Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
I had the same feedback from Barca-hater friends, they were glad a club legend in Xavi is back while Barca were poor and helpless. Now we are back as threat most of them are silent.

Yes, my madridista friends IRL don't like the current situation at all. But they should relax, they still have the "Barca plays Europa League LOL" argument to hold on to...for now.

Windhook

And people are impressed by the signings and how Barca (Laporta and Alonomey(whatever name) turned it around so quickly without penny in pocket. Maybe Laporta is the savior again? He needs a statue if he does it again..

No idea how great Alemany/Laporta duo are, but it worked and I couldn't care less for haters. Let's see how they handle the defensive transfers.

FinBarcelonafan

Yes, my madridista friends IRL don't like the current situation at all. But they should relax, they still have the "Barca plays Europa League LOL" argument to hold on to...for now.

I don't think people understand how small the edges are. Team who is great in EL is probably good in CL. Heck, even Villarreal beat Juve and is in top8.

Sure, we as Barca fans have seen Europe League as Garbage(spoiled by CL for years) but it really isn't when it comes to top teams. Maybe not CL level winning teams but definitely good.

Horatio

You're welcome
I don't think people understand how small the edges are. Team who is great in EL is probably good in CL. Heck, even Villarreal beat Juve and is in top8.

Sure, we as Barca fans have seen Europe League as Garbage(spoiled by CL for years) but it really isn't when it comes to top teams. Maybe not CL level winning teams but definitely good.

No, they are not underrating Barca. They are scared and know what might be coming. Because of that they are trying to exhaust as much enjoyment out of the fact Barca plays EL this season as long as they still can. But their laugh conceals a very sad grimace.

FinBarcelonafan

No, they are not underrating Barca. They are scared and know what might be coming. Because of that they are trying to exhaust as much enjoyment out of the fact Barca plays EL this season as long as they still can. But their laugh conceals a very sad grimace.

Yeah I know, but I just wanted to mention great teams in EL are usually good in CL. It's good sign for our next season!

Bobo32

It's probably partly better PEDs but it is mostly about a smarter setup and a better leadership with a better attitude.

Windhook

Yep, Barca might win EL, but it's irrelevant. What should disturb any hater is the importance of that 0-4 result, it was like an earthquake on football world that Barca style is still alive and deadly even without superstars like Messi or Neymar.

Horatio

You're welcome
Yep, Barca might win EL, but it's irrelevant. What should disturb any hater is the importance of that 0-4 result, it was like an earthquake on football world that Barca style is still alive and deadly even without superstars like Messi or Neymar.

Only thing that saddens me we have probably helped Real expose weaknesses and what needs to be fixed.

Windhook

Only thing that saddens me we have probably helped Real expose weaknesses and what needs to be fixed.

Last night I gathered with some friends who are sick of football. The overall comments were "Real Madrid are playing the same players for 10-12 years now." I agree with them that Madrid needs a major build up in every area.

ajnotkeith

A little stupid to write off Real because of one game. Just like we are learning from the mistakes made before they will as well and will probably have a LaLiga this season.

They did not show their best in that game.

Horatio

You're welcome
A little stupid to write off Real because of one game. Just like we are learning from the mistakes made before they will as well and will probably have a LaLiga this season.

They did not show their best in that game.

Not just one game. PSG away and home as well.

JamDav1982

Where are those who wanted Cowman to stay? Where are those who supported him when he should've got fired at the end of the last season? Yes, I'm talking to you Jamdav, aka always supports the wrong coaches/players, Horatio, a hard-core Cowman supporter, Birdy, Joan, Vegainatut, etc. Even a good poster like Khaled_a_d got it wrong.

Others understandably wanted Xavi to come after some seniors leave like Messi and cos.

Some of us posted about him long ago: I_bleed_blaugrana, serghei, fergus90, Reketa10, Bobo32, FCBarca, and a few more. = WIN

Fake news George the Nonce.

In actual fact I said Koeman would be lucky to stay after way league was lost and Xavi should have been in the job in summer. But dont let truth get in the way.

After doing a lot well last season the way it ended wasnt good enough.

Where is your 'world class' Riqui who is better than Pedri and Xavi would have in starting line up?

Calma nonce.

Puigs no1 stan trying to make a comeback from that awful shout. Try harder.

JamDav1982

I said it before, Xavi can be an excellent coach for us after a few years not now, not while the amigos are still ruling the club.

Gallardo or Ten Hag would have been better hiring if they do have the backing of Laporta to exercise political power over any player.

Oooft George the Nonce.

Going all in on how much wanted Xavi yet you posted this in late January.

You make it too easy.

Calma.

Facts here.. Jammy said Xavi should have got job.. George said not for a few years. Facts.

To be fair I said Ten Haag also but there was no way he was taking it and Xavi was the man and gave reasons albeit a gamble but worth taking.. you said not yet.

Think through your arguments a bit better next time Georgie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans