Wojciech Szczęsny

Horatio

You're welcome
The free agent market is awful though. I know we're discussing Szczesny, but I doubt he's on their radar. He has retired and is likely out of shape chilling eating and drinking what he wants with his family.

Even if we bring him in it may take him a month or more to get up to speed for all we know.

It's a bad situation, but it's one they created for themselves. They have not prioritized getting someone to compete vs. ter Stegen or just a competent backup since they sold Cillessen.

Nations League is coming up again. That also gives Szczesny some time.

MontenegrinCuler

I honestly don’t see how Czesny is not happening. Won’t cost Barca much to pay him salary for 3/4 of a season. Czesny has nothing to lose. Cool new challenge for him(only been out of it for a month) Lewandowski can convince him. Pena is a disaster waiting to happen.

Yeah I butchered the keepers name sorry.
I think we'll have news on this tomorrow tbh. People are already rumoring about it all over the internet and word will spread to Zesny as well tomorrow. If he has any intention of coming back, he'll make it clear. If not also. High possibility that newspapers will ask him abt it very soon.

If he's open to it I don't see any obstacles tbh. Other than registering him and shit. But with all these dudes out surely we can do some magicc.

Sorin

Every time I watched Juventus last year, he was more than solid, not like some dude close to retirement. Granted, only watched Juve about 3 or 4 times, my eyeballs were burning from Allegri ball.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think we'll have news on this tomorrow tbh. People are already rumoring about it all over the internet and word will spread to Zesny as well tomorrow. If he has any intention of coming back, he'll make it clear. If not also. High possibility that newspapers will ask him abt it very soon.

If he's open to it I don't see any obstacles tbh. Other than registering him and shit. But with all these dudes out surely we can do some magicc.

Zesny really has nothing to lose. If he feels he would be a liability he can at least be invited to the training sessions and decide from there.

Only if he hates the idea of returning to keeping it don’t happen.

pers

He is out of training for 3 weeks so he can be in shape fast I guess.

He is strongly connected with Spain as well as he has house in Marbella and basically Marbella is his first choice to live right now. The only question is if he is mentally prepared to changed his mind.

El Gato

Villarato!
Dude will have his spine tested within weeks of retirement
He's a bit of a twat with a bit of shithousery about him, but rather articulate for a footballer and smarter than given credit for in Poland

Never saw him as one with no integrity so would expect him to reject an approach for non-guaranteed money

Then again have Lewy's wife talk to his family and you'll have another celebrity footballer sipping margheritas and smoking fags on a Catalan beach no problem

khaled_a_d

Wojciech Szczęsny had one year left in his contract, and Juve bought him out with a clause that they save whatever he earns in his new club.

After that, he retired.

This means unless we gave him more than what Juve is paying him to chill in Spain, there is zero financial incentive for him to come back.

It needs to be a sort of a childhood dream to play for Barca, in order for him to come to play here, essentially for free.

Horatio

You're welcome
I was about to write he would only cost around 5m. Maybe even a low-ball a bit considering he missed out on few months.

Home of Barca Fans