much more technical ability, and is better-looking and infinitely more likeable, but if he was truly a superior player to Rooney, if he really was that good, he'd be in the Spain First XI. VdB would have found a way to fit him in, and certainly would have drafted him into the side instead of Pedro for the Semi-Final against Germany.

Each to their own but Silva is class and will be an important player for Man City and Spain in years to come. Very classy and technically better than Rooney

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Rooney is actually the only English player I wouldn't mind seeing at Barca, he has the work rate and the finishing, but he would cost a kings ransom.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Rooney is actually the only English player I wouldn't mind seeing at Barca, he has the work rate and the finishing, but he would cost a kings ransom.

Just what Barca needs, another forward. We definitely don't have enough of those, I mean hell, we still have some midfielders playing in the midfield and not the defence, for heavens!

X

xaviniesta

Ashley Cole?
not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling-thumb.jpg

dalitis8

Banned
Just what Barca needs, another forward. We definitely don't have enough of those, I mean hell, we still have some midfielders playing in the midfield and not the defence, for heavens!

We only have 4 forwards, and one of them is out for 2 months. The other will soon be 30 and is inconsistent, and the other is Pedrito.

Rooney would fit Barca like the proverbial condom. No doubt about that. Only worry for me would be language, cos' I cannot picture Wayne catching up on Spanish very rapidly.

But Hulk, would be a much more realistic addition.

dalitis8

Banned
Each to their own but Silva is class and will be an important player for Man City and Spain in years to come. Very classy and technically better than Rooney

As much as I love Silva, he cannot be compared to the beast that Rooney is. Rooney is the most complete all around player on the planet. Not the best by any means, I consider Messi, and even CR7 to be ahead of him (comfortably in the case of Leo)

Rooney can shoot, pass, head, run, defend, cross, all in one fell swoop. Silva is a brilliant and artsy creator, but not much more than that.

W

Worms

As much as I love Silva, he cannot be compared to the beast that Rooney is. Rooney is the most complete all around player on the planet. Not the best by any means, I consider Messi, and even CR7 to be ahead of him (comfortably in the case of Leo)

Rooney can shoot, pass, head, run, defend, cross, all in one fell swoop. Silva is a brilliant and artsy creator, but not much more than that.

No he's not he can't dribble and his short passing and through balls leave alot to be desired,inconsistency,see my post about this in the Messi thread for more detail.

And all those things you listed Messi can do but even better in most cases.Plus he can dribble,better passing more intelligent etc

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Rooney is one of the best players in the world but recently I'm feeling like I'm on RedCafe more than BarcaForum.

He's in great form right now but the most complete player in the world? Dear lord.

Home of Barca Fans