World Cup 2022

Temptation

Have a lot of sympathy for Croacia but we still want to see Messi lift that cup don't we?

Well.........that doesn't change the fact that Javier Zanetti is the most respected player of all time(MRPOAT) and anyone who can possibly hate him has issues.

soul24rage

But notice how he does not actually arguing against people wanting to see Messi lift the cup. Tempt might have been converted.

CR7 fans to Temptation

destroy-the-sith-star-wars.gif

Temptation

But notice how he does not actually arguing against people wanting to see Messi lift the cup. Tempt might have been converted.

I have never had any issues with the normal genuine Messi fans who love and support the guy as their favourite/idol. The issue is .......the Messibois/fanboys and the utter rubbish they spout. There's a huge difference between the 2.

BBZ8800

In the sports paper Athtletic, all 5 pundits say that Argentina will win against Croatia.
They said the same for Brazil 2 days ago.

Some memories from 3:0 win in 2018' when Messi and all of his teammates lost their nerves and produced a lot of unsportsmanship fouls.

Cold killer Raki almost scored right away from a free kick after Otamendi's braindead foul:

BBZ8800

(** I can put only 3 videos in one post)

But a few minutes, a man on the mission Raki, sealed Otamendi's and Argie's fate:
** Look at Messi's defending and body language at the 3rd goal:

Last edited:

utility73

Argentina is an absolute favorite...

Well they are.

Makes no sense to compare current Argentina against that total mess of 2018.
So as it stands now they are definitely favorites against Croatia, but off course Croatia can surprise once more.

jairzinho

I think Argentina will win. They don't have the flamboyance that Brazil has but they do have a bit of nastiness, guile maybe dirty tactics at times if necessary and then of course they have Messi and Di Maria too when he's in the mood.

Rory

Completely different Argentina now. Like saying Spain 2006 and Spain 2010 are the same. Or France 2014 and 2018. I could go on…

BBZ8800

Well they are.

Makes no sense to compare current Argentina against that total mess of 2018.
So as it stands now they are definitely favorites against Croatia, but off course Croatia can surprise once more.

I was waiting for that answer: this is a new team.

But if Croatia wins and they play again in 2 Months, people will answer the same: this is a new team, new match and we learned from our mistakes. Argentina is now a favorite.
And repeat the same till the end of time, that's how it works.

For comparison, look at Barca:
5-6 coaches in the last few years, we signed 15-20 new players, but deep down, that is the same team with same tactics, same bad mentality and same results, isn't it?
Spain after 2012: different coaches, different players, but deep down they always play in the same way.
England, each World cup = new team, a new coach. In the end = it is always the same England with a similar type of play, similar mentality, similar mistakes, similar results. Isn't it?

Players, countries have similar traits, values, flaws, how they handle pressure, how they lose nerves.

utility73

But if Croatia wins and they play again in 2 Months, people will answer the same: this is a new team, new match and we learned from our mistakes. Argentina is now a favorite.

5-6 coaches in the last few years, we signed 15-20 new players, but deep down, that is the same team with same tactics, same bad mentality and same results, isn't it?
Spain after 2012: different coaches, different players, but deep down they always play in the same way.
England, each World cup = new team, a new coach. In the end = it is always the same England with a similar type of play, similar mentality, similar mistakes, similar results. Isn't it?

Players, countries have similar traits, values, flaws, how they handle pressure, how they lose nerves.

And yet things change .. Spain was a different beast at least 2008 - 2012, compared to both before and after that glorious period. Or just take your old time favorites „Germany always wins in the end“ .. They really have lost their mental mojo in recent years, despite playing well in general.

So current Argentina might be more robust again this time around.
Also they were quite solid in 2014 and really deserved better in that final against Germany.

But Football is a game of skill AND chance so we‘ll see what happens.
So anyway, objectively, Argentina are favourites going into the matchup against Croatia.
How that game will play out in the end, we‘ll see.

raskolnikov

By that logic Netherlands shouldnt have crushed Spain 5-1 in 2014.

Laplacian

I have never had any issues with the normal genuine Messi fans who love and support the guy as their favourite/idol. The issue is .......the Messibois/fanboys and the utter rubbish they spout. There's a huge difference between the 2.

I agree, Messi fanboys are genuinely insufferable. Their unhealthy one sided relationship with a man who's unaware they even exist is enough to encourage them to go around into rival team fan forums posting 50 unhinged posts a day is an interesting sight to witness, really. Oh wait no, that's you and your relationship with Ronaldo.

Seriously, the gall of you to sit there and claim other fanbases are 'not normal.'

Home of Barca Fans