Wayne Rooney

X

xaviniesta

10th September 2011 10:31 PM
Why are you assuming I don't watch Barcelona?
28th August 2011 05:12 PM
"Why would I watch Sergio play for Athletico? I only watch my team.. United:whub:"

this guy is a disgrace of football. i've never seen such an ignorant hypocritical arrogant troll in my life. (thats what media can do to people) i know that, because that's what i have to deal every day here. the television shows ONLY premier league, newspapers talking every day that PL is the best and once a month there's a small article of bacrca a'la 'brilliant barcelona but also divers and cheaters' in the last 10 years they've showed 1 el clasico on TV!

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
No he doesn't. Navas is the superior player.

How many trophies has Ashley Young won again?

I'm not debating that. If you read my comments you will see I put Young's in better form now... so he's better at the moment.

P.s: Why did Dalitis remove his comment?:lol:

Last edited:

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
10th September 2011 10:31 PM
Why are you assuming I don't watch Barcelona?
28th August 2011 05:12 PM
"Why would I watch Sergio play for Athletico? I only watch my team.. United:whub:"

this guy is a disgrace of football. i've never seen such an ignorant hypocritical arrogant troll in my life. (thats what media can do to people) i know that, because that's what i have to deal every day here. the television shows ONLY premier league, newspapers talking every day that PL is the best and once a month there's a small article of bacrca a'la 'brilliant barcelona but also divers and cheaters' in the last 10 years they've showed 1 el clasico on TV!

Stop your inane comments, man.

dalitis8

Banned
I never said they should but are you trying to tell me there’s no ABE folk here and every single person from Britain have no agendas towards the EPL and English football and are actually here because they are genuine fans of Barcelona and not here because they are the club of choice to get one over EPL clubs and English football? Who are you kidding? :lol:

You only have to take a look at threads on upcoming English talent/this thread to see what I’m talking about and then these same people go in Pedro/Biscuits threads talking them up like they are the dogs bollocks when in reality they are nowhere near the best wingers/DM in their fields, they are just players who fit well in the Barcelona system, stick them in a Liverpool/Juventus shirt and they would be average.

As for your other point about the Premier League’s quality, when you have players like Adeboyor/Bale/Modric/Suraez/Gerrard/Van Der Vaart who play for clubs who don’t even play Champions League football & when every English club for the last 7 years (bar Liverpool 1 season) have made the knockouts stage in the Champions League and when the Premier League as a whole spends more money on players than Spain/Germany/Italy/Holland/France three times over its quality is there for all to see.

You have named 5 players that play for 2 teams in order to maintain that the EPL has great players outside the top teams. Both those teams are former top 4 teams (pool and spurs) and one of them will return there this season. But now, let's take the players you have summoned one by one.

Adebayor: Very average player, inconsistent and badly lacking in either intelligence or balance. His technique is shite as well. He is shipped from one club to the next and will soon be playing for some Stoke or whatever. Basically had one good season with Arsenal. That was it.

Van der Vaart: Great bench-warmer for Real Madrid, but was quite excellent for Spurs last season. What does that prove?

Gerrard: The last time he played a great game must have been 2008. As great as he was, he cannot be considered that anymore.

Suarez: Very good player, but quite overhyped. Aguero for example is handsomely superior.

Bale: Amazing pace and stamina. But ever since those heroics in the CL group stage last season (against probably the shittiest major team in Europe, and that is including Arsenal) what has he done really?

Modric: I think that Luka Modric is one genuine shout to World Class status, but I am not so sure over his consistency.

Only the 3 that you have named can be accepted. But FYI, Cazorla, Negredo, Navas, Toulalan, Llorrente, Falcao, Duran as a short list of La Liga players who are outside the CL

Your final line over the EPL's spending is grossly exaggerated. Yes the EPL has more money than the other leagues, but not nearly three times what the rest spend combined, where did you get that?

Plus, vis a vis Spain, England suffers from a shocking lack of local talent that must be compensated through massive spending.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Who actually even cares, all leagues have their strong points it's all about preference, i prefer Serie A because i enjoy the pace of it & the more technical football but the which league is better is getting damn annoying just enjoy them all.

Also i swear not long ago people were arguing that Ronaldo is more complete than Messi because he is taller & can head the ball :lol: this shit is pointless, Rooney is awesome but he doesn't have shit on Messi

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
Who actually even cares, all leagues have their strong points it's all about preference, i prefer Serie A because i enjoy the pace of it & the more technical football but the which league is better is getting damn annoying just enjoy them all.

Also i swear not long ago people were arguing that Ronaldo is more complete than Messi because he is taller & can head the ball :lol: this shit is pointless, Rooney is awesome but he doesn't have shit on Messi

Well there is nothing wrong with comparing leagues if you ask me, and the EPL is the strongest atm. But the arrogance, hyperbole and ignorance of its fans is more than shocking.

Badger

I'm not debating that. If you read my comments you will see I put Young's in better form now... so he's better at the moment.

Well if Ashley Young can maintin that level for an entire season fair enough.

Its early days obviously.

dalitis8

Banned

Because it contained foul language.

But since you brought this up.

Who is Young anyways? Where was he all these years? (he is 26 mind you) No England caps until very recently, no fuss around his name whatsoever. He is utilized as a system player by SAF, has a few good games against mediocre (in some cases atrocious) opposition and all of a sudden he is Garrincha.

Other than a decent cross and pace, what is there really?

Home of Barca Fans