Wayne Rooney

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
so I see the thread has degenerated into boobery since my last post.

let's get this badboy back on track:

surely the NBA is futbol as a whole?

Atlantic: La Liga
Southeast: PL
Central: Serie A
Pacific: Bundesliga

etc.

dalitis8

Banned
so I see the thread has degenerated into boobery since my last post.

let's get this badboy back on track:

surely the NBA is futbol as a whole?

Atlantic: La Liga
Southeast: PL
Central: Serie A
Pacific: Bundesliga

etc.

what is it with the basketball analogies? Let's be serious.

Last edited:

Phatroonaldo

People are too much defensive about anything La liga. Relax and ignore the trolls.

You don't know how bad United fans feel at all.

Barca whoop our asses in the final again? - Can't win the CL? - Ok, let's try to downplay Barca anyway we can - Complain about La liga being a 2 horse race......................................................... Forget Sociedad giving more trouble to Barca in a single game than United did in two finals combined.

W

Worms

Rooney is a team player just as he is an headline player.

Rooney will do all the horse work and lay it on a plate for players like Ronaldo to take all the glory, which happened many times in Ronaldo's United years and he's happy to do this, whereas many players would not be. When Rooney is having one of his 'off' games he can still come up with a moment of brilliance and win a football match (like against Chelsea) he's the only player i can think of who can play in several positions and do them all WC, he can also do everything on a football pitch (score brilliant goals, score 30+ goals a season, pick out Xavi/Scholes long like passes, play eye of a needle passes, tackle, tracks back, is all over on a football pitch)

No player in the world is talked about by players & coaches more than Rooney and there's a reason for this, he's fantastic - When he put a transfer request in at United last season during a time, when he had a poor world cup/started off the season in bad form/didn't look fit and had problems off the pitch, every team and coach still wanted him (Madrid/Barcelona included).

Why? He's a players and coaches dream.

If he's so complete why can't he dribble and be consistent for more than a few months ?,he isn't in Messis league at passing either.

He's only once scored over 20 league goals in a season.

Your post is a load of hyperbole bollocks which I expect to read in the Daily Star.

W

Worms

1) As said Rooney is often sacrificed for the team or for other players to flourish (Ronaldo), see United Barcelona game in Rome, Rooney was played as a left winger in that game and was all that season and the season before that and still did a WC job scoring 20+ goals in both, because he was played out of position should we judge him as Rooney playing in his best position or just say respect for doing a job for his team? It’s like judging Messi as a wing-back if he played there, would it be fair to judge Messi at his best in that position? Course it wouldn’t, many players would have a strop if they don’t play in their best position, Rooney doesn’t, that’s one of his main quality’s, the season after Ronaldo left, Rooney played as a main centre forward (never saw the best of his quality’s playing in that position) but he scored 34 goals in three quarters of a season, he can do everything.

2) Dude why are you bringing Messi into this? Both are different players, it’s like comparing Van Basten to Zidane, Messi is unique in what he does and for that reason will always stand out more than Rooney, but don’t even say Messi is an allround better footballer than Rooney, has more quality’s than Rooney on a football pitch and can play in more positions than Rooney because who are you kidding?

3) As said often played out of position, he can though as a proper centre forward and as ability to do so playing as 2nd striker (which probably will this season) and can score 20+ playing out wide along with say 15 assists, is that not a WC return for someone who’s not a wide player?

4) Again who are you kidding, Messi himself talks about Rooney as much as anyone, Pep/Xavi/Jose/Tevez (saying he’s the best he’s played with and he’s played with Messi), list goes on and on – Actually I would go as far to say England don’t truly appreciate how good Rooney is more than the rest of the world do, was the same with Paul Scholes, in this country we appreciate fat Frank/Scotty Parker type players more and then people wonder why we fail.

For the record, Messi is the best player in the world (Ronaldo closey behind him) – Whilst sometimes Messi isn't always in the game for large parts, what he does on a football pitch is unique and it’s those quality’s which make him standout just as the Maradona’s and Best’s before him, what I don’t like about the Messi hype train is when people say he’s the best player in history – Lets’ have it right, he’s 23 years old, currently plays at a club who are the best in the world (maybe history), a club where I could score 20 goals for since he has the best central midfield pairing behind him (Iniesta and Xavi), let’s see him do it for his country first or another club where he doesn’t have these players behind him and let’s have it right, up to now he’s failed with it – That’s often my doubt with Messi, could he play for any club/league in the world and still be the same Messi? Answer is no, stick Rooney in an England/Peterbrough/Real Madrid or Inter shirt and he would still be the same Rooney, you would be confident with that.

Anyway at the moment comparing Messi to Rooney reminds me of the film Troy and Hector and Archillas, both Hector and Archillias are 2 of the best warriors in the world, yet Hector’s battle hardened/self taught skills are no match for Archillas god given skills and in Rooney’s/Messi’s case noone is saying there is.

What I and a lot of people say though is Rooney’s the best allround player in the world, it’s not even debatable because that’s what he is.

:lol: Jesus Christ.

This guy must be trolling?

W

Worms

I never said they should but are you trying to tell me there’s no ABE folk here and every single person from Britain have no agendas towards the EPL and English football and are actually here because they are genuine fans of Barcelona and not here because they are the club of choice to get one over EPL clubs and English football? Who are you kidding? :lol:

You only have to take a look at threads on upcoming English talent/this thread to see what I’m talking about and then these same people go in Pedro/Biscuits threads talking them up like they are the dogs bollocks when in reality they are nowhere near the best wingers/DM in their fields, they are just players who fit well in the Barcelona system, stick them in a Liverpool/Juventus shirt and they would be average.

As for your other point about the Premier League’s quality, when you have players like Adeboyor/Bale/Modric/Suraez/Gerrard/Van Der Vaart who play for clubs who don’t even play Champions League football & when every English club for the last 7 years (bar Liverpool 1 season) have made the knockouts stage in the Champions League and when the Premier League as a whole spends more money on players than Spain/Germany/Italy/Holland/France three times over its quality is there for all to see.

Busquets isn't one of the best DM in the world?

:lol:

This guys a obvious troll.

One last thing before I put you on ignore.

2010/11 stats

Wayne "I can't dribble with a football" Rooney : 16 goals 12 assists

Messi : 53 goals 24 assists

W

Worms

Negrado wouldn't get in the top 2/3 teams.
Perotti wouldn't.
Navas wouldn't
Iker wouldn't.
Let's not overrate the players now.

Modric shits all over Cazorla. I don't know if you knew... but Cazorla is a WINGER.

I stopped reading your jargon after the first sentence tbh.

But let's not be silly.

:lol:

catalan force

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL..

Mata's MUCH better... I've watched Navas this season and he's been average so far. He couldn't get in United's or Citeh's team. FACT. Navas is better than Young.... but would United swap him? NOT A CHANCE. He's been crap for the last 1/2 seasons... what did Navas do last season? He was on the injury table. LOL

Spanish teams don't interest me. I only watch Madrid VS Barcelona.

:worthy:
get well soon.:lol:

Home of Barca Fans