Wojciech Szczęsny

M3ls

Andre Onana third best rated GK? What?
In fact, Manchester United allowed SO MANY shots on their goal.

And don’t forget that the StatsBomb statistics are statistics for the first half of the 23-24 season

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think they will ride it out with Inaki until Janaury.

In January they should sign Alvaro Valles for what will likely be less than 5m, and then tell him the job is his full-time even when ter Stegen returns if he performs very well over the rest of the season, and if not, they will facilitate his transfer to Real Betis in the summer and go for a long-term #1.

jamrock

In January they should sign Alvaro Valles for what will likely be less than 5m, and then tell him the job is his full-time even when ter Stegen returns if he performs very well over the rest of the season, and if not, they will facilitate his transfer to Real Betis in the summer and go for a long-term #1.

Wouldn't go that far, I'd tell him we compete come 2025/2026.

He'll win anyways, because mats is likely done at the highest level.

DonAK

Wouldn't go that far, I'd tell him we compete come 2025/2026.

He'll win anyways, because mats is likely done at the highest level.

They should sign someone to compete with Valles regardless, but with him reportedly having rejected offers from abroad due to his insistence to return to Real Betis I don't think it's guaranteed he signs with us unless we offer him some guarantees or at least goodwill on our part given he performs well of course.

Sorin

In fact, Manchester United allowed SO MANY shots on their goal.

And don’t forget that the StatsBomb statistics are statistics for the first half of the 23-24 season
He has the same “disease” as Ter Stegen. He concedes lots of goals that could be saved.

His positioning in some instances is goddamn awful for a top keeper.

MontenegrinCuler

We simply need a GK until January. Tf do we do if Inaki gets injured? Highly unlikely but you always need to have an alternative. If we choose Astralaga then we have no Barca Atletic GK lol.

Other than that, Inaki simply won't work. He's ass.

Horatio

You're welcome
I honestly don’t see how Czesny is not happening. Won’t cost Barca much to pay him salary for 3/4 of a season. Czesny has nothing to lose. Cool new challenge for him(only been out of it for a month) Lewandowski can convince him. Pena is a disaster waiting to happen.

Yeah I butchered the keepers name sorry.

DonAK

We simply need a GK until January. Tf do we do if Inaki gets injured? Highly unlikely but you always need to have an alternative. If we choose Astralaga then we have no Barca Atletic GK lol.

Other than that, Inaki simply won't work. He's ass.

The free agent market is awful though. I know we're discussing Szczesny, but I doubt he's on their radar. He has retired and is likely out of shape chilling eating and drinking what he wants with his family.

Even if we bring him in it may take him a month or more to get up to speed for all we know.

It's a bad situation, but it's one they created for themselves. They have not prioritized getting someone to compete vs. ter Stegen or just a competent backup since they sold Cillessen or Neto.

Home of Barca Fans