Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaugrana1987

Granted our legend is a zombi out there on defense, he is still best MF we have. Its tragic turn of events but good thing is he decided to stay...

F

Flavia

I'm just imagining if he had left, and zubinepto wouldn't bring anyone. Just imagine how we'd be. Completely fucking lost.

Morten

If Xavi is going to be a starter, he needs a midfield able to cover for him. Mascherano with Rakitic, Busquets out. However, Alves needs babysitting in defense, and the top 3s have a somewhat questionable workrate, you have a real balance problem.

Jaykob

He doesn't have the legs to compete in the toughest games anymore, just no way. You can see it even against teams like Almeria. A few years ago he would do a pelopina pirouette when players harrassed him and release a throughball right after. Now he's just falling over and drawing a foul at best. Fascinating to see how the body declines so rapidly once you hit 30+. On the other hand he's still the best midfielder in the squad and the only one who can set the tempo of the game. Scrubrique needs to find a way to make it work in important games. I don't know. Rest him for 2 weeks before big games and start him alongside Busquets and Mascherano as personal bodyguards or something. lol

Just one question, how is his body declining and how is that the reason for his perceived drop in performance.

Xavi has been the best midfielder in this pitiful midfield, he consistently runs the most kilometres and is in the top statistics of recovered balls.

Please explain how his declining physicality is directly related to his perceived bad performances, did Xavi beat 3 player for pace while whipping in crosses from the byline when he was younger?

We must have watched a different kind of player apparently.

Last edited:

DinhoR10

Does anyone have the position data of Neymar or the more recent games of the season as opposed to the beginning? He seems to be on the wing more to me, and I think that may account for why Xavi has been more central recently. I only bring this up to see if the no winger thing is really the problem in the midfield. If it brings balance we should have wingers as opposed to three central forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans