Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

He's obviously just saving himself for the big games to activate "beast mode". He's not trying so far obviously. Hurr durr.
Obviously..
Barca fans rating system for Xavi:

0 passes wrong (Good)
1 pass wrong (not convincing)
2 Passes wrong (Disappointing)
3 passes wrong (Very bad)
4 Passes wrong (Shockingly bad)
5 Passes wrong (Bench him)

That would have made more sense if I actually wanted him benched because of his performance..

Atleast he'll get some rest... I hope they ease him back

When he'll be back we will have Milan, Sevilla, RM, RM in 10-11 days. I wish I could be as optimistic as you.

Last edited:
Y

Youngie

Xavi is injured, will be out for at least 15 days. That's what happens when you play too much. Instead of playing all the midfielders at once, rotate them, ffs!

Didn't the Spanish NT doctors discover his injury? He could've been playing injured for Barça for the past while...

barcanuck

Completely avoidable and infuriating injury. This is the one guy after a classico that doesn't need to play almost 90 minutes 3 days later! Puyol was rested for a bit against Valencia, why not throw Thiago in and let Xavi be a sub if need be Roura! That was a silly mistake by our coaching staff.

Cule4life

The Culest
If Xavi isnt back against Milan who would we play. Thiago or Villa with Iniesta in midfield? Both of them haven't had regular minutes and it would not be surprising to see them out of rhythm. This is what happens when you dont rotate your squad. Pep was good in this department

Someone needs to remind our mngt that Xavi is 33 years old. He cant play every game

Last edited:

viper76

It was coming he played too much there was no need to start him last night or against Osasuna and Betis and Espanyol .
Iniesta and Cesc to follow if we do not start rotate

Last edited:

FiReFTW

I really dont understand our phylosophy, we have so many great midfielders instead we keep pushing Iniesta on the wing all the time, and Thiago barely gets any play time at all, while Xavi plays every single unimportant match. Instead of preserving Xavi and rotating our midfield also giving play time to some younger players like Thiago, we keep burning out Xavi and risking him getting injured.. I do not understand.

I really dont understand our phylosophy, we have so many great midfielders instead we keep pushing Iniesta on the wing all the time, and Thiago barely gets any play time at all, while Xavi plays every single unimportant match. Instead of preserving Xavi and rotating our midfield also giving play time to some younger players like Thiago, we keep burning out Xavi and risking him getting injured.. I do not understand.

unimportant? We have had a lot of tough games recently. I agree though, the team could use a little more rotation. Maybe they want to avoid what happened in the first leg of the cup tie against Malaga (used too many subs and tied at home).

Cule4life

The Culest
unimportant? We have had a lot of tough games recently. I agree though, the team could use a little more rotation. Maybe they want to avoid what happened in the first leg of the cup tie against Malaga (used too many subs and tied at home).

The league is almost wrapped up. The Valencia match was tough but not important. Playing Thiago and Villa would have helped them get match fit and gain rhythm. And why was Xavi played vs osasuna :facepalm:

The league is almost wrapped up. The Valencia match was tough but not important. Playing Thiago and Villa would have helped them get match fit and gain rhythm. And why was Xavi played vs osasuna :facepalm:

We can't just go throwing out weak lineups in every league game though. The league is pretty much wrapped up, but only as long as we keep winning and don't needlessly drop points.

But yes, we could have rested Xavi vs Osasuna.

Cule4life

The Culest
Thankfully Thiago will get much needed playing time. Sometimes i wonder pros like Xavi should voluntarily sit out during unimportant games to give players like Thiago playing time since our mngt is refusing to do it.

Last edited:

barcanuck

We can't just go throwing out weak lineups in every league game though. The league is pretty much wrapped up, but only as long as we keep winning and don't needlessly drop points.

But yes, we could have rested Xavi vs Osasuna.

Cmon now, a lineup without Xavi is not a weak lineup. Just put Cesc Iniesta Busi in mid and MVP up front and you rest the 33 year old legend. I was stunned to see him play almost a full game vs Valencia 3 days after animals were kicking him. Should of been an obvious rest game.

Darko

just one more reason to stop playing Iniesta on the wing,we have a million wigers but only 4 central midfielders for 2 positions!

Indignado

Yes, we play subs against great teams like Malaga and play Xavi every single league match. This is just stupid. We have a great squad (beyond our 11 starters) and more players should get the chance to show what they can do so others can rest a little. The game yesterday we lost due to fatigue, mainly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans