Wayne Rooney

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Villa - 35 Million
Sanchez - 33 Million
Ibra - 40 Million
Fabregas - 29 Million

Yeah, spending means you have no quality :rolleyes:

Of course you spend only when you don't have quality!!

Ibra? We needed an outlet to break the buses.
Villa? An experiment was failed, might not be a sporting failure mind you... so we needed a replacement
Alexis? We need depth. It was painful to watch Villa & Pedro going through a slump period of 2 months each and MEssi getting overburdened
Cesc? Again the depth

None of them won't have come if we already had similar quality in the squad. Except may be Cesc

M

M00se

Wow, that is some terrible points being made there.

This idea that Barcelona players only stand out because of the system is clutching at straws to try and down play their achievments. The fact is the the top managers in the game who know far more about the game than you or I have voted these Barca players as the best in the world.

Its an easy argument for people to cling to as they know Barca players very rarely move on and there is little chance of them being proved wrong.

Aguero and Silva are destroying the defences in England as the defenders there cannot technique and movement. These twoare not even a patch on the likes of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.

Wait a minute are you actually sitting there straight faced, typing away telling me La Liga defences are better than the Premier Leagues?

Messi & Ronaldo score in more goals than they play, then players like Villa/Higuain will chip in with 30 goals and then Fabregas/Pedro type players 20+ and then Xavi/Iniesta 15 or so – The season in Barcelona’s Champions league win in Rome, all 3 of Barcelona’s strikers scored 30+ then you look at Barcelona’s and Madrid’s silly goal ratio’s averaging 3 to 4 goals per game.

La Liga is predictable as they come and the reason it’s predictable is bar Madrid and Barcelona the league’s quality is in a sorry state, this is because the power is with Madrid/Barcelona, other teams do not have the means or finances to compete, I’m not just saying that either, it’s all a fact, wasn’t there a strike recently? Don’t Madrid and Barcelona players say they are preparing for El Classico 3 to 4 months before the game actually takes place? That’s how bad it is when Spanish football is waiting for 1 game several months before it actually happens, there’s big games in England every week.

Now all that said I like Spanish football, but to even compare it to the EPL is funny – Try to imagine La Liga without Barcelona and Madrid, terrible isn’t it? Probably even worse than the Portuguese league, now try and imagine EPL without United and Chelsea, not so bad is it?

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Chelsea > Villarreal
Atletico > Liverpool
Valencia > Tottenham

and yes, La liga defenses are better than EPLs. But at the same time the offense is also better. It's overall a better league. If you exclude Barca and Real who are one step above both United and Chelsea, high scoring matches rarely occur unlike EPL.

M

M00se

Chelsea > Villarreal
Atletico > Liverpool
Valencia > Tottenham

and yes, La liga defenses are better than EPLs. But at the same time the offense is also better. It's overall a better league. If you exclude Barca and Real who are one step above both United and Chelsea, high scoring matches rarely occur unlike EPL.

Atletico better than Liverpool :lol:
Valencia better than Tottenham :lol:
Madrid better than United :lol:

This the same Madrid who apart from last season was the first time they made it past the first stage of the knockouts in 7 years whilst United have took part in 3 out of the last 4 champions league finals.

E

estranged

Newly promoted Betis are leading la liga, meanwhile in sunny England Man U are tearing their so called title contenders Arsenal and Chelsea new asshole.

Tsk tsk tsk, terrible EPL, such a 2 horse race ;)

W

woobie

I never said they should but are you trying to tell me there’s no ABE folk here and every single person from Britain have no agendas towards the EPL and English football and are actually here because they are genuine fans of Barcelona and not here because they are the club of choice to get one over EPL clubs and English football? Who are you kidding? :lol:

You only have to take a look at threads on upcoming English talent/this thread to see what I’m talking about and then these same people go in Pedro/Biscuits threads talking them up like they are the dogs bollocks when in reality they are nowhere near the best wingers/DM in their fields, they are just players who fit well in the Barcelona system, stick them in a Liverpool/Juventus shirt and they would be average.

As for your other point about the Premier League’s quality, when you have players like Adeboyor/Bale/Modric/Suraez/Gerrard/Van Der Vaart who play for clubs who don’t even play Champions League football & when every English club for the last 7 years (bar Liverpool 1 season) have made the knockouts stage in the Champions League and when the Premier League as a whole spends more money on players than Spain/Germany/Italy/Holland/France three times over its quality is there for all to see.

Why is it so difficult for you to think that there may be people living in the UK who are, by choice, fans of FC Barcelona (or any club not south of Hadrian's Wall and east of the Severn on your island)?

Upcoming English players haven't impressed me very much tbh in recent tournaments (u19, u21). I suggest that perhaps you may be overrating the quality of these young English players (Wilshere aside, he's clearly quite good). Busquets and Pedro have both won the World Cup and the CL in the space of a year. Indicates to me that they're pretty good.

As for Busquets, I think he's the ideal defensive mid for Barcelona - though I'm not entirely sure he'd be so superbly effective elsewhere. Even so, both English and Italian clubs (off the top of my head) have enquired about him, an English club most recently (City. 40 million offer).

Again, on the quality thing, it's all relative. Maybe I don't rate Adebayor or Van Der Vaart. Maybe I think Gerrard is past his sell-by date. Maybe I think Bale was a one-season wonder who won't be nearly as effective this year now that people have figured out how to counter his runs. Maybe I think English league football as a rule is dull (which is actually the case with me. I often doze off when I watch EPL games -- sorry to the epl fans here, it's just not my thing and is not intended as a criticism). And the knockout round stat is quoted quite frequently, but that to me isn't the surest indicator of 'best league' when teams from other countries have actually won the tournament (and the UEFA Cup) and players from other leagues have won 'best player'. So it's all really quite subjective as to which league a person thinks is best, and it's not an argument I'm interested in continuing.

Barcafan 2304

This the same Madrid who apart from last season was the first time they made it past the first stage of the knockouts in 7 years whilst United have took part in 3 out of the last 4 champions league finals.

They are

catalan force

aguero has been scoring 20+ goals for the past 4-5 seasons or so in la liga and right now he has 8 goals already in his 4-5 matches says a lot about english defenses. so the arguement that coz eto'o henry scored 30+ goals a season so the whole la liga defense is shit is just pointless. the level of our play that season was so that they were able to score so many goals...and u saying that xavi-iniesta gets 15 goals a season?? really?? wish they were scoring so many..iniesta's best scoring season is the last one with just 10-11 as far as i remember..i request you to better get your facts straight before u jump in.

M

M00se

What happened when they met in the Europa league final last year? :)

United better than Madrid? Unfortunately not true.

Oh that year when Chelsea battered them 5-1 in the Champions League, that same year they went out of the Champions League, the same year they only beat Liverpool on goal difference, not being able to get out of their own half for large parts, that same year they beat EPL lower half Premier League team Fulham in extra time when Fulham battered them :lol:

Even so not quite the same Atletico is it and Liverpool have improved 2 fold.

Last edited:

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt

And it's the same United who never faced a strong opponent in the last 2 finals in the playoffs.
Valencia is much better than Tottenham, Tottenham sucks. Shame Tottenham wasen't in CL so they could play because EMery would tittyfuck Redknapps mother with all that spac they leave behind when they attack.
How does the "this the same Madrid bullshit" apply for United but not for Atletico?

#whatsupjustin

Arguably 3 of the best 5 Premier League players are Spanish players that were fished from Spanish clubs. Says a bit about the spanish players.

Yugi

is M00se new account of VivaUnited (as he apparently lost all his credibility) ? oh man what a load of bollocks here

catalan force

is M00se new account of VivaUnited (as he apparently lost all his credibility) ? oh man what a load of bollocks here
i was thinking the same or else vivaunited would have already jumped in with comments like say... united>>> madrid or anderson>>busquets...something of that sorts.:lol:

Home of Barca Fans