World Cup 2022

BBZ8800

As I said obviously you hope that. Makes sense.

But is that what you think will be the case?

What is your prediction for game?

I don't want to sound arrogant, but I am not too afraid of Argentina.

Historically, Croatia has a few wins over them.
Modric and Kovacic usually trumped Messi in CL matches after 2018'.
Messi is 35 and, hopefully, tired.
Their players are nutcases and on a verge of getting a red at any moment.
Their defenders are shorter and weaker in the air.
Their flanks leave spaces.

I am afraid of France because they often win against us.

Before Brazil, I thought that our chances against Brazil are only 20% because they don't suit us.
Vs Argentina it is 70:30.
Vs Morocco 50:50
Vs France 40:60

On Croatian most visited news site, 70 000 peope voted, 90% of votes expect a victory tomorrow.

Birdy

No need to bring the elephant in the room, if I can say it.

Barca Croats want to reach the final once again, the rest of us root for Messi. No further discussion is needed. So calma.

Not really...

I don't fancy the Croats, this is an aged and declined version of their 2018 team, and they didn't deserve to be here in the first place, Brazil battered them in the QF

I don't fancy Argies either, and Messi in particular is dragging this NT behind with the dependency on him and the imperative to play at his oldy pace.
Argentina, unlike Croatia, were better than all teams faced and deserved to be here.
But it's unfair that they might reach the final, and still haven't played a top team (an England, a Spain, a Germany, etc) in the tournament.
Another joke of the format and the luck of draw and bracket

JamDav1982

There is no reason to be afraid of any team.. it is not arrogance.

Particularly not this Argentina team man for man.. other than Messi it is solid but nothing great and lacks pace.

No one knows how fit Messi will be as you dont. Will have to wait and see.

Not sure their players are on verge of reds as you make out. Or any more so than other teams. They meet aggression head on but seem one of the calmer Argies side under pressure for years.

Messi moments v Croatia midfield probably what game comes down to and who can come out on top.

JamDav1982

Not really...

I don't fancy the Croats, this is an aged and declined version of their 2018 team, and they didn't deserve to be here in the first place, Brazil battered them in the QF

I don't fancy Argies either, and Messi in particular is dragging this NT behind with the dependency on him and the imperative to play at his oldy pace.
Argentina, unlike Croatia, were better than all teams faced and deserved to be here.
But it's unfair that they might reach the final, and still haven't played a top team (an England, a Spain, a Germany, etc) in the tournament.
Another joke of the format and the luck of draw and bracket

Germany and Spain are not top teams and that is reason they are out.

Could not beat inferior sides.

Argentina beat better teams than those two did to get to semis.

Birdy

Germany and Spain are not top teams and that is reason they are out.

Could not beat inferior sides.

Argentina beat better teams than those two did to get to semis.

Which are the teams that are better than Spain and Germany which Argentina beat?

BBZ8800

Messi moments v Croatia midfield probably what game comes down to and who can come out on top.

3 midfielders plus Sosa and Perisic will be around him all the time.

You seem to be more objective than other fans here when Messi is in question.

1. Do you think Argentina's full backs will leave lots of space behind them? Especially in 352 without Acuna?
2. How good are they in the air in defense?

Birdy

Dutch are better than any team Spain or Germany beat.

LOL

Dutch are the definition of 'meh'
They had a hard time against Senegal and Ecuador.
Spain would have dismantled them (easy 3 or 4 nil) and Germany would have won connivingly by putting a few past them despite conceding.

Next one?

JamDav1982

3 midfielders plus Sosa and Perisic will be around him all the time.

You seem to be more objective than other fans here when Messi is in question.

1. Do you think Argentina's full backs will leave lots of space behind them? Especially in 352 without Acuna?
2. How good are they in the air in defense?

All full backs in 352 leave space in behin unless sitting in back 5 so yes they will.
Defensively in the air probably average.. Romero and Otamendi attack everything but other than them the team lacks a bit of height.

JamDav1982

LOL

Dutch are the definition of 'meh'
They had a hard time against Senegal and Ecuador.
Spain would have dismantled them (easy 3 or 4 nil) and Germany would have won connivingly by putting a few past them despite conceding.

Next one?

The Dutch are better than any team Spain or Germany beat.

Simple.

Top teams dont finish behind Japan and dont beat any decent sides.

Next.

You were wrong on those teams. Face facts.

Birdy

The Dutch are better than any team Spain or Germany beat.

Simple.

Not really.

It's harder to beat Japan or Maroco than beating the Netherlands.

Like I said, both Spain and Germany would have swept them, but found it hard against good mid low compact blocks.

Argentina were better but needed penalties to win against the Dutch.
Argentina would have found it much harder against Japan, and IMO they could never get past Marrocco.
Simple as that

JamDav1982

Spain had had four games..only beat Costa Rica.
Germany had three games.. only beat Costa Rica.

Top teams!

Yay.

You were wrong. Move on.

KingLeo10

Spain and Germany were both atrocious.

One didn't even make the R of 16, and the other were toothless as they come v Morocco.

Home of Barca Fans