World Cup 2022

Windhook

Hristo Stoichkov on Argentina:

We enjoy watching Messi, but Argentina has changed a bit. For the better.

Of course, there is dependence on Messi, how could it not be? But before they gave him the ball, and everyone stopped.

And now I see how sometimes the players do not give the ball to Leo on purpose, they move more, combine, open free zones on the field. Now Messi can rest more, be calmer.

BBZ8800

Fjun8nVWAAAgSyI

Imagine looking at this team and thinking Croatia will win as convincingly again. No chance no matter what walls BBZ builds

I am not trolling, a question for guys who follow Messi lately: what is the state of his stamina?
He has played 5 matches in 20 days.
And this will be his 3rd match in 8-9 days, and he played 130 minutes 4 days ago.

In his last years at Barca he couldn't string 3 matches in a row with running.

KingLeo10

I am not trolling, a question for guys who follow Messi lately: what is the state of his stamina?
He has played 5 matches in 20 days.
And this will be his 3rd match in 8-9 days, and he played 130 minutes 4 days ago.

In his last years at Barca he couldn't string 3 matches in a row with running.

3 matches in a row against mid-table teams with not much motivation

vs.

LAST chance at a WC

There's a reason why Messi's been fired up basically every game lately. We didn't see that since 2015 MSN treble era and parts of 18-19.

Windhook

There's a reason why Messi's been fired up basically every game lately. We didn't see that since 2015 MSN treble era and parts of 18-19.

Those Van Gaal diss words really fired Leo up. Zlatko Dalic seems more reasonable to not single out anyone.

BBZ8800

3 matches in a row against mid-table teams with not much motivation

vs.

LAST chance at a WC

So, he hasn't been fired up against Roma, Liverpool away after playing 90 mimutes vs Getafe 4 days earlier?

I remember him not running at all back then.

In his current age running is not only a state of mind.

JamDav1982

So, he hasn't been fired up against Roma, Liverpool away after playing 90 mimutes vs Getafe 4 days later?

You asking questions and attacking the answers again?

You tell us how think Messi will be tomorrow..

KingLeo10

So, he hasn't been fired up against Roma, Liverpool away after playing 90 mimutes vs Getafe 4 days earlier?

He'd already won the CL 3/4 times and was one of the top 2 CL players ever before Roma happened...

While the ONLY thing missing from his CV is the WC, and now that he actually has a good team around him and less pressure (because of Copa win), he's bound to be more motivated.

BBZ8800

He'd already won the CL 3/4 times and was one of the top 2 CL players ever before Roma happened...

While the ONLY thing missing from his CV is the WC, and now that he actually has a good team around him and less pressure (because of Copa win), he's bound to be more motivated.

Ok, you think he rates WC higher than a 5th CL with Barca, ok.

Still, by the laws of nature, age and knowing his body and stamina, I am hoping that he is already somewhat tired.

Windhook

No need to bring the elephant in the room, if I can say it.

Barca Croats want to reach the final once again, the rest of us root for Messi. No further discussion is needed. So calma.

BBZ8800

Haha obviously you hope that.

Is that what you think will be the case?

I cheer for my team.
Every injury or suspension is always a good thing.

If their best player is at 90% stamina, that is better than 100%.

It doesn't mean too much.
Even 80% rested player can pull 2 magical actions out of nowhere.

But as an opponent, I would always rather play fatigued Messi than Messi at 100%.

Or regarding any top opponent.

Croatia was dead tired in a final of 2018 after 3 extra times against fresher France, for example.

JamDav1982

I cheer for my team.

But as an opponent, I would always rather play fatigued Messi than Messi at 100%.

As I said obviously you hope that. Makes sense.

But is that what you think will be the case?

What is your prediction for game?

KingLeo10

I cheer for my team.

Croatia was dead tired in a final of 2018 after 3 extra time against fresher France, for example.

It will be a very close game. 2-1 for either team or it will come to pens, which both teams are excellent at. I think Argentina is 5-1 all time and Croatia 4-0?

Home of Barca Fans