Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

He's doing a fine job.
Do you seriously think this is fine? We're in the 3rd season and we are still seeing the same terrible setups game after game, with us edging out wins over much worse sides by quality typically.
100% we are not winning anything playing like this. We aren't good defensively anymore either.

The players that are carrying him thus far (Frenkie, Ferran) are the ones he has tried his level best to get out of the club. That tells you something, imagine what his roster selection would be if he had his way and Frenkie and co agreed to leave when he asked them.

You can say I am negative but not sure he really knows how to set up the team and I think he is riding off his motivational ability.

mc_lovin

Do you seriously think this is fine? We're in the 3rd season and we are still seeing the same terrible setups game after game, with us edging out wins over much worse sides by quality typically.
100% we are not winning anything playing like this. We aren't good defensively anymore either.

The players that are carrying him thus far (Frenkie, Ferran) are the ones he has tried his level best to get out of the club. That tells you something, imagine what his roster selection would be if he had his way and Frenkie and co agreed to leave when he asked them.

You can say I am negative but not sure he really knows how to set up the team and I think he is riding off his motivational ability.
He's brilliant at getting us points despite having a very young team. People always like to whine, but I am sure he will be at two League titles in 2.5 years.

You want to scrath your eyes out occasionally, but we also have our fair share of great games.

ajnotkeith

He's brilliant at getting us points despite having a very young team. People always like to whine, but I am sure he will be at two League titles in 2.5 years.

You want to scrath your eyes out occasionally, but we also have our fair share of great games.
I mean, if he gets us another LaLiga and we show a little progress in Europe, I'm not sure anyone can really argue with it. At that point the proof is in the pudding.
It just doesnt feel conducive to success but again I did say the same last season as well as others, and we ended winning it, so.

JamDav1982

It works both ways... Barca looked badly set up defensively and very mearly paid for it.. Robero/Alonso and Romeu should not be at Barca.

But at same time.. subs worked.. dominated majority of game and looked fitter of the two sides.

Also he starts Lamal x2 when folk like to make out he wont give younger players enough of a chance.

There is good and bad to that game. Seeing it all one way is just taking to extreme of pre conceived ideas and fitting it in.

Birdy

We are a few here who are talking to a wall

The stubborn Xavi fanboys will repeat with the same lines. They already started with 'hard-fought win' and stuff. They will never admit Xavi's glaring mistakes both in tactics and personnel selection

JamDav1982

We are a few here who are talking to a wall

The stubborn Xavi fanboys will repeat with the same lines. They already started with 'hard-fought win' and stuff. They will never admit Xavi's glaring mistakes both in tactics and personnel selection

Works both ways.

Folk like you do nothing but moan and wont admit when he has made correct decisions either.

ajnotkeith

It works both ways... Barca looked badly set up defensively and very mearly paid for it.. Robero/Alonso and Romeu should not be at Barca.

But at same time.. subs worked.. dominated majority of game and looked fitter of the two sides.

Also he starts Lamal x2 when folk like to make out he wont give younger players enough of a chance.

There is good and bad to that game. Seeing it all one way is just taking to extreme of pre conceived ideas and fitting it in.
I agree with this bit, but I'm really convinced you don't get away with this against better sides.
I feel that we were set up better last year especially defensively and that so far we are showing some decline over time. Feels like a regression is going on not a progression.

I would also add on the Romeu point that he has tried to get likes of Frenkie out using any means necessary whilst bumlicking Lewandowski, also on a huge contract, as he plays terribly, playing Gavi every single game, and playing the likes of Alonso and Roberto as fullbacks, not playing Ferran who is in amazing form, etc. It feels like to me his 'talent id' and player selection is really poor and he's in fact got lucky that the team picks itself at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans