Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegitot

Wtf with Lucho?

A guy had an abysmal first 6 Months.
Then a team clicked for some reason for 6 Months.
Then they flied due to a momentum in the next 6 Months.
Then they fell apart in the next 18 Months and Lucho never managed to collect them as a team again.

In the last 18 Months, we lost a 10 points advantage infront of RM in 2016 and lost La Liga in 2017.

Even EV without Neymar managed to collect the same team and turn them into almost invcincibles.

What's next? Xavi, Lucho and then Pep's son? Is that the way to go?

Lucho has done some very good works with Spain national team now as he uses young players quite beautifully.

But then Koeman also worked well with Netherland before he came here :koeman:

iniestaGOAT

Wtf with Lucho?

A guy had an abysmal first 6 Months.
Then a team clicked for some reason for 6 Months.
Then they flied due to a momentum in the next 6 Months.
Then they fell apart in the next 18 Months and Lucho never managed to collect them as a team again.

In the last 18 Months, we lost a 10 points advantage infront of RM in 2016 and lost La Liga in 2017.

Even EV without Neymar managed to collect the same team and turn them into almost invcincibles.

What's next? Xavi, Lucho and then Pep's son? Is that the way to go?

You internation fans bore me. You have no idea what happened during Luchos reign and you have a low IQ.

Stop quoting me. Thank you.

BBZ8800

You internation fans bore me. You have no idea what happened during Luchos reign and you have a low IQ.

Stop quoting me. Thank you.

That's the spirit.
Domestic fans are better than the international.

And they understand Barca DNA, catalan independence, the importance of La Masia, meaning of being more than a club, the importance of roots and principles and sticking to it.
Right?

That will write on Barca's grave in 20 years.

At least you will die proudly, sticking to your principles.

BBZ8800

Btw, regarding the eternal debate whether tactics from 2008-2011 still work and whether a team can win with the same tactics, we won't get any answers with Xavi:

1. if a team will slightly improve over Koeman, people will say = you see, it is working. But we need better players to execute it properly
2. if Xavi will fail and have bad results like Setien or even like Koeman, people will say = he couldn't do too much. He needs better players to execute his ideas properly

Basically, the only way to kill this debate is to bring back Pep himself and assemble a billion dollar squad and then that team should fail miserably.
Only then a part of fans would give up.
The other part would probably say: he needs more time and he needs to buy slightly better players, for example: Defender XX was making too many individual mistakes, midfielder xx was injured or: a CL is all about luck, there is nothing wrong with the system, Pep was just unlucky.

Since we won't get Pep back, we will have this debate for decades.

Barcilliant

I'm glad Koeman is gone but I don't think Xavi is the answer. I don't think he is pragmatic enough to manage this current squad. In the end results matter. It is pretty shocking that we have become the Spanish Arsenal. Most posters here know that cl spot is the only realistic goal for this team.

vegitot

Btw, regarding the eternal debate whether tactics from 2008-2011 still work and whether a team can win with the same tactics, we won't get any answers with Xavi:

1. if a team will slightly improve over Koeman, people will say = you see, it is working. But we need better players to execute it properly
2. if Xavi will fail and have bad results like Setien or even like Koeman, people will say = he couldn't do too much. He needs better players to execute his ideas properly

Basically, the only way to kill this debate is to bring back Pep himself and assemble a billion dollar squad and then that team should fail miserably.
Only then a part of fans would give up.
The other part would probably say: he needs more time and he needs to buy slightly better players, for example: Defender XX was making too many individual mistakes, midfielder xx was injured or: a CL is all about luck, there is nothing wrong with the system, Pep was just unlucky.

Since we won't get Pep back, we will have this debate for decades.

Something about your post:

- Barca 2008-2011 would beat any team now. Dominate them easily. It is not only because of Pep's style and tactic, also the squad is legendary, possibly the best squad ever.

- When you talk about 2008-2011 tactic, you shouldn't include Barca team in that period. It should be how current Barca can play that 2008-2011 tactic.

- You are right about Xavi's situation. Pretty much a win-win situation. But don't think Laporta will give him much time like 2-3 years.

jairzinho

Yet Xavi will have higher expection. He is already compared to Pep or Cruyff.

How can he be compared to Pep or Cruyff when he hasn't even coached a single minute of top level European football?Coaching in a retiree league and moving some pieces of chess on a board doesn't make a him a world class coach like Pep. Maybe he will be at some point.

BBZ8800

Something about your post:

- Barca 2008-2011 would beat any team now. Dominate them easily. It is not only because of Pep's style and tactic, also the squad is legendary, possibly the best squad ever.

- When you talk about 2008-2011 tactic, you shouldn't include Barca team in that period. It should be how current Barca can play that 2008-2011 tactic.

- You are right about Xavi's situation. Pretty much a win-win situation. But don't think Laporta will give him much time like 2-3 years.

Sorry, I agree.

Even though I think that EXACTLY THE SAME TEAM from 2008-2011 wouldn't be 100% as successful today as back then, but in general: yes, we should say: the question is whether 2008-2011 tactics are still working today?
(Even though Pep tried them 8 times in a CL and reached a final only once, so we have some sort of an answer of a quality of that tactics WITHOUT prime Messi-Xavi-Iniesta).
If father Pep himself can't do too much with it in Europe, who else will be able to come even close?

vegitot

How can he be compared to Pep or Cruyff when he hasn't even coached a single minute of top level European football?Coaching in a retiree league and moving some pieces of chess on a board doesn't make a him a world class coach like Pep. Maybe he will be at some point.

That's how media and most fan think of Xavi. Expection is always high and there is no limit.

iniestaGOAT

That's the spirit.
Domestic fans are better than the international.

And they understand Barca DNA, catalan independence, the importance of La Masia, meaning of being more than a club, the importance of roots and principles and sticking to it.
Right?

That will write on Barca's grave in 20 years.

At least you will die proudly, sticking to your principles.

Looks like you need some english lessons. What the fck are youeven saying?

Andresito

Staff member
Sorry, I agree.

Even though I think that EXACTLY THE SAME TEAM from 2008-2011 wouldn't be 100% as successful today as back then, but in general: yes, we should say: the question is whether 2008-2011 tactics are still working today?
(Even though Pep tried them 8 times in a CL and reached a final only once, so we have some sort of an answer of a quality of that tactics WITHOUT prime Messi-Xavi-Iniesta).
If father Pep himself can't do too much with it in Europe, who else will be able to come even close?

Well it's still obviously working in the league where consistency is what matters. As for CL, too many factors are involved in a 2-match knockout or final where luck is one of them. With luck we'd have 3 CL's in a row, without luck Madrid would have max 2 CL's of the 4 they won.

In the end it's not the coach who's on the pitch.

vegitot

Sorry, I agree.

Pep now still sticks with his original style and tactic, with more improvements of course. So it still works and ispires the whole world. I don't think anyone can influence EPL as much as Pep.

I think that peak tiki taka style is what defines Pep's role in history of football. No one can do that but Pep. The squad also play a big part. Look at Spain during that period, Del Bosque is not a tiki taka coach but Spain still can play that way perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans