Wayne Rooney

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
What?! He was awful! His lack of positional discipline made Ferguson furios. His lucky punch offside goal doesn't make it a good performance.

Not saying that he isn't a very good player though (best in England probably, although that doesn't say much since Mata is a god there now).

Mata was very good in La Liga...

B

barcelonista

Mata was very good in La Liga...

Yes, but not a god who's already regarded as Chelsea's best player right now and one of the top 3 playmakers in the league. Jesus, Mata just played for the Under 21 national team a few months ago.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Let's not forget that kid Chelsea got from Barcelona... he's by far the best.

Oh, and he's Spanish.. so..... He's the best.

I don't know whether he's best, but he sure is better than any of the English mid fielders of his age group bar Jack Wilshere

W

woobie

I meant he's the best player in the PL at the moment.

Thanks for the clarification, Viva. I was curious. Not going to voice an opinion one way or the other because i don't watch enough of the English league to really be able to judge.

W

Worms

did alright against City in the Community Shield.

or are they shit now, too?

he played well against us in the Final.

are we shit?

etc.

he was awful against Benfica, though, but that was mostly Fergie's fault for playing him as a #9 then giving him no support.

Apart from his goal which shouldn't have counted because he was offside he didn't play very well against us at all,although a lot of that is down to how badly United played.

But his positional sense was poor and he lost the ball a bit too often,plus that pass to Giggs what led to his offside goal was awful.

Am not saying he isn't a very good player but when people start comparing him to Messi and saying he's better than Xavi and Iniesta it's just ridiculous.

W

Worms

Dont forget Arteta, Luis Enrique or any other player that is from spain...:rolleyes:

Rooney wipes the floor with Mata, Silva is a legit comparison to make.

Wipes the floor :lol:

They play different positions but Mata and Silva are just as good as Rooney.

Home of Barca Fans