Wayne Rooney

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Well i'm not really talking about you since you are American, what i'm talking about is English/British people.

It's like your NBA and American's shunning it (for their own reasons) and just following the 2nd best league in another country (whatever that is), it doesn't matter if you or anyone else doesn't like the EPL it is the strongest league in the world.
Are you seriously trying to compare the difference between La Liga and the EPL in quality, to that of the NBA and say, the Spanish or Adriatic league?

Don't quit your day job.

E

estranged

Whilst sometimes Messi isn't always in the game for large parts, what he does on a football pitch is unique and it’s those quality’s which make him standout just as the Maradona’s and Best’s before him, what I don’t like about the Messi hype train is when people say he’s the best player in history – Lets’ have it right, he’s 23 years old, currently plays at a club who are the best in the world (maybe history), a club where I could score 20 goals for since he has the best central midfield pairing behind him (Iniesta and Xavi), let’s see him do it for his country first or another club where he doesn’t have these players behind him and let’s have it right, up to now he’s failed with it – That’s often my doubt with Messi, could he play for any club/league in the world and still be the same Messi? Answer is no, stick Rooney in an England/Peterbrough/Real Madrid or Inter shirt and he would still be the same Rooney, you would be confident with that.

Quite possibly, the most retarded thing I have ever read. You say messi scores so much because of Xaviesta? Do you know who had the most assists in La Liga last season? Take a guess there. Messi was playing like a boss as far back as 06-07 during that period the team was a train wreck and Messi was till running riot and scoring hat tricks againast Capello's Real Madrid without Xaviesta on the pitch. Look at the semi final against Real Madrid last season, Iniesta was out injured, Xavi was great but we faced a hard Mourinho wall for 90 minutes and he could not create anything. Look who settled the game, and the manner in which he settled it. A player like that surely has to be a contender for one the greatest ever players, and as you say, he's only 24.

You could score 20+? :lol: Zlatan Ibrahimovic, easily one of the worlds best didn't manage 20+ league goals for Barca. David Villa the greatest Spanish striker of all time, the guy who pretty much won the world cup and the euro for spain didn't manage 20+ a season, or is it that Xaviesta only plays for Messi? Seriously you're deluded.

And for the record, No, Rooney is not the 2nd best player in the world right now. If you actually believe that you're in for a rude awakening in the champions league, and not by Barca. Mancs are becoming more annoying day by day, didn't think it was possible.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
'Any striker can score loads of goals for Barca' is a myth... The very few golden boot award winners representing Barcelona is a historical example for that

Yugi

this thread is funny as shit, keep it coming guys and saying rooney is 2nd best right now
and ofc, keep on saying messi is not at the level of maradona, pele, di stefano or cruyff... as if they didnt have one of the most influential and best teams behind them when they were playing....
:rofl1:

FiReFTW

1) but don’t even say Messi is an allround better footballer than Rooney, has more quality’s than Rooney on a football pitch and can play in more positions than Rooney because who are you kidding?

lolololololololooololololololololol.

2010/11 stats

Rooney : 16 goals 12 assists

Messi : 53 goals 24 assists

not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling-for-attention.jpg

M

M00se

I don't necessarily think it's the strongest. It's got the best propaganda/publicity/marketing, to be sure. But the strongest? That's debatable.

And why should all English people be automatically expected to like/support their country's league?

I never said they should but are you trying to tell me there’s no ABE folk here and every single person from Britain have no agendas towards the EPL and English football and are actually here because they are genuine fans of Barcelona and not here because they are the club of choice to get one over EPL clubs and English football? Who are you kidding? :lol:

You only have to take a look at threads on upcoming English talent/this thread to see what I’m talking about and then these same people go in Pedro/Biscuits threads talking them up like they are the dogs bollocks when in reality they are nowhere near the best wingers/DM in their fields, they are just players who fit well in the Barcelona system, stick them in a Liverpool/Juventus shirt and they would be average.

As for your other point about the Premier League’s quality, when you have players like Adeboyor/Bale/Modric/Suraez/Gerrard/Van Der Vaart who play for clubs who don’t even play Champions League football & when every English club for the last 7 years (bar Liverpool 1 season) have made the knockouts stage in the Champions League and when the Premier League as a whole spends more money on players than Spain/Germany/Italy/Holland/France three times over its quality is there for all to see.

Pepe Silvia

Rooney is a stud no one is disputing that, but to come out with these preposterous claims and hiding behind obscure footballing terms like "complete footballer" is just ridiculous. Try harder man because no one outside England is believing that Rooney is better than Messi in anything aside from headers. I am an EPL fan too, btw in case you think I have Liga tinted glasses on.

JamDav1982

I never said they should but are you trying to tell me there’s no ABE folk here and every single person from Britain have no agendas towards the EPL and English football and are actually here because they are genuine fans of Barcelona and not here because they are the club of choice to get one over EPL clubs and English football? Who are you kidding? :lol:

You only have to take a look at threads on upcoming English talent/this thread to see what I’m talking about and then these same people go in Pedro/Biscuits threads talking them up like they are the dogs bollocks when in reality they are nowhere near the best wingers/DM in their fields, they are just players who fit well in the Barcelona system, stick them in a Liverpool/Juventus shirt and they would be average.

As for your other point about the Premier League’s quality, when you have players like Adeboyor/Bale/Modric/Suraez/Gerrard/Van Der Vaart who play for clubs who don’t even play Champions League football & when every English club for the last 7 years (bar Liverpool 1 season) have made the knockouts stage in the Champions League and when the Premier League as a whole spends more money on players than Spain/Germany/Italy/Holland/France three times over its quality is there for all to see.

Wow, that is some terrible points being made there.

This idea that Barcelona players only stand out because of the system is clutching at straws to try and down play their achievments. The fact is the the top managers in the game who know far more about the game than you or I have voted these Barca players as the best in the world.

Its an easy argument for people to cling to as they know Barca players very rarely move on and there is little chance of them being proved wrong.

Aguero and Silva are destroying the defences in England as the defenders there cannot technique and movement. These twoare not even a patch on the likes of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.

Home of Barca Fans