World Cup 2022

Porque

Perfect stadiums, perfect weather, perfect crowd, all big teams were there, lots of big matches and great goals, good quality football from lots of teams.
We don't have any matches today, so take your time and enjoy 20 minutes of all goals from World cup 98':

I remember eating a burger with a smiley faced potato inside it during the Cameroon - Austria game.

Total-Football

Everything was great about 98 except the final .
Was so funking odd watching Brazil play like that .. no wonder people talked about ronaldo being poisoned France buying off the final and shit like that.

Temptation

Any information on Croatia NT coach Zlatko Dalic? What kind of coach is he? What is his philosophy? Better tactician than Scaloni?

Windhook

Everything was great about 98 except the final .
Was so funking odd watching Brazil play like that .. no wonder people talked about ronaldo being poisoned France buying off the final and shit like that.

Well, clearly something was wrong with Ronaldo. He was not the same player from the Netherlands game.

Indeed France 1998 was the best tournament from my perspective, I was 12 years old extremely passionate about football, playing cult football video games FIFA 98 and FIFA WC 1998, reading football magazines. Summer break, no school, my whole world was football. I still remember a particular Malaysian footballer from FIFA 98 - Suparman from Selangor FC. Great memories.:lol:

KingLeo10

My personal favorite was the 06 WC...Germany as hosts and IMO the strongest or second strongest set of players ever assembled at NT football level.

Some huge matches from that one:

1) Portugal v Netherlands (Battle of Nuremberg)
2) Germany v Argentina (if only Messi was subbed on...)
3) Italy v Germany
4) France v Brazil
5) France v Portugal
6) France v Italy
7) France v Spain
8) England v Portugal

I don't think we've seen so many heavyweight KO clashes at any other WC (correct me if wrong)

JamDav1982

Visully.. USA 94 for me looked amazing.

Class stadiums, colours, weather etc.

For excitement... this one has had some absolute belters of games and not far off it.

Level wise is diffuclt as coaching is better than ever and made it all a bit more formulaic and less about individuals but 10/15 yrs ago and before more individuals that were good to watch.

soul24rage

Ik Soul. I was expecting something more about him than that.....what type of coach and stuff??

Maybe our Croatian brothers in this forum can chime in for this information.

But Dalic is a better tactician than Scaloni for me. Some of Scaloni's decisions in this tournament disappointed me.

Windhook

I agree WC 06 was probably the best from squad quality point, but also remember many of the NT head coache were with very little experience and soon after that retired from coaching. Van Basten and Klinsmann in particular.

jamrock

Most of y'all are aging yourself crazy or lying if they remember the actual qualify if the WC going back to 90/94.

Most would have to be mid 40's early 50's to remember those WC, I doubt many grown men have the time to be posting on a internet forum, so couple people definitely lying.

Windhook

Maybe our Croatian brothers in this forum can chime in for this information.

But Dalic is a better tactician than Scaloni for me. Some of Scaloni's decisions in this tournament disappointed me.

Dalic impresses more compared to Scaloni. Dalic's tactical changes after the first extra time HT, twose two subs were key in Croatia's equalizer.

Home of Barca Fans