Wayne Rooney

N

Nwankwo

World football is not only CL. My god..Wayne Rooney has scored 9 goals, why can't you just give him credit? Saying Rooney has been terrific does not been you think he is better than Messi or Ronaldo or whoever you might prefer. If you help your team get the points they need I don't think it matters against who you score. He can't score against City or Barca if he doesn't play against them. If he chokes in a big game then you can criticize him but for now you just look stupid if you do. Along with Falcao, Aguero, Messi he has been along the best so far this season and has been superb for his team.

soarq

Mr Worms seems to be very far from being a football pundit. He laughed Robbie Fowler who said Rooney took false '9' role to another level, which is actually very true in case of United, as they didn't buy any OM/AM and Rooney does drop extremely deep to run the midfield, pace the game, send long balls and other midfield staff. And he does it very, very intelligently. I believe Worms may suffer for the same disease I've noticed to new Barca supporters or - especially to them - Barca die-hard fanboys. They think there'e no good football outside Barcelona, Messi is greatest footballer ever by a thousand mile, Pedro up there with Pele, Pique is up there with Nesta & Baresi (oh sorry, they probably have no idea who Baresi was) and Abidal is best ever left full-back. And other stupidities. Hello people, there's good football out of Barcelona city!

And this way we get to ridiculous statement that Wayne Rooney has no chance because he scored no goals against decent teams in Premiership, like Cristiano and Messi had played 38 games against monster teams last year in La Liga...

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

Mr Worms seems to be very far from being a football pundit. He laughed Robbie Fowler who said Rooney took false '9' role to another level, which is actually very true in case of United, as they didn't buy any OM/AM and Rooney does drop extremely deep to run the midfield, pace the game, send long balls and other midfield staff. And he does it very, very intelligently. I believe Worms may suffer the same disease I've noticed to new Barca supporters or - especially to them - Barca die-hard fanboys. They think there'e no good football outside Barcelona, Messi is greatest footballer ever by thousand mile, Pedro up there with Pele, Pique is up there with Nesta & Baresi (oh sorry, they probably have no idea who Baresi was) or Abidal is best ever left full-back. And other stupidities. Hello people, there's good football out of Barcelona city!

And this way we get to ridiculous statement that Wayne Rooney has no chance because he scored no goals against decent teams in Premiership, like Cristiano and Messi had played 38 games against monster teams last year in La Liga...

Rooney is class and i agree with much of what you said but what people took exception to is the assertion by Fowler that he is better than Messi. Seriously, he is not! That said, he is a very good player and i agree with your point about some parochial thinking. There is some serious talent outside FC Barcelona!

soarq

Did he really? I think he just said Rooney took it to another level, which is quite true and isn't equivalent to being better. I can't recall it right now, but if he did he was obviously wrong. Anyway, Wayne is really special player, those balls he plays in midfield are often very clever, he sometimes does see the things on the pitch only Xavi and Iniesta do.

dalitis8

Banned
Rooney has been nigh excellent this season, but anyone of his fanboys wishing to compare him with Messi, should wait a bit longer.

Aguero has also been immense in the Prem, as has been David Silva.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Did he really? I think he just said Rooney took it to another level, which is quite true and isn't equivalent to being better. I can't recall it right now, but if he did he was obviously wrong. Anyway, Wayne is really special player, those balls he plays in midfield are often very clever, he sometimes does see the things on the pitch only Xavi and Iniesta do.

He didn't, but he did say that Rooney gets involved in the buildup more than Messi, who basically drifts out of games with some moments of brilliance, which is a load of bullshit really.

Home of Barca Fans