Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Carrasco is not a bad player imo. Still has some football left in him, and a hard worker. I'll take him for a good sum without doubt. Nothing over 15-ish million though.

FC B

That would mean we won back to back league titles. Would be a good thing, my son.

Barca is likely to win the next LL too. They thrive on this type of competition and their main focus is and will be on it.
But what about european matches? It will be the same or almost the same shit imo, sadly. And that's not that good at all.

Let's rate Xavi 10 for winning LL, how would you rate his previous 2 european campaigns? I'd rate them with a big 2 out of 10. And if it continues like that it would feel much much worse.

serghei

Barca is likely to win the next LL too. They thrive on this type of competition and their main focus is and will be on it.
But what about european matches? It will be the same or almost the same shit imo, sadly. And that's not that good at all.

Let's rate Xavi 10 for winning LL, how would you rate his previous 2 european campaigns? I'd rate them with a big 2 out of 10. And if it continues like that it would feel much much worse.

:facepalm:

Competing in Europe doesn't come immediately with a new team. It takes a bit of time. Winning La Liga is pretty impressive so quickly. Of course failing to do better in Europe next season will be a bigger problem.

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Season is a solid 8/10 if we win La Liga in such a clear and dominant fashion. For a team barely starting their rebuild in the last summer.

ajnotkeith

:facepalm:

Competing in Europe doesn't come immediately with a new team. It takes a bit of time. Winning La Liga is pretty impressive so quickly. Of course failing to do better in Europe next season will be a bigger problem.

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Season is a solid 8/10 if we win La Liga in such a clear and dominant fashion. For a team barely starting their rebuild in the last summer.

To an extent its a club culture thing as well... over the last two decade or so I think we've won way more Ligas than Madrid right? We tend to do much better domestically and of course, as we know, much worse in Europe.

Not taking anything away about winning the league obv but I think it plays a part. Madrid don't seem to be able to motivate for the week in week out grind of league games.

I guess when you have so many decorated veterans like they do, they find it hard to get up to play Osasuna. We've got a young hungry team who wants to win asap.

ajnotkeith

lol

i just don't see the positives going forward with him. winning the league in the current context is still a great achievement for him. but my feeling right now is that he'll get sacked at the end of next season. maybe i'm pessimistic, as usual...

I feel the same way because the football isn't good.

So many of these games are coming down to fine margins, so many... Keeping 1-0s against Getafes and Gironas can't work forever even if they suck at attacking.

We need to see a greater development of the football next season if we want to compete in Europe and repeat the league because you don't compete against top teams like that.

However, the bright side is that finally we look to have a pretty good defense as opposed to the past years where we would leak goals against any random teams. Obviously in the big games it's not been so impressive but it's a decent starting point if we can improve the attack. Additionally, Xavi has added much more intensity and hustle to the team that we've not seen since the 2010s. There are some strong aspects that can be built on if we work on attacking patterns and play more expansive football.

iniestaGOAT

Pep is still embarrassing himself in Europe after spending billions. Relax.

Next season will be better.

Gnidrologist

Barca can achieve in international cups only, when has goat tier players it seems. Not even likes of Rivaldo could drag the rank and file team to success there.

serghei

Barca can achieve in international cups only, when has goat tier players it seems. Not even likes of Rivaldo could drag the rank and file team to success there.

It was always like that. We always tried to dominate other teams, impose our style on them, and win by doing this, and for this you obviouisly need multiple elite players, wether by developing them, buying them, or usually a mix of both. Defending and getting lucky was never our style.

serghei

To an extent its a club culture thing as well... over the last two decade or so I think we've won way more Ligas than Madrid right? We tend to do much better domestically and of course, as we know, much worse in Europe.

Not taking anything away about winning the league obv but I think it plays a part. Madrid don't seem to be able to motivate for the week in week out grind of league games.

I guess when you have so many decorated veterans like they do, they find it hard to get up to play Osasuna. We've got a young hungry team who wants to win asap.

True. The difference is this league is more impressive because we don't have players like Messi, Ronaldinho, Iniesta, Eto'o and so on.

Most of the league-winning teams in the past 15 years or so had several Ballon d'Or level player in them. This one is very light on such talent, with actually zero players like that. Hence why this league is mostly achieved by being focused and determined every week and defending well, to the credit of Xavi.

It's gonna be very hard to show the same motivation next season, which is why repeating the league next year is not even close of being very likely. Especially if Madrid improve their squad even more this summer.

This league season is gonna be next to impossible to repeat next year imo. We've won so many games because we treated almost each game as a final. Except for Almeria in the first half, I don't remember any game this season where the team was complacent or lazy. No matter if we played better or worse, in all games almost the team fought hard for the 3 ponts.

jamrock

Xavi naysayers are running out of excuses After the man is about to walk the league after not winning it for years, so now their like but next season!!, I built a time machine and it's not gonna go well.

ajnotkeith

No way are the excuses already rolling in if Xavi doesn't win the league next season. Fucking hell man :lol:

Even if he doesn't, it doesn't mean a failure. We have already won this one and who knows maybe we do well in Europe next year and don't win the league even if it is unlikely.

The only thing I want to see first is some better football.

serghei

No way are the excuses already rolling in if Xavi doesn't win the league next season. Fucking hell man :lol:

Not excuses. We should have as an objective to win the league, but in case you didn't notice our rival is the biggest club in the world.

We're not fighting with Dortmund, Leipzig, or Lens here.

All I'm saying is you should not devalue the league, or consider it easy to win. Madrid may have had a bad season in the league, but they won't just wait around and see us winning leagues in a row like in the Messi era.

They will react. You saw them celebrating their Copa semifinal win like crazy a few days ago.

Not many leagues have been won in the last 3 seasons by 3 different teams, as it's close with La Liga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans