Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co0ter

I never take Ls lil bro. I have been proven right in all my takes.

Ten Haag barca forum's favourite manager being trash .. big W
Luis DIaz barcaforum hype being rubbish.. big W for me
XAVI HERNANDEZ.. first league title in many many years.. big W for me

There is just too many to list.

Now hop off my nutsack.
Bro you never shut the fuck up. You list a few takes and ignore the fact you make several more wrong ones on a weekly basis.

Nothing Xavi did led us to the title. Way more negative than positive. We won the title despite him, not because of him.

You're straight up delusional haha I know you're a troll, but damn you likely need some psychiatric help 🤣

iniestaGOAT

Bro you never shut the fuck up. You list a few takes and ignore the fact you make several more wrong ones on a weekly basis.

Nothing Xavi did led us to the title. Way more negative than positive. We won the title despite him, not because of him.

You're straight up delusional haha I know you're a troll, but damn you likely need some psychiatric help 🤣

Did this idiot just say we won the title cause of the players and not xavi?

And has the nerve to call me a troll and delusional?

A team filled with little kids..

If you don't get out of here with that bullshit..

iniestaGOAT

Now list these so called wrong takes I have had cause they don't exist.

I only have Ws

I know you can't list any..

So once again hop off my nutsack

Porque

True, but this era is different. First era since I've been following the club that Barca can't get near a top class signing anymore.

Actually, this is the main reason why I find all of this amusing. People still use past eras from times when we could sign the best players on the planet as some sort of reasonable argument.

Please... those days are long gone. Fans had 2-3 years already to adjust to the new circumstances and are still behaving like clueless kids.

And, still, despite all this, the only club that had a legitimate superior season to us is City last year, running on 1bn spending and Pep as manager.

So excuse me if I find this hilarious. :lol:

I don't think the era or spending power makes any difference.

It is about the pressure of the club and how because of this culture how managers are never long term.

I don't think Xavi will be any different, he is already showing signs of wilt physically and verbally gone down the short term season to season contract talk as Pep.

What I will give you is that Xavi has been blessed with press support despite turgid play. And that has given him time short term. Maybe the Catalan press have been paid because the comments sections in Spanish are no different to what people are saying here, in regards to our play.

So it is not really an outlandish claim if people are looking at future managers who can perhaps get more out of the current players all points being the same.

Points being
-Lack of pressure from media
-Complete board support
-Freedom to sign and target who they want
-No pressure to reach CL knockouts.

As for my position on Xavi today for disclaimer persons.
-Still the best option for this season and sacking would be bad decision.
-Perfect hire for amigo clean out and transition
-Still not the finished article and should continue to improve.
-Should stay next season barring complete capitulation
-Gets us playing well for limited runs, mostly coinciding with periods of no injuries
-Poor at scouting transfer targets, but great at assessing player ability when under his command. So give signing responsibilities to the SD

And on that point

-Deco is still questionable. His transfer targets (as per press) that we failed to sign have not been successes so far. So remains to be seen if he is another youth hunting Abidal or got more strategy and acumen to it.

JamDav1982

Xavi has clearly not had the same pressure that other coaches have in terms of competing in both league and Europe while playing in a certain way to this point.

delancey

The money spend is tame. The purchase value of our 22/23 CL squad is on par with the likes of Napoli and Dortmund.
Purchase value of our squad doesn’t accurately measure market value. Instead look at total salary expenditure to get a good idea of the talent of the squad.

Our squad is one of the best in the world, and Xavi is making us play like horseshit. Surprised you cannot see that.

Double down bro. 😜

JohnN

we had a great peak with xavi last season that never repeated. Positional play and coordinated moves were on point. it all went awol and didn't cone back. so, one year later, every tactical aspect has deteriorated. its not the signings. its fatigue and Xavi needs to go.

Porque

we had a great peak with xavi last season that never repeated. Positional play and coordinated moves were on point. it all went awol and didn't cone back. so, one year later, every tactical aspect has deteriorated. its not the signings. its fatigue and Xavi needs to go.

But can we get it back?

This talk of an international break reset is basically him saying "i need my first teamers back". As long as we peak for the business end of the season, then all this early season grinding will be forgotten.

Last edited:

delancey

Positional play at the back was on point last season. This also came at a cost of playing extremely boring and defensive football. Xavi talks about how great football is an expectation at Barca, but his football may just be some of the most flat and boring football in Europe.

Coordinated moves at the front have never existed under Xavi beyond cross and inshallah. We have played well on a few occasions, but that’s about it. Overall we lack organization, style, tempo, tactics, combination play. Sad when even RS or Girona appoint managers on merit. We have Oscar Hernández, to whom we pay millions

Xavi excels in man management and commanding respect. This I agree on. Beyond that, he’s way in over his head.

serghei

What I will give you is that Xavi has been blessed with press support despite turgid play. And that has given him time short term. Maybe the Catalan press have been paid because the comments sections in Spanish are no different to what people are saying here, in regards to our play.

It's winning a big title last season that gave Xavi support from the media and the fans. As for fans being unhappy, the team had the best attendance numbers in many many years last season, apparently highest home support in the millenium.

There's always gonna be moaning fans, nothing to see here.

JamDav1982

Xavi has huge support in media and not just because he won the league.

Many others who were not media favs would get a lot more aimed at them for style of play and European performances.

Attendances were up.. they also slashed the cost of tickets when initially had trouble getting same level of fans through the turnstiles.

'Moaning fans' is quite the claim from the person who moans about every player and claims Xavi is 'easily fooled and delusional' and wont win anything. Same fans who claimed Man Utd were better and only those with an 'agenda' would disagree.

serghei

Attendances were up.. they also slashed the cost of tickets when initially had trouble getting same level of fans through the turnstiles.

Any proof of that? Where did you get this info from? Or you just made it up as usual.

We're talking about last season, on Camp Nou, not this season when the team moved to a different stadium.

JamDav1982

Any proof of that? Where did you get this info from? Or you just made it up as usual.

We're talking about last season, on Camp Nou, not this season when the team moved to a different stadium.

You believe it is made up if like. Suits you.

Camp Nou last season the ticket prices were far down compared to previous seasons.

A lot of fake fans who think players are all over rated and not top players to go and watch on same expense it seems...bit like Serghie.

Been discussed plenty by those looking to go to games.

Top 'fan' Serghie who constantly claims Barca cant win, gives excuses when they do that Real didnt try and then calls Xavi 'easily fooled and delusional',

JohnN

Positional play at the back was on point last season. This also came at a cost of playing extremely boring and defensive football. Xavi talks about how great football is an expectation at Barca, but his football may just be some of the most flat and boring football in Europe.

Coordinated moves at the front have never existed under Xavi beyond cross and inshallah. We have played well on a few occasions, but that’s about it. Overall we lack organization, style, tempo, tactics, combination play. Sad when even RS or Girona appoint managers on merit. We have Oscar Hernández, to whom we pay millions

Xavi excels in man management and commanding respect. This I agree on. Beyond that, he’s way in over his head.
Coordinated moves existed mostly the first season for some reason and they were great. seen some analysis about this. bit for some reason it all went away as the second season progressed and its all gone now. so a decline tactically. we made no progress. we won the league due to signings with levers and not because we actually improved.
i don't think we will improve either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans